Susie Verrill #5 Shopping Guru, very woke. Thank goodness for swipe-ups or she'd be broke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not forgetting she has the luxury of Greg not working for the last five years and her Mum and step Dad being on hand at all times. I could only dream of this kind of help.
She wouldn’t cope in the real world. She comes from such a place of privilege with all the support around her so she has no right to be spouting advice and think of herself as some kind of guru. Everything about her annoys me. I can’t believe I used to like her either.

Reactions: 13
The audacity 🤣. One c section and she's an expert🤣🤣🤣. But only for Private C sections. Did you know she had a private c section?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The audacity 🤣. One c section and she's an expert🤣🤣🤣. But only for Private C sections. Did you know she had a private c section?
She couldn’t possibly comment on what a section is like on the NHS. You’ll have to go and find yourself a peasant and ask them.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her latest stories are so offensive. I used to be a midwife and we did nothing BUT advocate for people. If one of my women had said to me that she had a previously awful birth I wouldn’t hesitate to refer her to a consultant to arrange a section. I even used to accompany the women to the meetings to make sure they were heard if they were nervous 🙄
I had an emergency C-section with my first. Currently pregnant and at my booking appt, midwife said 'have you thought about how you'd like to give birth this time?'
I said I'd like a C-section. She said okay, and told me that I would see a consultant regardless of my decision.
End of.
I didn't have to justify anything, or fight my case.
But of course Susie would have had to, it's a good excuse for going private!

Reactions: 14
Aside from her actual own personal experiences (which could absolutely be glorified/hyperbolic for the sake of the ‘gram) I find it so beyond irritating and actually just downright wrong when people like Susie use their, what is actually very little, knowledge of things like this to “educate” women and help them “make choices”. I just think of all those first time pregnant mums who are reading her stories about feeling like her vagina has been “macheted” after birth or saying that c sections are “wincy” no hun, it hurts but it’s a MAJOR operation, some people feel pain and some people feel very little. I think I just worry for their mental health. As an “influencer” (use the term loosely when it comes to our SJV) I think medical talk should be off the cards UNLESS you are a midwife/doctor/anything medical related that actually knows what they’re talking about because you can cause so many issues with misdirecting people or causing people undue anxiety when it comes to something that already causes a lot of anxiety. Ask your doctors/midwives/health care professionals these questions, not some bloody stranger off the internet who constantly pretends to know more than everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had an emergency C-section with my first. Currently pregnant and at my booking appt, midwife said 'have you thought about how you'd like to give birth this time?'
I said I'd like a C-section. She said okay, and told me that I would see a consultant regardless of my decision.
End of.
I didn't have to justify anything, or fight my case.
But of course Susie would have had to, it's a good excuse for going private!
I had a category 1 emergency section. After I did ask if that meant I HAD to have a section in future, and was told even at that point that although I wouldn't necessarily NEED to have one, I would be able to choose. I haven't been able to test that as I've not had more children, but it was reassuring at the time.

Reactions: 5
Aside from her actual own personal experiences (which could absolutely be glorified/hyperbolic for the sake of the ‘gram) I find it so beyond irritating and actually just downright wrong when people like Susie use their, what is actually very little, knowledge of things like this to “educate” women and help them “make choices”. I just think of all those first time pregnant mums who are reading her stories about feeling like her vagina has been “macheted” after birth or saying that c sections are “wincy” no hun, it hurts but it’s a MAJOR operation, some people feel pain and some people feel very little. I think I just worry for their mental health. As an “influencer” (use the term loosely when it comes to our SJV) I think medical talk should be off the cards UNLESS you are a midwife/doctor/anything medical related that actually knows what they’re talking about because you can cause so many issues with misdirecting people or causing people undue anxiety when it comes to something that already causes a lot of anxiety. Ask your doctors/midwives/health care professionals these questions, not some bloody stranger off the internet who constantly pretends to know more than everyone else.
Agreed! I had both of mine vaginally & my sister had 2 sections (1st one emergency) and going by both of our experiences & recovery she definitely had it harder than me. I understand vaginal births can go wrong & tearing etc can be horrendous for some women but sections aren't the straight forward procedure Susie is painting either really. I had to help shower my sister after hers & I witnessed her stitches bursting after her second one due to her partner going back to work & her having no choice but to get up & going to look after her toddler & newborn. If anyone is unsure about their birth plan they need to speak to drs/midwives or family & friends if they have anyone with experience who can advise. Not someone who had a private section after a traumatic first delivery so is therefor extremely biased (understandably) on which way she prefers to give birth & who also gives continuous sly digs at the NHS. Which I assume is the service that the vast majority of her followers will use when delivering their babies. Also, I'm not convinced if she had went private for her first birth the outcome would have been any different? I thought that its normally the same medical staff who carry out private procedures as the NHS ones?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was utterly petrified about giving birth after hearing some absolute horror stories from friends and family, including one lady whose child was left disabled due to birth injuries. I was desperate to avoid forceps as these had been painted as the route to incontinence, trauma and disaster. I ended up with forceps in the end (after asking if I could have a c section instead and being told it was too late) and it was absolutely fine! Much easier recovery than a c section. There are a lot of vocal people out there telling everyone that vaginal births are horrific and they should get a section, and not enough people trying to allay fears!

Reactions: 3
Am I reading too much into it, or has susie Susan the racist hinted at having a miscarriage? I feel like the way she phrased ‘all the pregnancies that I have done’ was odd

Reactions: 1
Am I reading too much into it, or has susie Susan the racist hinted at having a miscarriage? I feel like the way she phrased ‘all the pregnancies that I have done’ was odd
Oh probably. Just like she’s got horrible HG and just like she’s had the most traumatic of alllllllll traumatic births so absolutely has to have a C-Section BUT a private section guyyysssss none of that NHS rubbish....

For someone who didn’t want to talk about their pregnancy she’s certainly doing a lot of chat...!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I could be wrong but I think she’s said in the past she’s lucky not to have experienced miscarriage. I think it was during baby loss awareness week at some point. I could be mixing her up with someone though

Reactions: 3
Hi Susan! Thanks for addressing the comments here about whether you're still suffering from hg. I mean, you are THE ONLY WOMAN ever to have been pregnant, had a hard time, had hg, taken meds etc etc. Nice to know you take on board our queries. Now, any news on you dealing with the racism? Still working through that one???

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Who the hell has been messaging her to say ‘oh I didn’t think you were still on meds’ WHO DOES THAT. No one cares! You do you Susan. You crack on with your boring racist life. But don’t kid on that folk are actually DMing you asking these questions. We all know that’s total BS. You just love talking about yourself and love the sympathy and attention. You taking meds for HG makes no odds to my day or anyone else’s for that matter so please spare us.

Reactions: 11
I love how someone says ‘actually HG is horrific let’s not demean it’ and immediately it must be Susie. Rather than someone who is capable of actively disliking someone & their actions and still acknowledges that HG is terrible and birth trauma is very real.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.