Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to defend her but London was in tier 3 for all but a week before it them became tier 4, I don’t get why she’d be away from her appointments etc? But I assume they’ll be travelling and claim it’s essential but you’d hope they’ve thought of all of this already
We were in lockdown until early Dec, and then back into tiered system with London going into tier 3 in mid-Dec and then basically immediately into tier 4. It’s hardly the time to be travelling? I also don’t believe they left in the 2 weeks between the Nov lockdown and tier 3. They have a perfectly beautiful and massive home in London they could have stayed in - god forbid they should have to spend Christmas there 😂

Reactions: 2
I don't believe her either. Around the 5 minute mark she sounds a bit suspicious with her eyes darting about around the place and arms crossed.

Maybe that's why she's liking all of Fleur de Force's posts lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We were in lockdown until early Dec, and then back into tiered system with London going into tier 3 in mid-Dec and then basically immediately into tier 4. It’s hardly the time to be travelling? I also don’t believe they left in the 2 weeks between the Nov lockdown and tier 3. They have a perfectly beautiful and massive home in London they could have stayed in - god forbid they should have to spend Christmas there 😂
Yeah this is it for me, the fact they have a beautiful house that they could have stayed at for Christmas. So even if they did go before tier 4 happened it's still really unnecessary to be travelling and risking it.

I can't see any comments calling her out yet, wonder if anyone will. It's put me off watching the video tbh.

Reactions: 4
To be honest I don't really see the issue there. They traveled by car and probably haven't been around anyone else since her mom is sick. I would get it if other people were living at the farm or if family visited them there, but it's supposedly just them.

Reactions: 23
What do her necklaces say? I can make out one and it says Jess, but I swear the second one is also a word/a name?!

What do her necklaces say? I can make out one and it says Jess, but I swear the second one is also a word/a name?!
think I’m looking into things too much - was expecting a baby name leak. But I think it’s now a necklace that looks like a tree branch 😂

To be honest I don't really see the issue there. They traveled by car and probably haven't been around anyone else since her mom is sick. I would get it if other people were living at the farm or if family visited them there, but it's supposedly just them.
The problem when it comes to adherence to broad public health directives is that everyone thinks they can be the exception— e.g., yes others should stay home but we are only travelling by car and have all our essentials, etc. Before you know it, hundreds of families are claiming the same thing... that their situation allows it but hopefully everyone else obeys the rule. Once you say ‘well okay if you promise it’s straight there and no stops!’ then everyone is doing it and invariably many are making quick stops and whatnot.

In reality, it’s rarely the case that all those who say they ‘saw no one and went straight there’ actually did so. As such, unfortunately in these situations the rule is just that the law applies to everyone even if you think you’ll be fine.

And even looking at their situation, they have one pregnant woman and one with a serious illness. If anything were to go slightly amiss of course they’d seek medical attention ASAP which means immediate spread to local health facilities, brought from London.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
They can just as well be super spreaders taking the virus along while grocery shopping during their extended stay.

I feel like she was hoping to get back to London before having to create any new content. Her explaining her lack of presence on social media was to combat 'oh you're guilty of breaking the rules because you've been refraining from posting' and her explaining the backlog of London content was the same, even though it was probably her intention to lead her following to believe she's still there.

I just felt like they were really odd caveats to mention in a video.

Reactions: 5
If Jess, who is pregnant, and her mum, who is recovering from cancer, decided to travel to the farm and justify it shows how healthy people would say duck all healthy measures, let's party.

I'm sure they're taking precautions - probably ordering groceries delivered rather than going into stores themselves, etc. - but it's just frustrating to see so many people trying so hard to bend the rules. I don't think Jess's family is doing anything immensely risky, but the problem occurs when "what can I get away with?" is just the general mindset. Most of my friends here in California don't have a whole second property to go to, but many have been "safely" traveling all over the place ever since March, going on "camping trips" where they still go into other cities, flying to other states to visit family, etc. If people would just ALL STOP LEAVING THEIR HOMES for like...a month...this would be much easier to get under control. Part of the problem lies with the governments that are failing to really strictly limit things, but to some extent I don't think they reasonably can enforce strict enough regulations. At some point people need to have an attitude that shifts from "What's just barely justifiably still legal?" to "How can I help stop the spread and make sure I'm not doing something unnecessarily that has the potential to contribute to the problem?"

