Support for anyone that needs to vent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I failed an exam today. We don't get the results for a week or so but I'm fairly sure I've fucked it. Very frustrating, particularly as I realised afterwards I knew the flipping answers. I had a proper brain freeze 🤦‍♀️

I can live with the failure. I think we have the option to retake so all is not lost. It's that little internal voice in my head I hate. It was there immediately afterwards "you're tit, of course you wouldn't be good enough. You thought you knew the answers but you're stupid. You've let everyone down. You're useless. You're a failure".

I couldn't have prepared for the exam any more. I threw myself into the revision. Helped by the fact it provided a distraction from my dad being diagnosed with cancer last week. Now the course is over, there's no distraction and I don't quite know how to distract my brain during my days off.

I'm sure it will be ok once I'm back at work next week but right now it's crap. I need to work on my breezy, happy face for next week though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My marriage is going through a rough patch right now due to various stressors. It can be improved if we address/start managing those stressors in a more productive way but it's starting to feel like I'm the only one putting in effort.

I'm feeling very trapped right now in my life. Chronic illnesses are holding my body and my life hostage. I can't work and so feel worthless. If anything bad happened with/to my husband I would be homeless & begging for money on the street. Or be extremely sick and possibly dead since my medications alone would be over $9000 a month without insurance.

I just feel trapped, very alone, with no real options or choice. I'm tired of being dependent on someone else, but my illnesses mean I can't work and I need some caretaking help too. I hate being sick and can't accept that this is my life from now on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I heard that a minor celebrity died the other night and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I had never seen any of their stuff before but they reminded me a lot of myself in terms of things we've had to go through and I feel so sad for them and all the things they couldn't experience, as well as for their friends and family. They died very unexpectedly (hit and run) at a young age and now I just feel terrified at the prospect of losing my parents as well as my best friends. Me being upset is really weird to me because I tend to feel numb to stories of death in the news or I find ways to distract myself but this one is hitting me hard

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I'm worrying about going to the dentist. I'm massively overweight now and have googled that some of the chairs max out at 18 stone. Thank god this is an anon site where I can admit I weigh over that 🙈🙈

I have tooth ache right now and am panicking so much about booking a dentist appointment incase the chair won't hold me!

I know this might sound ridiculous but I can't stop worrying about it. And maybe it's the millionth reason to try and lose weight but it really seems impossible at the moment 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m just annoyed at my partner. We both have covid and are stuck in isolation together. I’m asthmatic so I’m feeling so much more breathless than he is. All he is doing all day is sitting on his phone or playing the Xbox. In the meantime, I’m still have to tidy up, cook, do the washing, do the dishwasher etc.

When I was cooking dinner, even cutting up a pepper was making me out of breath😢 I have asked and asked time and time again for him to help him and appreciate the fact that I am also ill but he just doesn’t seem bothered and is letting me carry on with everything😢

Roll on Friday when his isolation period is over and he can go back to work.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Last spring I moved back to my home country after 15 years of living abroad since i was a little kid. I still can't process it. I left my friends and all the places I'm familiar with and I'm supposed to be back to my own country and i feel like a stranger.

I'm quite self conscious and shy so making friends will be hard I know. Right now i just feel stranded and even my family are tired of my whinging 🤦‍♀️

I wonder if 1 or 2 years later i will feel home?! To make new friends and actually be happy?!

• Heart
I'm worrying about going to the dentist. I'm massively overweight now and have googled that some of the chairs max out at 18 stone. Thank god this is an anon site where I can admit I weigh over that 🙈🙈

I have tooth ache right now and am panicking so much about booking a dentist appointment incase the chair won't hold me!

I know this might sound ridiculous but I can't stop worrying about it. And maybe it's the millionth reason to try and lose weight but it really seems impossible at the moment 😭
Don't worry, I had a serious amount on you and the dentists chairs held me. I'd book it and get your toothache sorted (I hope that you've already done this).

