Support for anyone that needs to vent #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wrote a long pity post and deleted it.
Everything feels rubbish and pointless basically, and I really feel like I’ve had enough :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Everything feels rubbish and pointless basically, and I really feel like I’ve had enough :(
😞😞😞😞 we will try to help or just listen if that’s what you want ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s worth a try to put it out there. Someone else might be feeling exactly how you are. Hope you’re ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i hope it helped to at least type it out!!! Feel free to post as long a post as you want any time. I have loved coming here and letting things out.

i find this thread more helpful than writing my feelings in a journal as I feel ‘listened to’ here and it helps to know someone is reading what I’m saying. To me, it kind of gives me a feeling of unloading or letting go of what’s troubled me.

I am feeling quite low today and seriously considering my capabilities at my job. I feel weak and stupid and dim and incapable. I just don’t have that sense of work ethic, get up and go, confidence. I think I’d happily never leave the house again. I sometimes get a high on Fridays at 4pm and think wow my mood is great, but I know it’s just the thought of the weekend and letting go of the pressure for a few days. I don’t even do anything or see anyone. I’m just so comfortable at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
i hope it helped to at least type it out!!! Feel free to post as long a post as you want any time. I have loved coming here and letting things out.

i find this thread more helpful than writing my feelings in a journal as I feel ‘listened to’ here and it helps to know someone is reading what I’m saying. To me, it kind of gives me a feeling of unloading or letting go of what’s troubled me.

I am feeling quite low today and seriously considering my capabilities at my job. I feel weak and stupid and dim and incapable. I just don’t have that sense of work ethic, get up and go, confidence. I think I’d happily never leave the house again. I sometimes get a high on Fridays at 4pm and think wow my mood is great, but I know it’s just the thought of the weekend and letting go of the pressure for a few days. I don’t even do anything or see anyone. I’m just so comfortable at home.
I completely understand what you mean by being so comfortable at home. Except maybe I'm a bit extreme.

I've actually had a few little what I would call minor anxiety attacks the last couple of times I was out without my family, they were both in an evening with freinds and I was physically ill I was so anxious.

Over the last two years its become pretty clear to me that I have agoraphobia. I go out each day with my 6 month old son, but I walk to places I consider safe (to the shop, to the park, to the community centre, the school run) places I've been a million times over the years, allways by the same "safe" route. I feel horrendous if I need to go or do something alone out of my house that is unknown or in a place or area that I feel is not "safe". I know its not normal but at the same time I have no problem leaving it as it is.

I am comfortable, my job is remote so I will allways be working from home and I feel ok. I don't want to get out on my own. I just don't. My mum told me I'm wasting my life. Maybe I am. I don't know.

All I know is at home I don't feel dizzy, nausea, stomach cramps and jelly legs. I don't feel my chest tightening and have a really dry mouth. I've already made the decision that I'm not going to even attempt going out for the evening again, I feel safe and comfortable at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you all so much for the kind words. It honestly means so much that you would all take time to respond and - yes - make me feel “listened to”, as you say @newaccount2022.
And it did help a little to try and write things down, even if I didn’t post it.
Am absolutely exhausted now, so I’ve come to bed to try and get some sleep.
Wishing everyone who is struggling a better day tomorrow

• Heart
A problem shared is a problem halved. Often having a good old vent makes me feel a bit better even if it doesn't actually solve the problem. I'm sorry you feel so low :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How is my manager still in a job? He is unbelievably lazy and quite frankly I’m sick of the head of our team not pulling him up on his tit. It’s so tiring. He’s always busy and then palms work off onto others as if we aren’t bleeping busy with our own projects.

