Susie Verrill #5 Shopping Guru, very woke. Thank goodness for swipe-ups or she'd be broke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you she say something once about giving the kids quirky middle names as it would be a bit of fun for them when they're older or something stupid like that?? I have a ridiculous middle name and I have NEVER. found it funny, I hate it and it caused me embarrassment through the entirety of school. I think she's wrong that it'll all be a laugh for them. I know times are different now (I mean just a few short years ago it was totally ok to be racist!!) but I'm sure they will get teased for they're middle names!

Reactions: 10
Did you she say something once about giving the kids quirky middle names as it would be a bit of fun for them when they're older or something stupid like that?? I have a ridiculous middle name and I have NEVER. found it funny, I hate it and it caused me embarrassment through the entirety of school. I think she's wrong that it'll all be a laugh for them. I know times are different now (I mean just a few short years ago it was totally ok to be racist!!) but I'm sure they will get teased for they're middle names!
Yeah she said something along those lines. And that as they were what they referred to them as before they were born that they would find it cute. I doubt they will find it cute when they have to announce the names Nugget and Mowgli for something official.

Reactions: 3
Yeah she said something along those lines. And that as they were what they referred to them as before they were born that they would find it cute. I doubt they will find it cute when they have to announce the names Nugget and Mowgli for something official.
Imagine those names being read out at their weddings!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I feel Mowgli really has the edge on Nugget, though. I mean... Nugget is truly sickening isnā€™t it.

Does a day of no pictures of the pink living room, no mentions of Rex being a nightmare, no infernal tagging of anyone whoā€™ll listen mean she could actually be having that private C section re the pregnancy we havenā€™t heard anything about?

Reactions: 4
Her latest stories are so offensive. I used to be a midwife and we did nothing BUT advocate for people. If one of my women had said to me that she had a previously awful birth I wouldnā€™t hesitate to refer her to a consultant to arrange a section. I even used to accompany the women to the meetings to make sure they were heard if they were nervous šŸ™„
Iā€™ve seen a couple of these comments and as much as I donā€™t like SV I canā€™t just sit here and not say anything.

Itā€™s very admiral that you as a midwife did that. I can tell you from my experience that that is absolutely not universal. I was due with my 2nd in 2019, after an externally traumatic birth with my first in 2016 I was having panic attacks and suffering from depression. Not only were the midwives not very helpful about my MH and the effect it was having on my unborn baby (ā€œoh youā€™ll be fine, we all worry but try be calm for babyā€ etc but also one telling me ā€œpeople give birth in war zones you know and their babies are fineā€) they also would not even entertain my requests for a C Section. They kept just dismissing what I was saying and I was not even referred to a consultant until 39 weeks. The consultant then fobbed me off for a further week ā€œto see how it went and me to think of my options a bit moreā€. THANK GOD when my waters went at 41 weeks the baby had pooed and I was given an emergency section, itā€™s was like divine intervention from my sweet baby as there was no way they were giving me one otherwise.

itā€™s amazing that you do that for your mothers but health care up and down the country varies so much. If I had had the money I would have gone private - hell we were considering getting a loan out to do it. So of everything she is guilty of, going private for her ideal birth when she can afford it is not one of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Iā€™ve seen a couple of these comments and as much as I donā€™t like SV I canā€™t just sit here and not say anything.

Itā€™s very admiral that you as a midwife did that. I can tell you from my experience that that is absolutely not universal. I was due with my 2nd in 2019, after an externally traumatic birth with my first in 2016 I was having panic attacks and suffering from depression. Not only were the midwives not very helpful about my MH and the effect it was having on my unborn baby (ā€œoh youā€™ll be fine, we all worry but try be calm for babyā€ etc but also one telling me ā€œpeople give birth in war zones you know and their babies are fineā€) they also would not even entertain my requests for a C Section. They kept just dismissing what I was saying and I was not even referred to a consultant until 39 weeks. The consultant then fobbed me off for a further week ā€œto see how it went and me to think of my options a bit moreā€. THANK GOD when my waters went at 41 weeks the baby had pooed and I was given an emergency section, itā€™s was like divine intervention from my sweet baby as there was no way they were giving me one otherwise.

