Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is still following candice

Candice is not following her

There are still some higher profile people following her. Will be interesting to see their stories and reactions

I think she got too many other people to write that speech, it wasn't her, it wasn't natural. I also think she missed the biggest word of all. Sorry.

I do believe the threats and DMs. I've seen what horror people can write in them. I also think that people found that dog post in Facebook and reshared it, not that it was the first time as it was in April, but that so many people sent it to her she realised how easily accessible stuff like that was

A private account with 124k followers will be unusual. How would that work with ads? I'm presuming not. I wonder how she will go forwards. Will she just read and learn or will she post a lot?
Candice is still following her

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Calling influencers tits for having no self awareness using followers for money is a fact and can clearly see i used the word tit to be inoffensive because I just don’t agree with people coming on here just to be nasty...never denied that SV doesn’t have self awareness and she is a tit who is only about making money for insta but I’m just not going to sit and say I agree with going after someone in such a way as people have done here because that’s when it crosses a line of online bullying. You’ve showcased that very well... 👏🏼
I’m really confused by your response.
You can call out influencers for grabbing money but I can’t? Susie’s story is all about the brand, damage the brand, damage the money making it’s that simple.

How have I showcased bullying by saying the same as you? Who do you think is being bullied, you or her?

Reactions: 16
Soooo, susie says horrendous things in her (not so distant past) and is now receiving death threats?? For her and her family?? I unfollowed before she deleted so havent watched the stories. However, if she is receiving threats, why would you come back?? Also, be interesting to see who unfollows her and "speaks out" about unfollowing...

Reactions: 7
I can’t believe she had the audacity to come back and with that reply. Mind blowing.

Reactions: 7
Wow - that was not an apology. Talk about centring yourself. She shouldn’t have even mentioned why she came off IG and the crap excuses- this should have been about apologising PROFUSELY to every group that she targeted with her hate speech, saying that she wants to put it right and then apologising again for being a scum human being. That robotic script did nothing but tell us how tit things have been for her since the tweets surfaced. She’s beyond vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Charlotteep have you read the tweets she posted?
This isnt just about racism, she’s a hypocrite.
Posting offensive tweets about disabled children and then spearheading a fundraiser for one. She hasn’t learnt. She hasn’t grown. She’s a spoilt self absorbed girl child who needs to grow up and stop with the passive aggressive victim playing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
PR campaign? Just because I’m disagreeing with how people are going about this, DOESNT mean I’m trying to make excuses for her so please don’t confuse that. Remember this is still a person that’s the point I’m trying to get across - she clearly didn’t think about others when she posted insensitive tweets but surely we should all know better? I just don’t feel posting a hate campaign against her is getting anywhere, constructive criticism yes but this just seems to go further than that. I’ve simply tried to see it from the other side and that what if maybe, just maybe she genuinely is taking actions to educate herself and is not the same person she was?
As soon as you become ‘devils advocate’ for racists, you need to have a serious look at yourself. Her ‘apology’ was passive aggressive and insincere. She isn’t sorry. She’s sorry she was caught. This is all arse covering for future earning potential. I’m not sure what your agenda is here but you’re clearly very tone deaf to what the root issues are here and I can’t see what your

..... point if you’re not in some way connected to Susan.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m really confused by your response.
You can call out influencers for grabbing money but I can’t? Susie’s story is all about the brand, damage the brand, damage the money making it’s that simple.

How have I showcased bullying by saying the same as you? Who do you think is being bullied, you or her?
If you look, I never once argued against what you said about that so I’m confused by yours. I even liked and responded to your post response to say I understood EXACTLY what you were saying RE her just pushing for more money for frickin leggings so you going on my profile, screen shotting something inoffensive id said another thread and posting here to try and personally attack/prove a point that didn’t need to be made was just a crappy unnecessary move.

Reactions: 5
Thanking people who have been polite and kind to her. Yep, like you were with MOD. Do duck off, you self-serving, racist, ableist, fat-phobic scum.
Yep it’s different when the witch hunt is pointing at you and being endorsed by you, she really enjoyed the MOD downfall.