Reactions: 14
I'm sure they're taking precautions - probably ordering groceries delivered rather than going into stores themselves, etc. - but it's just frustrating to see so many people trying so hard to bend the rules. I don't think Jess's family is doing anything immensely risky, but the problem occurs when "what can I get away with?" is just the general mindset. Most of my friends here in California don't have a whole second property to go to, but many have been "safely" traveling all over the place ever since March, going on "camping trips" where they still go into other cities, flying to other states to visit family, etc. If people would just ALL STOP LEAVING THEIR HOMES for like...a month...this would be much easier to get under control. Part of the problem lies with the governments that are failing to really strictly limit things, but to some extent I don't think they reasonably can enforce strict enough regulations. At some point people need to have an attitude that shifts from "What's just barely justifiably still legal?" to "How can I help stop the spread and make sure I'm not doing something unnecessarily that has the potential to contribute to the problem?"
Exactly. I have less of a problem with Jess going to her family's farm than I do for people like Unjaded Jade who has gone to Berlin, Switzerland, and Seoul since September, although we can still agree that what Jess did isn't wrong. It also feels like an immense amount of privilege when some of us have been stuck in tiny flats all year and they're swapping their huge house for a farm in the countryside.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. I have less of a problem with Jess going to her family's farm than I do for people like Unjaded Jade who has gone to Berlin, Switzerland, and Seoul since September, although we can still agree that what Jess did isn't wrong. It also feels like an immense amount of privilege when some of us have been stuck in tiny flats all year and they're swapping their huge house for a farm in the countryside.
Although part of the reason why Oxfordshire went into tier 4 on Boxing Day was because the government knew a lot of people were flocking to that region, the big problem with people moving to a new location is it then puts a bigger strain on the local area, not to mention at the time she could have potentially taken the “new” mutant strain to Oxfordshire rather than just keeping it in London

Reactions: 3
I just realised reading this - I meant to say that we can still agree that what Jess did IS wrong. Didn't mean to condone her actions there, her and her family still shouldn't have done it.

Reactions: 1
I just realised reading this - I meant to say that we can still agree that what Jess did IS wrong. Didn't mean to condone her actions there, her and her family still shouldn't have done it.
I said previously that I thought she was at the farm for sure, which I’m not shocked that she was BUT why go out of London when pregnant & her mum is having treatment?! Honestly is so stupid!

Reactions: 5
Also let’s not forget this is the same person who left for a pointless paid trip to the US in mid-March when most of the world was going into lockdown and events were being cancelled left and right. And then disappeared off social media for like 2 months only to resurface with a non-apology justifying her completely irresponsible choices. So we should probably expect no less of her. I’ve loved her content for years and have been following her since the early days but between the total lack of work ethic, disappearing acts and the insane privilege I’ve really gone off her.

Reactions: 25
Also let’s not forget this is the same person who left for a pointless paid trip to the US in mid-March when most of the world was going into lockdown and events were being cancelled left and right. And then disappeared off social media for like 2 months only to resurface with a non-apology justifying her completely irresponsible choices. So we should probably expect no less of her. I’ve loved her content for years and have been following her since the early days but between the total lack of work ethic, disappearing acts and the insane privilege I’ve really gone off her.
Sounds awful but I’d actually forgotten... 2020 is the longest yet most forgettable year of life 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
There’s something about Jess that I really love - she’s tit at posting and declaring ADs yet she’s probably one of the few influencers that actually manages to influence me? Which grates me as shes so bloody irresponsible as you say!

Reactions: 7
Of all the people I know who have broken lockdown rules, most of them are privalaged/rich and it drives me mad. It's not the fact they have lots of money but the attitude that goes with it that the rules don't apply to them.

Clearly staying in their huge fancy London house for Christmas would have just been too much of a hardship for them

Reactions: 19
AND she probably only came back from US in March because they found out she was pregnant and probably of higher risk!! She stayed there a while with her father didn't she?

She probably also came back because of her mums diagnosis around that time.

Im just as annoyed at influencers breaking lockdown given at times I feel like an idiot and as if I’m the only person actually sticking to the rules, but I do have to say that if I was in the position that my mum was fighting cancer and wanted to go to the country house for Christmas then I would do everything I could to make that happen if I thought it would give her a boost.

Appreciate that won’t be a popular opinion and is very speculative and specific as to a reason for why they might have gone to the farm.

Reactions: 11
AND she probably only came back from US in March because they found out she was pregnant and probably of higher risk!! She stayed there a while with her father didn't she?
she wouldn’t have been pregnant at the time. She’s due this March, that means last March will be a full year from the day she’s due. The earliest time she could’ve found out about her pregnancy is July.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.