Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm she still has gleam on her bio.

Wonder if she'll be accepting new followers?

Does this mean Greg is going to speak up in her defence as well do you think? 👀

Reactions: 1
I'm not Gleam; I'm just trying to offer a balanced opinion. I suppose spending time in these threads and seeing what people are saying in the context of this whole Black Lives Matter movement just creates a pause for thought... is spending time tearing people down really a good use of our energy? Perhaps we should be spending this time doing more ourselves. No one is perfect. Filling ourselves with hate or dislike for others is exactly what this movement is AGAINST.

Don't get me wrong, people should be held to account. But not at the expense of us using our energy for good.

These issues are much bigger than us sat here bitching about other women.
I do get what you are saying, but I can’t and won’t support a woman who has said such vile things. There’s no genuine growth there, just self involvement and sadness that she’s been called out and made to look bad.

My energy is spent showing ANYONE in my circle that racism / fatism / mocking disabled people isn’t okay. I don’t see that as negative or filling myself with hate, I see it as positive that I set boundaries about what is acceptable ways to act (even if you don’t think you are being watched)

Reactions: 18
Guys you keep saying her apology.... I didn't hear a sorry. I heard an explanation no apology there. Kids and her life under threat but misses Instagram too much, so is back 🤷‍♀️ Wow

Reactions: 41
If she gets awY with this then its an actual disgrace. She is only sorry she got caught. Entitled batch.

She looked like she was trying not to smile/laugh towards the beginning and she didn’t say she was sorry, just ‘mortified’ !!

Reactions: 13
I’ll be honest, I felt a bit bad for her after watching those videos. Threats to the children and fearing for your personal safety of your family is never OK and anyone who did that should not be excused. It gets us nowhere.

however, it was odd to see a lack of emotion while she was reading all that. I appreciate that if there had been tears then people would have totally switched off for the fragility aspect, but there literally seemed like NO emotion at all. Which is just as strange.

I think it was good that she posted a response and acknowledgement of sorts rather than disappearing altogether, but those who said it was very self focused are right. She may well be learning and listening but I don’t see how her Sharing articles and books is more valuable to anyone than hearing about them from Actual Black activists, writers and journaLists. I know who I’d rather take my information from.

Im also turned off by saying her tweets were perfomratice but that her insta over the last few years is her REAL self. Sorry, but that seems difficult to automatically accept. If she tweeted like that through her 20s then the likelihood is she thought the same things in her teens. How can that compare to a glossy, refined media presence of a few years?

I would like to believe her. I’m not sure I do.

apols for mistakes, cooking dinner....

Reactions: 11
Omg I have only watched the first one seconds but it’s so wooden, clearly scripted, that I don’t know if
I can bring myself to watch anymore. I think she needed a few more rehearsals.

Reactions: 5
Hmm she still has gleam on her bio.
Lois from Gleam did a terrific job, burying the racist and ableist tweets, keeping her name away from hashtags, keeping it out of the papers... now SV can waltz back, make a 3 minute ‘apology’ (making super sure she gets it all in about how she’s suffered). No harm no foul.
The whole thing stinks. And I wonder how Gleams BAME clients will feel when they find out all that’s been done for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
5 years ago it was a different time, says Susie.

Back then, it was apparently completely fine for the girlfriend of an Olympian (with her own large twitter following) to continually insult Romanians and reply to a 15 year old Romanian girl like this ..

7E3381C9-A767-4CA1-9888-814B69C1C618.jpeg

That "apology"/explanation missed the mark and was directed at other likeminded white people watching and not at the kind of people she targeted.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
WHY IS SHE TALKING LIKE SHES A VICTIM?! OMG she's the worst. I'm going to write to Gleam tomorrow and tell them what a bleeping disgrace they are supporting someone like that, when they represent so many BIPOC.

Reactions: 39
I think we should come up with a stock response that we all type into the comments of every flogging post she makes in future. Along the lines of ‘Hey Sooz! Still flogging the kids eh? Still racist too?’

All of us, every time.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.