Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MOD and FOD have sooooo sooo many mire followers than Susie and greg combined.

I think perhaps d people just dont care ..
Or like many of us who have followed her over the years who unfollowed kinda suspected she was a mean girl all along.
Plus Greg has absolutely no charisma or personality or anything about him.... People just don't care.
But my point is have you seen the daily mail side bar, there’s articles about people who haven’t even appeared on ridiculous programs like the only way is Essex for years and still get article space.
Greg is an ex Olympian with an MBE and What’s happening with BLM, this story has 100% been squashed by gleam I imagine.

Reactions: 16
But my point is have you seen the daily mail side bar, there’s articles about people who haven’t even appeared on ridiculous programs like the only way is Essex for years and still get article space.
Greg is an ex Olympian with an MBE and What’s happening with BLM, this story has 100% been squashed by gleam I imagine.
Agreed. Google her and you get multiple articles about their engagement, the pregnancies, her rugby days, the hitting back at trolls who don’t like milos leggings. They seemed to be thought of as interesting before? Why not now? The red tops and the Fail love any chance to pull a woman down but they’re just not biting here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What I’m struggling with the most (the whole situation has blown my mind a bit tbh, I consider myself pretty hard to shock but this has got me!) is why she didn’t delete the posts when asked/recommended in 2017?

From what I’ve seen, she’s desperate to hang on the Insta life and I don’t think she’s even a little bit sorry judging by the video...so why not get rid of them then? Is it arrogance and feeling untouchable? Or is it nastiness and generally not caring a tit for any of the people her tweets affected? Or is it ignorance? No clue but it’s not right that you can say stuff like that, pay someone to delete things and then it’s business as usual.

Reactions: 11
I watched her 'apology' video again. She actually goes straight in and implies her racist comments were said in jest, heaped in sarcasm and not as controversial back then. And that context isn't important. Is she mad? The reason I am so disturbed by this is that she is like so many others who consider themselves not racist but who actually are. She's not a nobody and this should have been picked up by the press.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry had to convert it to super low quality!
View attachment 151752
I’ve rewatched this so many times. Her delivery (forget the words for a second) is SO arrogant. “This is what happened, I did nothing wrong, like it or lump it witch” is the feeling that I get from it. She has obviously practiced it and swallowed a dictionary to try and deflect attention from what she is or isn’t saying. It’s a statement. Not an apology. The fact that she starts it by saying these are stories as I don’t want anyone to be offended by the comments is just pure bull. We all know she could turn comments off. As some have mentioned, it’s on her highlights so she can always say that she left it there as she has integrity but give her a few days and she’ll be creating more highlights or adding to others and that one will conveniently be hidden off screen.
Idiots exist. Of course. We all make mistakes and I get the feeling that they think no one can do anything right - delete Instagram and you’re a coward, stay and your doing it wrong but all these people need to do is post an honest and genuine apology. To not mention that they were ‘getting it wrong‘ so that’s why they disappeared. To not mention death threats and their kids. That’s purely for sympathy. If you want to bring that up, do it on another post. Where you are apologetic. But in my opinion, people like Susan and MOD with her home interiors account should apologise and then then show their followers how they are learning and growing, not sweep it under the carpet. That’s why Meldrum is gone - the KKK was swept and she tried to pretend it was nothing.
I wonder how these people behave in real life when the duck upset a friend?

I agree that everyone needs to be hashtag bekind and that the volume of abuse these idiots get could cause them harm to their mental health but they don’t seem to understand that they could gain respect and the abuse would reduce if they just held their hands up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
But she will happily take £110k they've raised in her honour?

How about instead taking a stand against what was said, saying its wrong, and saying I'm actually going to use £2k of that money (pittance really) to a local charity fighting for BLM?

I await the delete message

This is like mumsnet 2 years ago where we were all banned from mentioning MOD and deleted. Then we came here.

• Heart

Yes, thats on Susie's unethical head.