Reactions: 12
New to this thread after seeing her “apology”. I don’t condone any of the nasty, racist tweets at all but hoping to share some insight having worked on a number of D&I projects etc through my work and a slightly different perspective (again I’m not from Gleam and think her tweets were disgraceful!). Firstly, living and growing up in predominantly white or all white places, unfortunately there is a very backwards view on POC and immigrants. Usually it’s a behaviour passed on from parents and society and in truth, sounds like SV had a rude awakening when she moved to Croydon growing up where she did. These people know NO better, they’re often the older generation. Certain jibes against other ethnicities and cultures back then (think circa Little Britain) were more the norm and I think her need to be “funny” and outspoken on Twitter was hugely misdirected and this coupled with her ignorance and quite possibly racist upbringing led to thinking those tweets were OK. I genuinely do believe that people grow up and people start to educate themselves, especially people who move to multicultural cities and become exposed to life outside their hometown. You’re expecting someone who has been brought up in a certain way to change their natural thoughts and behaviours just because we know it’s wrong, but it’s an education process. Basic human rights shouldn’t be an education process but look where we were even a mere 50 years ago. Two ways I feel about her stories tonight...firstly I think she is trying to stay void of emotion and just get through what she wants to say, like others have said if she cried she’d be accused of turning on the waterworks for sympathy - but this is who she is. She has always conducted herself in this way when addressing serious topics, it’s usually to deflect or how someone who struggles with expressing empathy/emotion puts up a wall to not let things in. Not saying this is right, but let’s be honest I don’t think there was much she could have done to rectify this right now. Just think we all need to be a little kinder in these times - Shes been called out, likely to lose her career and any partnerships/income and I think she knows along with everyone else that she’s royally fucked up. it’s going to be those poor kids who suffer in the long run if people keep berating her/Greg on here. Best way to get her to face the repercussions is to stop giving her the air time. Also remember everyone’s on their own journey. Ex offenders turn their lives around everyday after committing terrible crimes (George Floyd for example), so what’s to say someone like SV can’t do the same.
Desperately insidious last point about George Floyd not being perfect. What's that got to do with anything? I grew up in a midsomer murders village and I'm not a racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Candice is still following her
When I searched it came up susie was still following her, but candice wasn't in her followers list? I think there is some cookie delay though, as some searches say noandro is still following her, but others say she isn't, and her IG post tonight implies she's not wanting to follow

Reactions: 2
I appreciate you have a different view point on this but this comes across as excusing a lot of her behaviour.

Grew up in the arse end of nowhere/countryside and this was not deemed acceptable behaviour, my parents nor my grandparents would have tolerated me or other family members spouting half of what Susie did. That isn’t to side step my white privilege either. While I won’t deny that some people where I grew up held different views please don’t assume everyone who grew up in a white area is racist or use that as a way to excuse/limit the impact of their behaviour. It also implies that racism doesn’t exist in cities when it does. Likewise using the time/era/year she tweeted to diminish their impact sounds like it’s excusing her behaviour and again assumes everyone behaved that way/felt it was acceptable when that wasn’t the case.

In her ‘apology’ Susie down played her tweets, ‘whether I did or didn’t’ when the evidence is plain to see - if you go back to the beginning of this thread or the previous one you’ll see the full extent of her tweets. They weren’t just racist they were also aimed at vulnerable members of society who can’t defend themselves, including disabled children.

As previously mentioned I think people should be able to rehabilitate themselves but part of that is owning/taking full responsibility for your actions - not once did she actually say ‘sorry’ and she downplayed her tweets and even cast doubt on if they existed with the whole ‘whether I did or didn’t’. I agree if she’d cried that would have felt wrong but she could have shown sincerity. The threats to her and her family are inexcusable but now wasn’t the time to mention it. This wasn’t about her - it was about her sincerely apologising for her actions, demonstrating that learning journey she is on. Instead she came off as arrogant and defensive and using DMs to hide any genuine criticism/difference of opinion. Lots of people on here have suggested how she could have handled this sincerely/genuinely - if they were being unkind they wouldn’t have taken the time to say this.

Susie was also very performative in her stories regarding BLM and calling out other people when she didn’t have her own house in order. If she had educated herself as she grew up why would she leave those tweets for the world to see - surely you’d go back and remove them as you’d be deeply embarrassed/horrified by them. Susie could have still referenced what she calls her ‘performative’ comments when telling others how to better themselves.

The comparison to George Floyd is crass and insensitive.

While not your intention ‘be kinder’ is often used to cancel people - especially around key issues/concerns. I don’t think people are being unkind - we don’t know if she will lose her Instagram career, only time will tell on that front. In life there are repercussions for behaviour - most people would face disciplinary action/sacking from their job if they expressed the views Susie did. Greg works/has a lucrative career - I don’t think their children will suffer and being the age they are, are hopefully oblivious. Also there is nothing stopping her from going and getting a ‘normal’ job in the real world while she takes the time to learn/better herself.
Beautiful written. I hope of all the things on here, she reads this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you look, I never once argued against what you said about that so I’m confused by yours. I even liked and responded to your post response to say I understood EXACTLY what you were saying RE her just pushing for more money for frickin leggings so you going on my profile, screen shotting something inoffensive id said another thread and posting here to try and personally attack/prove a point that didn’t need to be made was just a crappy unnecessary move.
It is really easy to see what members are posting, it’s not a witch hunt just a simple click. I was curious about your posting history because your defence of Susie is so detailed and frankly confusing.
I clicked on your profile because everyone has the opportunity to report a poster if they think they are here to tit stir. I was genuinely surprised that you had posted on other threads, especially the hypocrisy of saying other influencers are all about the money and Susie isn’t. I didn’t report you, just asked you why you think others are about the money but Susie isn’t.

Have you seen all the tweets you are defending?

Reactions: 10
Worst thing she could have done is post those stories. No apology, seeking sympathy, offering justifications and no embarrassment. Like a child being forced to apologise and it's just offensive. If you don't mean it, I'd rather you didn't bother.

I always thought she was a pompous twit when she started talking about being a 'traveller' having only, as far as I could tell, been to Arizona. She thinks too much of herself for me.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.