• Angry
I really don’t know if this is the right place to post but I guess it is because I just want to get it off my chest.
I’m struggling and I’m overwhelmed.
I’m a single mum to a 5 and half year old and tonight for the first time he told me “i wish you wasn’t my mummy” during a meltdown about it being bed time. His behaviour is hard work at the minute with just general not listening and meltdowns when it doesn’t go his way. I know it’s normal kid behaviour, he’s a good little boy 80% of the time but that 20% when he has meltdowns and bad behaviour it’s hard.
It’s just me, I’m always going to be the bad guy having to discipline and seem unfair, there’s no one to take over when it gets too much for me, there’s no one to sit down with after and tell me it’s okay and I’m doing a good job. It’s so isolating and lonely. None of my friends can relate as they all have partners so have that support. It’s the lack of emotional support that gets to me. No one to appreciate me as a mum.
Sorry I just needed to vent :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I really don’t know if this is the right place to post but I guess it is because I just want to get it off my chest.
I’m a single mum to a 5 and half year old and tonight for the first time he told me “i wish you wasn’t my mummy” during a meltdown about it being bed time. His behaviour is hard work at the minute with just general not listening and meltdowns when it doesn’t go his way. I know it’s normal kid behaviour, he’s a good little boy 80% of the time but that 20% when he has meltdowns and bad behaviour it’s hard.
It’s just me, I’m always going to be the bad guy having to discipline and seem unfair, there’s no one to take over when it gets too much for me, there’s no one to sit down with after and tell me it’s okay and I’m doing a good job. It’s so isolating and lonely. None of my friends can relate as they all have partners so have that support. It’s the lack of emotional support that gets to me. No one to appreciate me as a mum.
Oh lovely I’m sorry you’re feeling down. It must not be nice hearing your son say that to you, I dread the day my son starts saying stuff like ‘I hate you’ etc to me cos they pretty much all get to that stage, I’ve heard my nephews say it to my sister! Just know that he doesn’t mean it, your his Mum, and you obviously do a very good job otherwise you wouldn’t have got yourself so upset over this. He appreciates you, and he’s comfortable with you, and you are his comfort and that’s why he is lashing out and knows he can push boundaries/ say these things to you. He doesn’t mean it. You’re a brilliant Mum and you may be on your own but you’re doing a good job, and he knows that ❤ it must be tough being a single parent and hearing that, not being able to get a break etc but just know you’re doing fantastic. Big hugs xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was a single mum with my eldest for a while. It's so hard at times. I remember that feeling well. Try not to take what he says to heart, he'll think you are the best mummy in the world again tomorrow. If anything, it shows how brilliant a mum you are because he feels safe enough to vent at you and say hurtful things, knowing you'll love him anyway.

If the opinion of a stranger on the internet helps at all - you're doing the best you can and that is always enough.

• Heart
I'm just done today, just absolutely fed up. Is there any nice genuine people left in the world. Everyone just seems to want to belittle and feel superior. I try hard to fit in. People just seem to love to put people down. I don't know if it's because I'm low at the moment but I'm finding it so hard not to take things to heart.
Does anyone else feel like they question themselves over every decision they make or thing they say? Like I'm just waiting for someone to come along and smugly say that's not right or don't do it that way.
Sorry I'm rambling, 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Husband pointing out something I'm already really insecure about just now. Made me feel like a complete sack of tit frankly so I'm going to bed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm just done today, just absolutely fed up. Is there any nice genuine people left in the world. Everyone just seems to want to belittle and feel superior. I try hard to fit in. People just seem to love to put people down. I don't know if it's because I'm low at the moment but I'm finding it so hard not to take things to heart.
Does anyone else feel like they question themselves over every decision they make or thing they say? Like I'm just waiting for someone to come along and smugly say that's not right or don't do it that way.
Sorry I'm rambling, 😂
Often! Working on getting to that place where I accept peoples’ treatment of you is generally a reflection of how they feel about themselves. Also being confident enough in myself to act according to what I believe i.e. not trying to fit in. It’s a learning curve. There are some lovely people in this world, life is kind of like wading through a sales rack 🙃

• Heart
Sorry I'm rambling, 😂
I absolutely get this! I read once a quote that said something like: other people’s actions are everything about them and nothing about you; in other words, I suppose, don’t take it personally, it’s just in their make up to be that way. Easier said than done though x

