Susie Verrill #3 She hopes it'll blow over, or her wedding will be in Dover!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Susie Verill is a relative nobody in terms of celeb status - i don't understand why Gleam are leaving themselves wide open to (factually correct) allegations of whitewashing & abusing their white privileged position all for the sake of nasty racist and disablist Susie Verill. Especially considering all the things that Gleam has been churning out on Insta re BLM. She really just doesn’t seem worth all this effort 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I can’t see her on the gleam roster anymore.

I didn’t realise Mother Pukka is with Gleam. Am disappointed with that. Am wondering now if her sudden maternity leave wasn’t so genuine after all but a Gleam orchestrated move 😕

I really don’t know how Gleam could continue to represent Susie yet at the same time also represent BIPOC and stand over everything that have been posting recently in relation to BLM.

Reactions: 10
Btw Potatopatato aka Susie
Why like my post?
(said in Susie's cbeebies voice)

"buses are for poor people. Duh"

I get the bus .

Good grief.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Honestly, Gleam dropping her has made my day. Just ONE person to hold Susie Verrill racist accountable and make her see there’s a consequence to being so utterly horrible. If susie Verrill racist had owned up to this, stayed around to take the flack and not run away, I would have moved on by now. Her cowardice and attempting to sweep it under the carpet is what’s angered me most! How can you grow if you don’t stay around for the conversation?! My son puts his hands over his ears when I’m telling him off - this smacks of that! Wonder if Greg’s management are under pressure to drop him too?

Why like my post?

I get the bus .

Good grief.

I like getting the bus as it means I can have wine with my lunch..... not sure if this makes me common as muck though 😂

Why like my post?

I get the bus .

Good grief.

God the smugness in that video 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m going to bow out from this thread now. I don’t want to continually character assassinate somebody who has clearly been punished for their mistakes. I’d like to think those two boys will be allowed to live out their childhoods in anonymity but I have a horrible feeling Gregory MBE is going to fully take up the mantle there. Maybe he needs his own thread now instead?

Reactions: 13
I didn’t realise Mother Pukka is with Gleam. Am disappointed with that. Am wondering now if her sudden maternity leave wasn’t so genuine after all but a Gleam orchestrated move 😕

I really don’t know how Gleam could continue to represent Susie yet at the same time also represent BIPOC and stand over everything that have been posting recently in relation to BLM.
I wouldn’t read too much into it as Scarlett Curtis is with them and she’s a powerhouse of activism on all fronts!
She’s definitely gone. Wonder if they’ve just taken her picture down to keep it quiet or if she’s actually been canned?

Reactions: 8
I would think that if they have dropped her then they would make a statement? Or as someone suggested they have just removed her picture temporarily while they decide what to do.

I don't think I agree that Greg should be dropped by his management. His silence and nonacknowledgement is really crappy and does him no favours (and I really want him to come out and say something and am surprised his management haven't forced his hand) BUT while obviously a dick, he did not physically committed the multiple offensive statements that Susie has. I agree that silence is complicity but I don't know that he is justified to receive the same repercussions as her? I feel that would make her consequences less for a much more serious offence. Although the longer time goes on and the less he has to say on it all then I am likely to change my own mind...

I don't know, it feels like a mine field. I am by no means a Greg defender I just think if the consequences for people who stay quiet because they don't know what to say (if that is indeed the case with him) are the same as for people who repeatedly spew the disgusting bile that she did then are we making progress? Again, no idea what is going on behind the scenes. He could be staying quiet because he is embarrassed, don't know what to say, panicked about his career? OR he could be quiet because he thinks she has done nothing wrong or indeed thinks the same way as her.

Reactions: 6
I would think that if they have dropped her then they would make a statement? Or as someone suggested they have just removed her picture temporarily while they decide what to do.

I don't know, it feels like a mine field. I am by no means a Greg defender I just think if the consequences for people who stay quiet because they don't know what to say (if that is indeed the case with him) are the same as for people who repeatedly spew the disgusting bile that she did then are we making progress? Again, no idea what is going on behind the scenes. He could be staying quiet because he is embarrassed, don't know what to say, panicked about his career? OR he could be quiet because he thinks she has done nothing wrong or indeed thinks the same way as her.
Yeah I don’t think we can deduce that she has been dropped because she’s not listed. She may just not be taking bookings for the time being.

I agree Greg shouldn’t be dropped in punishment. He’s a smug eejit but he hasn’t spewed vile insults all over Twitter. It’s whether he gets the jobs now. A talent agency won’t represent someone if he’s not making them money. A lot of their ads, and Greg’s persona, are based around being a family man and their ads often involve each other (and sadly the children). I expect those campaigns may be harder to come by now.

I think his silence is more about not wanting to draw any more attention to it. I think they’re still hoping it will blow over. I think he needs to address it though, otherwise it seems like he is endorsing it. Particularly as they were together at the time of the tweets.

Reactions: 8
I can’t see their relationship lasting now. He’s ego is ridiculous and will want to carry on being in the spot light as much as he can. Susie racist tweets is washed up now.
It would be really sad for their boys if they spilt up though. I don’t wish that on them at all.

Reactions: 10
I agree Greg shouldn’t be dropped in punishment. He’s a smug eejit but he hasn’t spewed vile insults all over Twitter.
I struggle with the fact that he allowed Susie to tag him in this racist tweet. It was written in 2014, He had won his golds and was in the public eye. He would have been 27 at the time!!! If my partner ever tweeted something like that (he wouldn’t btw because he’s not a racist like Susie verrill), I would immediately make him delete it.. I would even consider if our relationship was worth it, I could never date a bigot!
I find it bizarre that he was quite clearly okay with her tweeting like this in the public domain.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I struggle with the fact that he allowed Susie to tag him in this racist tweet. It was written in 2014, He had won his golds and was in the public eye. He would have been 27 at the time!!! If my partner ever tweeted something like that (he wouldn’t btw because he’s not a racist like Susie verrill), I would immediately make him delete it.. I would even consider if our relationship was worth it, I could never date a bigot!
I find it bizarre that he was quite clearly okay with her tweeting like this in the public domain.
Yes actually totally agree with you there. If my girlfriend said that I would be absolutely horrified and assume she’d been hacked or something.

I remember Susie saying she wasn’t sure about being set up with Greg “because he was so vanilla on twitter” so maybe he’s got a similar “crass” sense of humour (read racist, ableist, xenophobic bigot) but has had the media training to stop him tweeting about it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.