Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Wow. That has been rehearsed and rehearsed. Weirdly, I assumed she would be looking to the left, (memory recall) but she looks constantly to the right! That is the imagination side of the brain...

Bullshit did she get death threats - as someone said, she closed her accounts within 24 hours - that must be a GLEAM special. When the tit really hits the fan, claim you’ve been threatened.

Is the ‘I Am Racist’ post still there?!
I think though when you video on your phone it can flip the image like a mirror. So left looks like your right etc. Depends on how she videoed it - I don’t think any of us can read to much into her facial language...just the very absence of a sorry in the content speaks volumes!

Reactions: 2
No “sorry”, lies about the dog walking stuff being of this, “whether I did or didn’t” When screenshots are pretty clear she did... the strange comment about not being able to facilitate the self harm messages. As for claiming she’s changed? We can see from her attitude in general that she’s still a performative hole so the only thing she’s changed is how public she is with her racist comments.

She is ridiculous and the statement was so weak. She doesn’t even sound sorry! She sounds bored and irritated that she has to do the video at all. Bet the other mummies who’ve vanished will be watching on tenterhooks to see if it works and then they’ll being doing their own serious news at 10 none apologies.

And the I am racist post is gone. Last thing on the grid is the mud kitchen.

Does it have a swartztica on it?
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.

I think taking at least a weeks break was a better idea than coming back.

With:
Excuses.
Lies.
Self pity.
Victim mentality.
And scorn.

Reactions: 12
Her 'apology' video is laughable.

IF (and that's if because I dont believe there were any) death threats to her and her children then why the actual duck would you come back on to social media?

She says she wants to use it as a resource blah blah but she could do that with an anonymous account following whoever she likes, without posting her children.

People who follow her still, please give an update as to what her content looks like going forward. As a Mum I can't imagine selling my kid like Susie and the other instamums do, but if there has been any threats you bet anything I had on there going forward (and previously) would no longer appear.

Reactions: 7
People sent her kids death threats? Where? Certainly not on here! Proof please because I don't believe that for one minute.

Pathetic "apology"

Reactions: 7
She is still following candice

Candice is not following her

There are still some higher profile people following her. Will be interesting to see their stories and reactions

I think she got too many other people to write that speech, it wasn't her, it wasn't natural. I also think she missed the biggest word of all. Sorry.

I do believe the threats and DMs. I've seen what horror people can write in them. I also think that people found that dog post in Facebook and reshared it, not that it was the first time as it was in April, but that so many people sent it to her she realised how easily accessible stuff like that was

A private account with 124k followers will be unusual. How would that work with ads? I'm presuming not. I wonder how she will go forwards. Will she just read and learn or will she post a lot?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If I had genuinely had death threats towards my kids, the last place I would be is social media, and the first place I would have gone is to the police (who would have said come off social media)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Another eyebrow raiser was when she very pointedly thanked everyone who had been KIND and UNDERSTANDING to her on her difficult personal time. I couldn’t help thinking of all those tweets she wrote and how they were anything but those things.
And POLITE and RESPECTFUL. Oh yeah, just like you were in those horrible tweets 😡

• Angry
Its an abysmal apology

-- Not one reference to 'racism'
-- Account still private so a small number of people can see it
-- "Im not looking for trouble, just sitting here in the background" - sorry, what??
-- "Im not here to change anyone's minds" - thats not the point. You should be convincing people of your sincerity and actually trying to change their minds you bleeping moron.
-- dubious claims about her kids and messages from people (made about her, just like Hannah Gale)
-- scripted by someone and using language that is not part of her vocab - stilted and dishonest

Genuinely aghast at how bad it was. Shows you how thick and entitled she is

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Her 'apology' video is laughable.

IF (and that's if because I dont believe there were any) death threats to her and her children then why the actual duck would you come back on to social media?

She says she wants to use it as a resource blah blah but she could do that with an anonymous account following whoever she likes, without posting her children.

People who follow her still, please give an update as to what her content looks like going forward. As a Mum I can't imagine selling my kid like Susie and the other instamums do, but if there has been any threats you bet anything I had on there going forward (and previously) would no longer appear.
Yes, if genuine threats have been made against her children then I assume from now on she’s going to keep them off her social media entirely? As why on Earth, if the accusations of death threats are true (they’re not 🙈), would you keep featuring those children for the world to see? Anyone who threatens the lives of children over their mother’s behaviour would also surely be reported to the police, as it’s a criminal act? 🤔

Reactions: 10
Sorry, all the above is a massive no from me. Also from a very white area of the country. ZERO excuses

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@Charlotteep What are D&I projects?

I hate to be suspicious but you seem to know SV very well in terms of “this is what she does”. I’m also not sure that putting George Floyd and her on a spectrum of people who’ve done things wrong does much to help your point personally. I would also say there are a lot of people who grew up in white lower and middle class houses with parents who were mildly, moderately or quite racist but we really can’t keep blaming behaviour like this on the parents and she was well into her 20s when she wrote some of it. We are our own people and asfor multicultural living, people pointed out in this thread she was STILL tweeting this stuff once she’d moved to and was working in London and even later.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
👆ok I'll bite.
I grew up in a similar area to Susie with people who have similar beliefs, I am 10 years older than her so you could say I am less Liberal.
Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. .
I’m sorry but I can not agree with you at all. I grew up in a very very conservative white area, my parents came from a tiny pit village, on a simple human level nobody has ever said anything resembling the horrid language she used and I won’t have that used as an excuse.

Not only was she racist, she also tweeted about disabled children and fat people...is that because of her upbringing?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think it's incredibly unfair and disrespectful to compare Susie - a racist with George Floyd - a man killed by police brutality in a horrifying and abhorrent way.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@Charlotteep What are D&I projects?

I hate to be suspicious but you seem to know SV very well in terms of “this is what she does”. I’m also not sure that putting George Floyd and her on a spectrum of people who’ve done things wrong does much to help your point personally. I would also say there are a lot of people who grew up in white lower and middle class houses with parents who were mildly, moderately or quite racist but we really can’t keep blaming behaviour like this on the parents and she was well into her 20s when she wrote some of it. We are our own people and asfor multicultural living, people pointed out in this thread she was STILL tweeting this stuff once she’d moved to and was working in London and even later.
Diversity and inclusion.

Reactions: 2
That was a very karen from Croydon apology. Completely bizarre and passive aggressive. With full face of makeup. She must earn a fair whack from it if she's trying this hard to salvage an INSTAGRAM PAGE. Bye Susan.

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve completely missed this- what did she do?
😆😆
Start at thread 2, pull up a chair, get a drink, you've a lot to catch up on!

Strangest thing I've ever seen! Have a good evening?!? What?! You're not the bloody PM.

And the Prince Andrew style lack of apology...

Sorry seems to be the hardest word!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
That was a very karen from Croydon apology. Completely bizarre and passive aggressive. With full face of makeup. She must earn a fair whack from it if she's trying this hard to salvage an INSTAGRAM PAGE. Bye Susan.
I’ve got to admit, I kept getting distracted by her perfect brows.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.