• Heart
I feel like I'm at a point in my life where it's almost impossible to make friends. It seems like everyone has their close knit groups and it's hard to become close to people. I have a few good friends, but because I don't drink I often get left out of their plans, they just assume I won't be interested so don't bother asking - even if they're just going for a meal. It makes me think like I'm on the outskirts of a friendship group and they're all not bothered whether I'm about or not. My closest friend is a diamond, but her boyfriend is best mates with my partner, so we only ever do things as a group. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely double dating but it'd be nice to spend some time without our partners too (unless that makes me sound awful?). I really value her friendship and I hope she values mine, but I feel like our friendship relies on our partners if that makes sense.
I'm one of those people who is quite shy until I become comfortable around people, so it is hard for me to make friends. I've got low self esteem too so I constantly feel like I'm being bitched about. Probably my own worst enemy in that respect.
It's been getting me down for so long, I have people around me and yet I still feel alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm glad this place is here. Here I go lol!

I'm fed up of fake people. 37 years old and I'm still falling in to the trap of opening up to people who turn out to be only interested until their own needs are fulfilled. This is not in a romantic sense but relates to 'friends' I am usually quite a guarded person but when I think someone is on the same page I let them in and most of the time it turns out they are not a true friend (in the sense of what I see as a friend) I blame myself for falling for it time and again, it must be something wrong with me. I put alot into friendships and I can honestly say I have about 2 people who fully reciprocate. Is it too much to ask?

I'm fed up that I've busted my ass at work for over a year and get naff all thanks. People promising they will 'look out' for you but then bugger off and you're dropped faster than a handful of cactus! I'm fed up of watching people walking into promotions because their face fits, they are young, they say the right phrases, know the right people. Hard work never properly rewarded. Fed up being taken for granted, that I'll be there to do this job or that thing but it all gets forgotten in the long run..

I'm really angry my colleague died from covid and I'm still grieving months after but every one else seems to have moved on and have happy clapped their way into the distance. Its wonderful they are happy and content, working from home in their perfect bubble but some of us are still stuck in the tit storm. Does anyone ask if you're ok? Do they hell.

I'm pissed off with people in general being two faced selfish gits. I think I need to start saying no and being less available because putting my all into things and barely getting anything back is hurtful, tiresome and demoralizing.

Rant over!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I feel like I'm at a point in my life where it's almost impossible to make friends. It seems like everyone has their close knit groups and it's hard to become close to people. I have a few good friends, but because I don't drink I often get left out of their plans, they just assume I won't be interested so don't bother asking - even if they're just going for a meal. It makes me think like I'm on the outskirts of a friendship group and they're all not bothered whether I'm about or not. My closest friend is a diamond, but her boyfriend is best mates with my partner, so we only ever do things as a group. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely double dating but it'd be nice to spend some time without our partners too (unless that makes me sound awful?). I really value her friendship and I hope she values mine, but I feel like our friendship relies on our partners if that makes sense.
I'm one of those people who is quite shy until I become comfortable around people, so it is hard for me to make friends. I've got low self esteem too so I constantly feel like I'm being bitched about. Probably my own worst enemy in that respect.
It's been getting me down for so long, I have people around me and yet I still feel alone.
Why can’t you arrange to meet your friend (boyfriends mates girlfriend) independently of your boyfriends? Just arrange to meet up the two of you and so something together without the boys?

I was practically ghosted at the start of the year by my two called best friends. I introduced one to the other. One just wanted rid of me it seemed and manipulated a lot and got her own way and sent me packing.

One of their husbands is my husbands best friend and has been since they were children. Neither got in touch with either, my husband assumed he knew what they’d done to me. Anyway he text my husband this week asking what’s happened and why not been in touch. He was very defensive but my husband suggested meeting to speak. He agreed. Today my husband got a text to say he can’t make it.

I feel so frustrated. I really wanted him to know just what this girl has done to me. I was finally getting over it and it feels so raw again.