I’ve been doing my best to support my mum through what’s been a truly awful year, as well as looking after the rest of the family, dealing with a ton of admin that crops up when you lose someone, and trying to process my own grief, that is almost debilitating at times; I actually don’t know sometimes how I keep getting up and getting on with each day.
I love my Mum dearly, and worry terribly about her.
But she can be so difficult and self absorbed sometimes.
Yesterday, we hit a glitch in something we - Me really - have been trying to sort out, and I just broke down; I feel like I’m so on the edge and I’m absolutely exhausted. I’ve been looking after everyone except me. My sibling rings her once a week if she’s lucky; I drop in every single day and take care of anything that needs doing.
Just in that one moment yesterday, all I needed was for her to say “don’t worry, you’re doing your best; we’ll get everything sorted.”
And I will get it sorted. I just feel like I’m not important as a person in my own right; I’m just useful as someone to vent to and to deal with anything that needs doing.
I’m the only one in the family that hasn’t picked up any kind of “normal” life after Dad passed.
Mum and sibling are getting out and about and getting on with their lives to “keep themselves busy”
I don’t have a life of my own at all. OH and I have become like ships that pass in the night, and barely even try to make time for each other any more. And this is a time when we should be able spend some time “for us” but instead circumstances just take us in different directions all the time and destroy any chance of quality time or closeness.
Sometimes ,( and only sometimes), I just want to scream “what about me?!”
Later I’ll feel ashamed for even writing this down but I need to get it out of my system at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My job makes me feel really unfulfilled because there is nothing to do so I feel like I contribute nothing. The pay is reasonable but I spend 90% of my day on tattle or playing on my phone.
My appearance in work has dropped as a result so I constantly feel a scruff. I used to constantly have my hair and make up done all nicely and wear nice clothes and now I just throw whatever on and shove my hair in a bun.
I have put on weight, albeit due to having a lot of fun doing things with my bf, probably more stuff than normal because of post lockdown excitement, but the weight gain has made me feel a bit less confident than I was previously.
I am spending money on paying off the kitchen of my new house which is siphoning money away, and I am still trying to live my social life, I don't like sitting in at all, I have always been like this. I have far too much energy
I have now, this morning been given an emergency referral for suspected skin cancer.

My immediate response to bad things is to want to run away, I just want to move to London or Australia with my bf (I know how ridiculous that sounds). I have booked my house in for a valuation.

• Heart
Just a light hearted rant… does anyone else follow influencers/Instagram peoples threads on here and sometimes people make posts in the form of songs???? 🙈

idk how to even explain it properly without sharing a post, but they’ll post something like
* in the tune of happy birthday *
*insert influencer name* is so weird
His girlfriends a beard
*insert influencer name* is so weird
His girlfriends a beaaarddd!!!!

gives me second hand embarrassment 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've not been on here in a good while as I've been struggling so much recently.
I'm just sick of everyone treading all over me when I've told everyone how much I'm struggling.
I've been signed off work for a while now so that's one stress away, but everyone else is just treating it as if I'm off on annual leave.
Im experiencing side effects of my medication so needing it altered and been told to let it settle before going back to work but everyone's getting so on top of me that I'm so tempted to just go back to work against Doctors advice just so I have time myself.
I'm constantly mum at home, I don't get a break, my family just seem to forget mental health exists and are so dismissive with unhelpful comments, eg: I had it so much harder than you when I had kids, I managed fine so you're fine, why are you taking medication when you could talk to us about your problems?
No matter how many times I admit I'm struggling or ask for help, I just don't get it. Makes me feel like absolute shite 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this - but I feel really upset with my boyfriend and I’m not sure whether I’m being petty or not.
It was my birthday a couple of days ago and unfortunately my mum came down with Covid a few days before, meaning she had to isolate and we couldn’t leave the house to celebrate (I’m 22 so still live at home with my parents). My boyfriend knew this and said he would do something with me instead. However, on the morning of my birthday he called and said that he wouldn’t be coming to see me until 9pm as he had a gym class booked in. We’ve been together for 4 years and usually he makes an effort, but I just feel like it shows what his priorities are that he’s happy not to see me until late in the night on my birthday for something that he can skip for one week. Am I being petty? I understand some people don’t value birthdays, however, a few weeks ago when we were in town shopping, he asked me to book a fancy steak restaurant for his own birthday (which is a few weeks after my birthday) but made no plans for mine. I just feel really hurt and it’s making me question whether he only cares about himself. This isn’t the first time he’s put himself first.

• Sad
Hello. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this - but I feel really upset with my boyfriend and I’m not sure whether I’m being petty or not.
It was my birthday a couple of days ago and unfortunately my mum came down with Covid a few days before, meaning she had to isolate and we couldn’t leave the house to celebrate (I’m 22 so still live at home with my parents). My boyfriend knew this and said he would do something with me instead. However, on the morning of my birthday he called and said that he wouldn’t be coming to see me until 9pm as he had a gym class booked in. We’ve been together for 4 years and usually he makes an effort, but I just feel like it shows what his priorities are that he’s happy not to see me until late in the night on my birthday for something that he can skip for one week. Am I being petty? I understand some people don’t value birthdays, however, a few weeks ago when we were in town shopping, he asked me to book a fancy steak restaurant for his own birthday (which is a few weeks after my birthday) but made no plans for mine. I just feel really hurt and it’s making me question whether he only cares about himself. This isn’t the first time he’s put himself first.
I would be upset too. Men just don’t think sometimes , maybe he didn’t think it would be a big deal to you. Have you told him how you feel? Ie how come he gets a steak restaurant and you get ignored ??

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.