Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New poster here!

Jess liked Fleurdeforce’s apology post about her trip to Dubai! There’s no way of knowing if she liked before Fleur changed her caption to said apology but it’s made me think... do you think the reason behind Jessie’s non-posting has a thing to do with travelling? Obviously she’s known for staying offline for weeks but she’s also known for travelling at the beginning of a global pandemic so 🤷🏼‍♀️ That would explain the posting of old pictures and the no new videos for the past month — she’ll probably wait for her tan to lighten a bit before filming!
She definitely liked Fleur’s post before the apology, when I was looking at Fleur’s post when it was all just starting to kick off, Jess’ Instagram name was the one that showed as having liked it (as in ‘sunbeamsjess and X others liked this post’).

That’s not to say she hasn’t been breaking the rules, as we know she did at the start, but she definitely didn’t like Fleur’s post post-apology.

Reactions: 5
I doubt Jess has been abroad as she got a lot of (deserved) flack at the start of lockdown 1 for travelling, plus her mother is sick and she herself is vulnerable as she’s pregnant - she probably is at the farm though

Reactions: 7
I know it's completely not the case but I get 'scarcity marketing' vibes from Jess. I LOVE her book content but it's so scarce it makes me super impatient and super excited for it haha. I know that's not her reasoning but it works for me

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She is so excruciatingly slow with her book review videos

Don't get me wrong – I enjoy them when she does choose to publish them 1.5 months later, but JFC what else does she have to do ???

Reactions: 2
What I’ve never understood with many YouTubers is why they set certain goals that they never meet. X amount of videos, book reviews, you name it.

Why not just casually upload an unscheduled review when you feel like it, without making all sorts of promises. Just; hey guys, I read this book and here’s what I thought of it.

Imagine how slow it’ll be when the baby is here
I keep thinking she’ll want maternity, so surely it makes sense to film a few videos now so you can just get Zak to post them for her later on, all the other booktubers get their monthly books up at the start of jan!!!

The fact that she takes so long with her book reviews kills me because her reviews are so basic so it's like why does it take so long to give a review. I get that she reads a lot but if that is causing the issues with getting reviews out then like IDK don't read that much lol. I do enjoy her book videos but not her review videos only because I like to see what she's reading but I don't care for her reviews, I always skip around on those.

Reactions: 10
I've really enjoyed her book reviews..... when she's put them out. I do think she could cut down on how many books she reviews if she's struggling to make the videos? Like, why not just review the best 2 and the worst 2? Even if she just did really short reviews, said one or two things about why a book was mediocre, and focused on the ones she really liked/disliked, surely that would make it easier snd quicker for her to make the videos?? I'm sure vloggers make their lives harder for themselves by wanting everything to be ~perfect~

Reactions: 3
I've really enjoyed her book reviews..... when she's put them out. I do think she could cut down on how many books she reviews if she's struggling to make the videos? Like, why not just review the best 2 and the worst 2? Even if she just did really short reviews, said one or two things about why a book was mediocre, and focused on the ones she really liked/disliked, surely that would make it easier snd quicker for her to make the videos?? I'm sure vloggers make their lives harder for themselves by wanting everything to be ~perfect~
I genuinely don't believe it's the number of reviews that's the issue, I think she's just ultimately lazy and doesn't think she needs to upload to stay relevant.

Reactions: 11
This is laughable. Social media is Jess' only job, and she can't even do that properly. She has NO excuses.
It's the easiest job in the world. It's not back breaking, and it can be well paid.

Zac helps her out. He edits her videos and helps her take pictures.
She's not studying.
She has no other jobs.
No worry of bills to be paid for, as her mum bank rolls her.
She's just lazy, and her mum enables her laziness.
Sometimes when you're born into wealth you have no direction or purpose.
Money (that you haven't worked for) will always be available to you.

Reactions: 19
This is so depressing. What does she do all day?! I know she'll have every resource at her disposal after the baby but she's in for such a wake up call. I worry PND will hit her like a bus.

Reactions: 12
I think Jess really should think about the fact that there's large periods of time where 100% of her content is sponsored. It's so disingenuous and just so blatantly obvious it's a money-making pursuit. Like at least make it look like you're having fun too?

I think Jess really should think about the fact that there's large periods of time where 100% of her content is sponsored. It's so disingenuous and just so blatantly obvious it's a money-making pursuit. Like at least make it look like you're having fun too?
Large periods of time? No I think it's just been one. The entire past 3 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I genuinely don't think she's done any completely non-sponsored (not including #gifted items or anything) in years, besides maybe some of her book videos. Almost all the vlogs that she acts like she spontaneously wanted to take us "loves" along on for a day in her life have at least a sponsored section where she was clearly contractually obligated to talk about some "lifestyle" product like that language learning app she inserted into a couple vlogs a few months ago. All her instagram posts have at least one gifted clothing or accessory item that she's probably supposed to be posting about, not just mentioning that she received it for free years ago. On one hand she's at least a bit more discerning in her sponsorships, she's not hawking toothpaste or anything that doesn't fit with her "upscale bougie lifestyle" image, but on the other hand she's clearly only interested in this when she has to do it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.