• Sad

Honestly don't worry about that, the chairs accommodate some really big people. I saw two ladies in my dentist, patients not staff and they must have been in the middle of 20 something stones each. 18 stones isn't that big, a lot of men especially weigh more than that. If your well over say 25 stones then I'd email the dentist and just say you are concerned etc. They are professional people and will want you to be comfortable. X Honestly I wouldn't let that stop me. X

• Heart
I neeeeeed to vent, I went on a night out and one of my close male friends was v drunk and angry and badly bruised my arms and now I can’t wear the graduation dress I wanted to wear as the bruises are huge handprints on my arms! and then I’ve managed to come down with tonsillitis! and the weather is meant to be terrible on the day!

Was so looking forward to it as I’ve worked so hard but feels like the world is against me now 🥲🥲🥲

I neeeeeed to vent, I went on a night out and one of my close male friends was v drunk and angry and badly bruised my arms and now I can’t wear the graduation dress I wanted to wear as the bruises are huge handprints on my arms! and then I’ve managed to come down with tonsillitis! and the weather is meant to be terrible on the day!

Was so looking forward to it as I’ve worked so hard but feels like the world is against me now 🥲🥲🥲
Report him to the police - he has assaulted you.

Reactions: 7

You need to report him to the Police and the Uni if hes also there with you. I hope you are alright, you need to tell him to stay away from you and that the friendship is over as well.

Reactions: 6
I’ve found my thread 🙌🏻

well, nearly 2 weeks ago, I got pinged by the NHS app and was told to self isolate for 7 days. I was meant to be seeing the guy I like that night but had to cancel. The 7 days were up, and I tried to see the guy but life got in the way during my 3 days freedom before my head housemate who has really tit “banter” (who used to wind me up during lockdown that I was breaking the rules etc- I wasn’t) announced he had Covid so I’ve had to self isolate for 10 days this time. during that time, the lad I like I decided to call things off again. Because I had to be honest with myself-I wanted a relationship and he didn’t…. So I knew it wouldn’t work. For the 9 months I’ve been seeing him, he said he didn’t want a relationship at all but when I called it off earlier in the week, he said it was because I was too paranoid…and now he’s ignoring me!
I’ve got two days left of isolation & I feel like tit xx

• Sad
I'm really bitter. Everyone on social media are getting engaged/getting their dream houses and i look at my life and can't help it but feel embarrassed at how lonely i am/ how uneventful my life is.
I don't wanna be bitter, i wanna be happy for them but right now i can't😔
I know they don't have the perfect life, and i wouldn't want to have their lives either I just want my life to get better in a sense.

Ughhhhhh
Omg SAME. Everyone is moving into a new house, has a new job, is going on vacation. I am home alone with nothing going on. No fun to be had. Uncertain future job situation. How did I do everything wrong?

Just got to the point where Iam so tired
I try very hard to live a day at it comes but when I get mentally tired I default to anxiety and spend the majority of my day worrying about past and future
It drives me nuts, covid isn’t helping as like everyone Iam now starting to feel trapped, and then the pressure of running my own business and only having myself to rely on really doesn’t help either, I’ve managed to get myself in a proper knot
Iam grateful for what I have and I know other will be far worst off
But my headspace can be so cruel sometimes and I just can’t seem to shake it off at the mo :(
My mental health got so bad that I closed my business of 17 years last month. I am trying to not panic myself about the future and what I am going to do with my life now. I have some money saved so I have time to figure it out. But am so disenchanted with everything and everyone. I have a psychiatrist, a therapist and a group therapy program and am still struggling. I feel privileged to have the care and options I have, but am still miserable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I’ve just found out that a close family friend’s six week old baby passed away unexpectedly this morning. I am devastated for them and can’t stop crying.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Why can’t you arrange to meet your friend (boyfriends mates girlfriend) independently of your boyfriends? Just arrange to meet up the two of you and so something together without the boys?
I've tried before but we all have the same days off work and understandably she wants to spend her days off with her partner too so it always ends up double dating.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.