Everyone hates her now. And they all dislike her even more for NOT being in the papers

Orbyn or Robyn Wilder has chipped in her two penny on Scandimum’s post explaining why Susan’s latest ‘apology’ was a non-apology. She’s ‘apologised’ once and that should be enough for the huns. Also, as per Robyn’s comments on Scandimum’s post, she is only offering her perspective as a POC, the fact that she is Susan’s mate IRL is an irrelevant detail.
Vile, the pair of them.

Edited to add Robyn’s 2 pence.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Not kept up with this thread, but just want to say - I was totally on the fence about TNM but her decision not to comment on this issue is too much for me. Normally, I would say that no one should feel they have to weigh in if they don't want to. HOWEVER, TNM has been advocating how it's not enough to be non-racist, you have to be anti-racist and yet, here she is, flat out refusing to call out her InstaPal. That's so hypocritical; performative allyship. It puts her cultural appropriation in another light, also.

She's always saying she hasn't got time because of x, y and z, which would be totally valid, if it wasn't for the fact that she's got plenty of time to be sitting on Insta chatting tit for days and doing sponsored work. Get your priorities right.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Agreed. Google her and you get multiple articles about their engagement, the pregnancies, her rugby days, the hitting back at trolls who don’t like milos leggings. They seemed to be thought of as interesting before? Why not now? The red tops and the Fail love any chance to pull a woman down but they’re just not biting here.
Yeah and I wonder why.. gleam are bloody brilliant at this kind of thing. It’s defo a story.

Yes, thats on Susie's unethical head.

Everyone hates her now. And they all dislike her even more for NOT being in the papers
Who though? If you aren’t a avid instagrammer or tattle member. Who even knows?
By the time this is all over they’ll be booked for all the z shows they were before. And that’s just not right.

Reactions: 6
‘Unfortunately I cannot facilitate that’ Sorry to disappoint but I won’t be killing myself - what?! It’s as if she can’t resist making a snarky jokey comment.

I think she wrote it herself tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yeah and I wonder why.. gleam are bloody brilliant at this kind of thing. It’s defo a story.

Who though? If you aren’t a avid instagrammer or tattle member. Who even knows?
By the time this is all over they’ll be booked for all the z shows they were before. And that’s just not right.
Yes she certainly seems to have got away with her horrendous comments and subsequent arrogant behaviour for now 😏 Though I suppose she has only come back to Instagram for future earnings (despite what she says 😂), so time will tell whether brands will still work with her when presented with all the terrible things she said, and the world’s worst ‘apology’.
She’s only got away with it if she/they can continue to make bags of money from it and get loads of freebies, and I’m sceptical about that. Even if Gleam have managed to keep it out of the papers, I’m sure a lot of brands will be reluctant to work with her after this, because firstly the tweets are HORRIFIC, and secondly the backlash they’ll get from collaborating with her won’t be worth their while!

‘Unfortunately I cannot facilitate that’ Sorry to disappoint but I won’t be killing myself - what?! It’s as if she can’t resist making a snarky jokey comment.

Haha, yes, probably sat with her thesaurus 😂

Reactions: 5
Someone on another thread mentioned that @LimeGoss articles register well on Google.. do we think this Susie Verrill / Greg Rutherford racist tweets saga would make a good story given the current attitude and focus on BLM?

Yes she certainly seems to have got away with her horrendous comments and subsequent arrogant behaviour for now 😏 Though I suppose she has only come back to Instagram for future earnings (despite what she says 😂), so time will tell whether brands will still work with her when presented with all the terrible things she said, and the world’s worst ‘apology’.
She’s only got away with it if she/they can continue to make bags of money from it and get loads of freebies, and I’m sceptical about that. Even if Gleam have managed to keep it out of the papers, I’m sure a lot of brands will be reluctant to work with her after this, because firstly the tweets are HORRIFIC, and secondly the backlash they’ll get from collaborating with her won’t be worth their while!

Haha, yes, probably sat with her thesaurus 😂
I really hope so. And even for Greg they don’t now come across as the nice family package now.
Just wish it had made the papers!

I think she wrote it herself. 'The context is not important'??? Erm, the context is everything Hun!

And all these instahuns, 'silence is being complicit'? Yeah until its your mate. They can all duck off. The whole thing absolutely stinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.