itā€™s amazing that you do that for your mothers but health care up and down the country varies so much. If I had had the money I would have gone private - hell we were considering getting a loan out to do it. So of everything she is guilty of, going private for her ideal birth when she can afford it is not one of them.
I truly think it is luck of the drawer with some midwives/trusts. I had a similar midwife to the one above, went above and beyond to get me a consultant appointment when things were going pear shaped because everyone else fobbed me off. Attended the meeting with me to fight my corner and even came and saw me after Iā€™d given birth even though she wasnā€™t on shift. She was truly a godsend. Even though it ended up in an extremely traumatic birth and a cat 1 emergency section, I will never forget her kindness and how much she went out of the way to advocate for me. The thing is, even paying for private health care doesnā€™t guarantee you of anything and doesnā€™t guarantee you will have the birth you want or the people you want looking after you. My neighbour has just gone private for a section and she ended up having a seriously rough time of it and ended up in ICU and now has no one fighting her corner for MH because NOTHING with birth is guaranteed, NHS/private/giving birth on the moon, trust me.

I digress because ANYWAY, the point is about Susie, is that no one gives a single flying fiddly duck whether or not she gives birth in a swamp or the lindo wing, she just uses money to push her ā€œlook Iā€™m better than everyone else because I can put a LARGE amount of money on a car/house/on giving birthā€. At the end of the day, she doesnā€™t have to mention it to anyone that sheā€™s gone private but she does. Itā€™s extremely classless and there are thousands of women who follow her that would probably put themselves in extreme debt to be the same when in reality and realistically their births would be the same either way despite her need to scaremonger about bleeping everything. Itā€™s so wrong and it just absolutely proves that influencer culture is toxic if people feel the need to be competitive about where and how they give birth and that influencers feel the need to boast about it. Itā€™s not informative, it is ā€œlook Iā€™m better than youā€. And thatā€™s what everyone has a problem with. The end.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No but donā€™t forget the ā€˜quirkyā€™ middle names that she likes to get on her high horse about!
Definitely, the middle names are unusual! But neatly hidden away as middle names with pretty conventional first names. Susan is not as edgy as she likes to think.

Susie talking about baby wearing when I've literally only ever seen her use a god awful baby bjorn.

She literally sees herself as a baby expert.

Susie i breastfed all my kids longer than you fed either of yours (she likes to make out she did the most time ever.... She didnt

And yet she thinks shes THE expert for new mothers

Reactions: 7
Iā€™d love to know what Susie would say if someone messaged her to ask her where the ā€œapologyā€ went. Not in an aggressive or unkind way, just... why would you remove it?

I distinctly remember her saying ā€œthis wonā€™t be going anywhereā€ and a very tiny part of me actually had a bit of respect for the fact she was using the platform in that way.

Agreeably how she phrased it (those things werenā€™t as controversial as they are today etc) was pretty eye opening to her level of ignorance when it comes to racism and discrimination, but still it was a tiny step in the right direction. Now thatā€™s disappeared itā€™s as if... it never happened? Disappointing as it reinforces that blatant racism can be tidily swept under that bloody pink carpet. šŸ‘ŽšŸ¾
I can answer this one. She said ā€œher apology was up for long enough, longer than other apologiesā€

It was on the previous thread I think it was or maybe this one.

Reactions: 5
I can answer this one. She said ā€œher apology was up for long enough, longer than other apologiesā€

It was on the previous thread I think it was or maybe this one.
Ironic given the first thing in it was something like ā€˜this is staying up, it isnā€™t going anywhereā€™ šŸ™„

Reactions: 7
She's mentioned Jovi a couple of times previously for girls....(I hate myself that I remember this)
The Little Worne Store on Instagram (personalised embroidered baby knitwear, current instamum trend) had a cardigan with Jovie on recently, wonder if it was a commission for SV..

Reactions: 5
Wouldnā€™t put Ada past her either
Really dislike this name (not that you asked my opinion šŸ˜‚). But donā€™t think Susie would go for this. Too popular. I can already hear her saying Jovie in her stupid voice. Also getting ready for her totally favouring her girl, as I see almost all insta mums do who have both boys and girls. Their girls are the be all and end all and itā€™s all ā€˜girl gangā€™ vibes while they hardly mention their boys. Just something I have noticed over the last few years of following (and now unfollowing) these mums. Iā€™m a boy mum myself and it makes me sad. Can totally see Susie doing this.

• Heart
Oh I donā€™t like the name. Either names actually. I can 100% see that Iā€™ve said before on here, sheā€™s not really a animal loving country getting messy girl.
You can hear how she talks about their animals she doesnā€™t like ant of them. So yeah Iā€™m sure sheā€™s dreaming of a princess

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.