Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When she cocked up her line at the end .

Oh Susan.
Don't worry you're still going to get Ur magazine wedding spread!!!!

thank you! I’ve followed her for years then seen her story and had no idea what was going on 😬😂

Reactions: 2
Wow- didn’t know any of this. I’ve always liked her. Would unfollow her but I need to see the aftermath of this 🤪

Reactions: 4
Who thinks life will return to normal for Susie now?
I do. I think Gleam have buried it. And as for her not wanting to upset people, by having it as a grid post, convenient that most people don’t look at past stories. And that you can’t ask visible questions on them...

Reactions: 9
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.
she grew up in KENT. Your talking like she grew up on some remote uninhabited island in the middle of the North Sea!!!! But also - she wrote those tweets a few years ago, when she was a full grown adult woman. She wasn’t some wide eyed innocent young kid.

Reactions: 26
Ah man so the mean girl won?

Nm she still has to marry Greg. Unlucky Suze. Boringggggg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow she hasn’t learnt a bloody thing has she. Rather than just saying I am sorry I was wrong and I will do better she waffled on explaining and justifying her hateful words. So pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It feels to me like nothing has been learned. She came across like she was a spokesperson for something. The whole thing was devoid of emotion or sincerity, like she is distanced from it. I absolutely don’t buy it. Sadly I don’t think it will stop her carrying on where she left off. She’s keeping that account for a reason 🤑

Reactions: 10
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.
Sorry but there were a number of tweets that you would know were wrong no matter where you were brought up stop trying to jusify it. Tweets about disabled children? Also don't bring GF into it. Completely crass, disrespectful.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wow she hasn’t learnt a bloody thing has she. Rather than just saying I am sorry I was wrong and I will do better she waffled on explaining and justifying her hateful words. So pathetic.
Don’t forget she is back on Instagram to support with all the social change....and because you can find some great podcasts and swipe ups (she did mention the swipe ups in that context).
She is not interested in becoming more of a celebrity salesperson...nope not one bit...just there for social change. All about the change!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@Charlotteep What are D&I projects?

I hate to be suspicious but you seem to know SV very well in terms of “this is what she does”. I’m also not sure that putting George Floyd and her on a spectrum of people who’ve done things wrong does much to help your point personally. I would also say there are a lot of people who grew up in white lower and middle class houses with parents who were mildly, moderately or quite racist but we really can’t keep blaming behaviour like this on the parents and she was well into her 20s when she wrote some of it. We are our own people and asfor multicultural living, people pointed out in this thread she was STILL tweeting this stuff once she’d moved to and was working in London and even later.
By your point, I think everyone on Tattle seems to come across like they know all these people very well... I’ve purely just followed her and it’s the general consensus I’ve taken on how she acts. I wasn’t generalising but there are still many people who are ignorant to the world and upbringing of course has a huge impact on that. Because a few people here have been brought up in a similar way and disagree - SHES not you. Not an excuse to her behaviour but racism is taught and product of our society and surroundings. She’s purely ignorant with a number of sensitive issues, she’s obviously self entitled and proven to not have been a very nice person but my point is...does this need to be dragged out? Let’s see if she actually puts anything into action. Having children may have changed how she looks at the world or her attitude in general. I’ve not tried to make a direct comparison so I’m deeply sorry if that sounded out of turn, but I’ve tried to make a point that people are not always defined by one period of their life. This has all come to light in its entirety in mainstream media because of this terribly tragic and barbaric incident so think it’s very relevant to understand that regardless of someone’s past actions, that doesn’t give people the free reign to grab their pitchforks and assassinate someone’s character over again when you genuinely have no idea whether she is genuinely sorry. Same as those trying to tarnish the memory of a man who brutally lost his life for his past actions. I’m really not trying to make excuses and again definitely don’t want to make comparisons but yes she’s acted disgracefully, she definitely could have handled this situation better but I feel people on this site at time’s can sadly be just as bad.

Reactions: 5
She’s purely ignorant with a number of sensitive issues, she’s obviously self entitled and proven to not have been a very nice person but my point is...does this need to be dragged out? Let’s see if she actually puts anything into action. Having children may have changed how she looks at the world or her attitude in general. I’ve not tried to make a direct comparison so I’m deeply sorry if that sounded out of turn, but I’ve tried to make a point that people are not always defined by one period of their life.
It was over a period of years and covered a wide range of topics. Sorry but your one woman PR campaign won’t work here.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It was over a period of years and covered a wide range of topics. Sorry but your one woman PR campaign won’t work here.
PR campaign? Just because I’m disagreeing with how people are going about this, DOESNT mean I’m trying to make excuses for her so please don’t confuse that. Remember this is still a person that’s the point I’m trying to get across - she clearly didn’t think about others when she posted insensitive tweets but surely we should all know better? I just don’t feel posting a hate campaign against her is getting anywhere, constructive criticism yes but this just seems to go further than that. I’ve simply tried to see it from the other side and that what if maybe, just maybe she genuinely is taking actions to educate herself and is not the same person she was?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
she grew up in KENT. Your talking like she grew up on some remote uninhabited island in the middle of the North Sea!!!! But also - she wrote those tweets a few years ago, when she was a full grown adult woman. She wasn’t some wide eyed innocent young kid.
She also worked in the media at this time! It was her job to know what was acceptable and not acceptable to publish!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.