Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All - stop talking about an offtopic account, there's no thread on the account with a disabled child as it got too troublesome as people couldn't leave the child alone.

This isn't a post to be discussed, we tried it and it didn't work and the moderators of the site voted against reopening.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Why is Orbyn taking it upon herself to fight Susie’s battle for her. Bit creepy how invested she is in defending her.
she’ll argue with anyone who doesn’t shower her friends/family members with praise. Also think it’s pretty gross how her stories started off as “I AM A BROWN PERSON” as if she speaks for every single person who isn’t white 🙄

and what’s she on about with these pictures of Susie and the KKK? Not seen anything like that on here, or Twitter. Or Instagram, come to that. Smells like they’re fishing for sympathy

Reactions: 18
she’ll argue with anyone who doesn’t shower her friends/family members with praise. Also think it’s pretty gross how her stories started off as “I AM A BROWN PERSON” as if she speaks for every single person who isn’t white 🙄

and what’s she on about with these pictures of Susie and the KKK? Not seen anything like that on here, or Twitter. Or Instagram, come to that. Smells like they’re fishing for sympathy
Also seems like a classic distraction technique doesn’t it to cast doubt on the tweets in the first place and like you say fishing for sympathy. The amount of BS is astounding along with the whole ‘you can message me about it’ to silence.

Reactions: 5
I honestly thought her initial insta post that she wrote last weekend was genuine remorse. I really did. She was clearly an idiot 7 years ago, the tweets were awful. I immediately came here to see the screenshots. Unlucky for her although she deleted them there, they still exist here. A lesson for her and the Insta huns. I was busy all week and then watched stories where she said she was back (lol I didn’t even know she’d gone). Anyway, I wonder whether anyone else inferred that she was genuinely sorry now? With two kids I surmise she really has had her eyes opened since becoming a mum. I know I’ve grown up the past few years. Although I wasn’t a massive judgey racist on Twitter, that said!
I did get the impression her stories apology was half I am sorry, and half desperation because Insta is where she makes money, and will stick her nose up at getting a proper job. Also the concern that her past will affect Greg’s earnings.

Reactions: 3
I’ve woken up this morning, and still can’t believe she, (and her PR team) think that’s an acceptable ‘apology’. The lack of labelling the story in highlights (thank you for the screenshot) just further reinforces this was nothing more than a PR exercise in damage limitation for brand Susie. I get the majority of people in the influencer world are narcissists etc but how does this genuinely sit with BIPOC influencers on Gleam’s roster? Is it just another example of white privilege prevailing?

I was explaining the video to my partner last night (he occasionally asks what’s going on in the Tattle world) he couldn’t understand how she was dismissing the tweets with ‘whether I did or didn’t...’ when they’re all documented here, let alone so many of us saw them before she closed her Twitter down. Then her making out it was performative, steeped in sarcasm, implying it wasn’t considered offensive at the time etc - went back and showed him the full range of tweets people had helpfully screenshot here and he said she was delusional - that it was very clearly offensive to publish those tweets at the time and wasn’t a widely acceptable view only 6/7 years ago. He also said that it isn’t a defence to say/imply ‘oh at the time it was Ok’ as it diminishes the impact it has on those targeted.

Susie had a real opportunity here to put her money where her mouth is in regards to apologising and taking ownership - more so given how she piled in on MOD and was virtue signalling last week. She really could have dismantled it, demonstrated some of the learning she says she’s doing. But instead she centred herself in it, played the victim, downplayed the severity of her tweets and never actually said sorry once. Let alone how it came across as insincere and arrogant at times - she kind of confirmed Instagram is more important than genuinely learning/growing as a person. I just don’t buy that she’s taking the time to genuinely educate herself when the whole video is just a further example of white privilege. It also just smacks of cancelling any criticism - I imagine anyone who DMs her offering a different opinion on her video will just be deleted/blocked won’t they?
This 🙌🏾
Has anyone tried to contact her on Instagram to discuss her ... statement?

Reactions: 1
Maybe they've only just got round to watching her dig herself a hole. She's lost all the mates she's been trying to impress now
Maybe they were waiting to hear something personally and it hasn’t happened? Or they did have a private discussion that didn’t fit the bill and Candice decided to stop expending energy.

Reactions: 2
I was following her when she disappeared and now when I look at her account it says I have requested but can’t see her any more. Not that I miss the smug woman but odd I can no longer see the account. Don’t think I’ve ever interacted with her.

Reactions: 2
I bet Greg and Susie won’t start posting on insta again until one of the boys birthday, it would be pretty bad for people to write negative stuff on a toddlers birthday post. My son was born just before her second, so I know it must be coming up soon...let’s see.

Reactions: 9
I bet Greg and Susie won’t start posting on insta again until one of the boys birthday, it would be pretty bad for people to write negative stuff on a toddlers birthday post. My son was born just before her second, so I know it must be coming up soon...let’s see.
Don’t give her ideas haha

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Or she could just turn off comments? Doubt she’ll do that though as brands won’t find her half as appealing if followers (customers!) don’t have the ability to comment on her posts and as we all know, with the vast majority of these influencers, they’re only on social media to make money from it and brag about their ‘perfect’ lives 😏

Reactions: 1
Or she could just turn off comments? Doubt she’ll do that though as brands won’t find her half as appealing if followers (customers!) don’t have the ability to comment on her posts and as we all know, with the vast majority of these influencers, they’re only on social media to make money from it and brag about their ‘perfect’ lives 😏
I also assume that if you prevent comments then that pulls your engagement way down which is the opposite of what an ad partner wants??

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.