Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she wouldn’t have been pregnant at the time. She’s due this March, that means last March will be a full year from the day she’s due. The earliest time she could’ve found out about her pregnancy is July.
They came back in may didnt they? Because they spent a while at her dads? She 100% came home because of mums diagnosis

Reactions: 4
I'd forgotten that her due date was so early in the year. Sadly, it's highly unlikely we'll be getting many videos at all in 2021.

My guess would be in the single digits.

Her work ethic is truly something. I can’t imagine what she spends most of her time doing (before the pregnancy as I imagine this would take quite a toll on anyone). If she’d been bothered to create content before consistently she’d be in a much better position now rather than doing random UCAS ads when she applied to uni years ago.

Reactions: 15
Is anyone else selfishly sad that she won’t be posting or reading as much as normal probably for a long long time? So happy she is having a baby don’t get me wrong, but her book videos make me so happy and she is one of the only people who reads books I like (especially now with this wave of YA fantasy all over social media).

Any recc’s for anyone who makes similar videos with similar types of book are appreciated!

Reactions: 8
So nice of her to treat us to all her walk pictures before the sponsored content!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is anyone else selfishly sad that she won’t be posting or reading as much as normal probably for a long long time? So happy she is having a baby don’t get me wrong, but her book videos make me so happy and she is one of the only people who reads books I like (especially now with this wave of YA fantasy all over social media).

Any recc’s for anyone who makes similar videos with similar types of book are appreciated!
Yeah I'm pretty sad. But I've been watching a lot of her old content recently and she hardly posts anything at all now comparatively. Not really sure how she can post any less because surely she won't have an income?

Yeah I'm pretty sad. But I've been watching a lot of her old content recently and she hardly posts anything at all now comparatively. Not really sure how she can post any less because surely she won't have an income?
Me too her old content is really chatty and friendly and it actually made me uncomfortable watching her newer videos, you can tell before she really wanted to film but now it's like she's being held hostage more with every video. Not sure if maybe she is struggling to put on an act for videos these days if she's tired or if she genuinely is only doing it now because she has to.

Reactions: 7
I'm sure her family could have given her assets that ensure she's wealthy for the rest of her life, so she doesn't have to worry about income, but I feel bad for how directionless she seems. Maybe having the baby really will turn her life around and give her purpose, but I still worry that she'll end up feeling unfulfilled in a few years when her child is at school and continues to get more independent, and she still has no purpose outside of the roles she plays to her family. I know this is a totally different background to Jess's, but just as a comparison, as someone who was raised in a more "traditional" church, I know plenty of women (including my own mother) who were SAHMs at least for a while. Even the ones who never really had a typical career had SOMETHING else they were involved in, whether it was a youth program through the church, a ministry to go visit elderly church members who could no longer attend services weekly, etc. I don't think Jess has anything like that in her life beside YT, and it's clear she's not that passionate about her content creation anymore the way that she NEVER posts anything that isn't sponsored. If by some chance she IS still passionate about her fashion content, she's being held back by depression and/or anxiety that having a baby won't resolve, and she probably needs professional help to address.

Reactions: 8
Personally I feel like youtube was something Jess started when she was pretty young, it was great for a long time but she's just grown out of it and should have walked away or kept it as a side gig but the money and amount of work and time it (doesn't) take especially compared to graduate jobs means she wasn't/isn't willing to walk away rather than depression and/or anxiety. Her content has been declining for a few years, I feel that everyone would have supported that if it was this year with her mum especially but even when she went full time it just seemed to flop. Her and Zak will be lovely parents in my opinion but if I was her mum I'd be concerned at how work shy the pair of them are plus while they're wealthy if they want to keep up with their current lifestyle and provide the same for their child(dren) they will still need to work.

Reactions: 23
I'm torn on whether I think she's not interested in it at all anymore and can't say no to the money, or if she's genuinely excited about some ideas she has but then gets so anxious about making "perfect" content that she struggles to actually execute on anything.

• Heart
I don't believe her either. Around the 5 minute mark she sounds a bit suspicious with her eyes darting about around the place and arms crossed.

Maybe that's why she's liking all of Fleur de Force's posts lol
This. I wanted to check out her book recommendations but didn’t even get to that point because her blatant lying (so obvious from her body language), was so off putting. Regardless of what tier we were in, this was no “essential travel”. She has a perfectly nice home in London where she could have spent Xmas. The rest of us managed it 🙄

Reactions: 9
I'm torn on whether I think she's not interested in it at all anymore and can't say no to the money, or if she's genuinely excited about some ideas she has but then gets so anxious about making "perfect" content that she struggles to actually execute on anything.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I think she’s a perfectionist and whatever good video ideas she has are overpowered by feeling like it needs to be “perfect”, so she just procrastinates FOREVER and then doesn’t do the thing

Reactions: 3
She's talked SO MANY TIMES about being excited to create fashion content and then she's hardly done any of the videos she sounded genuinely eager about, nor does she post outfits on Insta that regularly. I don't know if it's depression/anxiety related perfectionism or just that influencers tend to get stuck inside their own heads when they don't answer to anyone except their sponsors for certain posts, but I don't believe she was feigning all of her desire to make fashion content.

Reactions: 2
I honestly think you guys are looking too much into it. She's just a lazy millionaire (by her own admission) who can get away with working three hours per week and still earn a fortune.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think she's at the level of wealth where she could just decide to never work again if she wanted to, so it's interesting to speculate on why she keeps coming back to do the bare minimum when she could comfortably quit entirely. Validation from "her loves" maybe?

Reactions: 6
I listened to a podcast with her (to my knowledge the only podcast she's been on if you search on Spotify "As You Are") where she talked about how she hated disappointing people, I wonder if that plays some part especially now that she has shared about her pregnancy and had such an overwhelming response of support. She also talked about how as she's got older she's become shyer and wants to move away from YouTube at some point, as she prefers writing and photography

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.