Susie Verrill #2 woke in the streets, racist in the tweets.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s still active on tiktok; last video posted 6 days ago but the account hasn’t been shut down and the ability to comment is still there

It’s really just exposing what a sham this industry is. These are unexceptional people, without real merit (not writers, nor photographers, musicians, designers, seamstress’s etc etc not creators in the traditional sense of having a talent and honing it) who tapped into something new and their own inherent desire to show off. Why wouldn’t the wheels come off eventually is the real question for me.
And the sad part is that people who do have talent, who have set up their own small business, who have written, have created, designed, photographed etc etc are expected to send freebies to influencers to hopefully get exposure because every influencer loves *supporting small brands.

*When I say supporting they mean getting sent freebies, not putting their hands in their pockets and actually buying the product. Same influencers will also rant when people don’t like their #ad posts because you know everyone has to pay their bills!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
View attachment 147155

Crikey ....... So will speak out about big Tesco's as a group.
But won't speak about Susie because she likes her hair and her veneers.

Right.
Such hypocrisy! She went on in stories about how it’s not enough to post quotes we should call out people who are racist, but not when it turns out it’s your instamum mate I guess! She has also stated people who turn off comments regarding these matters and don’t engage are just posting to be performative so will be interesting to see if she leaves these comments and others up or just blocks and disables comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And the sad part is that people who do have talent, who have set up their own small business, who have written, have created, designed, photographed etc etc are expected to send freebies to influencers to hopefully get exposure because every influencer loves *supporting small brands.

*When I say supporting they mean getting sent freebies, not putting their hands in their pockets and actually buying the product. Same influencers will also rant when people don’t like their #ad posts because you know everyone has to pay their bills!
Yes! This hideous circularity really bends my head. It’s unjust.

Reactions: 6
I do find it odd that it's not even made the daily mail side bar of shame. They wrote about their engagement, and their children's births.
Rob Rinder must be busy right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Outing myself as a lurker who joined under the MOD hoo-ha and have returned in the last week for the full SV story. I followed her and Greg for years but was preparing to unfollow earlier this year because I was sick of all the "The boys love outdoor play and getting in the sun but it never hurts to back that up with something and THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HALIBORANGE." Greg in particular has become a one-man sales machine. I only decided to stick with them for Tokyo 2020 coverage so when that got cancelled I don't know why I didn't unfollow then!

So many great points made in this discussion so far. SV's initial acknowledgement post seemed brave at first but if anyone came here and saw the full outpouring of tweets that were not just racist but also ableist, fattist and downright disgusting then they'd be very shocked. Her damage control was useless, Greg is actually looking even worse for his total lack of acknowledgement of anything. Whoever he said he was gunning for a US college job is right, hence all the glossy Arizona shiz, but if he wants that to still be an avenue he best do something very very soon.

As for that dog park post, it is a perfect example of SV's entitlement issues. Any dog owner who's done any training or reading of any sort should probably know that if your dog is off lead and comes across a dog who isn't, there is a reason why that dog is not loose and it is YOUR responsibility to leash your dog so that it cannot approach. Her hoity-toity comment at the end that "maybe if the other dog was allowed to be loose then it would never have happened" is shite. duck off. You have NO idea why that dog is leashed and you should not be pronouncing your judgement, SV.

As for Candice, I am glad in a way that she has not posted on this. No doubt lots of people are curious for her comments but if we are learning anything right now then it is that we should not be leaning on black women to coach us through everything. Aside from anything else, Candice is in the middle of an online book tour and I am sure that and her family have priority over SV. I always thought they must have been IRL friends as they live close but I doubt they were. Note how SV posted NOTHING about how Candice's book was coming out or had come out? Wouldn't a friend do that? Oh, but SV was meant to br writing a book herself, was he not, so perhaps it's just a case of green-eyed monster *shrug*

Reactions: 20
I’m sure last year (maybe 2018), Susie posted on Instagram that she had hoped to write a children’s book. I believe (someone else might remember better than me!) she’d even pitched it to a publisher but conceded it wasn’t good enough and needed more work.

I have no idea if that’s one of the creative projects she’s been working on, but after all this, I’d imagine that dream’s gone up in smoke and Julia Donaldson can sleep easy in her bed tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
How are they ever going to finish their renovations now she isn't going to be earning any money from brand partners?!
And fund her shopping habit?!

Reactions: 4
Gleam are good at shutting stories down I think
To think, ten years ago, the term ‘influencer’ didn’t even exist and now there is an actual company of people working to represent the influencers.

I would love to see the puzzled looks on the faces of the Gleam staff’s family, friends etc when they explain what they do for a living.

Reactions: 11
Saying it how it is - thenursemum, cultofyouth and everyone who shouted 'Silence is complicity' but chooses to skirt around this, take note.
Cult of youth pisses me off. Will quite happily use the march to get some pics for the gram, but has completely avoided acknowledging her glaringly racist mate.

Reactions: 5
As well as being no black people in Dover (according to SJV) are there also no disabled people or overweight people? Is Dover just full of able bodied, thin, cis-het white people. Guess so, I’ve never been. Clearly there are people from Romania living there, but they’re fair game apparently.
Her brother lives there and I believe he has a son with special needs, so I wonder how they are taking all of this too!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Saying it how it is - thenursemum, cultofyouth and everyone who shouted 'Silence is complicity' but chooses to skirt around this, take note.
Absolutely this. Can't scream about blm then opt out of it affects your allegiances/ finances/ friends. Just no. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Probably. Cos Susie did. And Susie is "cool"
It’s just interesting that she said she’s “not going to publicly dance on someone’s grave or revel in a downfall” and I just wondered if she was consistent with this stance or held it only when it suited.

Reactions: 7
It seems to me SV struggles to admit to, and learn from, when she’s in the wrong.

Shown in the particular disagreement attached - SV’s dog ran up to another dog on a lead. The dog that was leashed snapped at SV’s dog. The owner of the leashed dog then (wrongfully) posted photos of SV’s home and details of her name and address on a public facebook dog walker group.

SV rightly pointed out this was unacceptable but continued to argue with people about whether her dog should have been on a lead or not ... the law is pretty clear on this matter.

SV acknowledging her tweets as heinous was a step in the right direction, but then deleting her account?

Own up, learn, move forward.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Comment on Wee Slice’s Insta stories. I think it might have been someone on here that sent her a message to question her liking Susie’s initial post?..
I did. But that isn’t my ig account. She must have had several people making the same comment. She hasn’t even seen my message i sent her yet. I’ve messaged a few times in the past and never get a response off her anyway.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.