Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well oxfordshire (is that where the farm is maybe i'm way off lol someone help) - but if it is oxfordshire, is still Tier 2 and you are not allowed to travel from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 unless legally permitted

Reactions: 2
They seemed to very vigilant about the rules during the summer because of her mum’s chemo and now she’s getting towards the end of her pregnancy I would expect she’s gonna be more careful, I reckon they’ll stay in London (I could be wrong)

well oxfordshire (is that where the farm is maybe i'm way off lol someone help) - but if it is oxfordshire, is still Tier 2 and you are not allowed to travel from a Tier 4 to a Tier 2 unless legally permitted
Ahh yes my bad!

They seemed to very vigilant about the rules during the summer because of her mum’s chemo and now she’s getting towards the end of her pregnancy I would expect she’s gonna be more careful, I reckon they’ll stay in London (I could be wrong)
Yeah I agree that they will be vigilant but will see when she vlogs, if she carries on anyway.

It's hard isn't it and I can imagine the dilemma.

Stay in London and follow restrictions but all in the knowledge that you're in an area where infection rate is currently high and with a modified strain that is potentially more infectious -- this might make the temptation to leave for place where there is lots of open space more appealing. Maybe they'll think because they'll just get in the cars and not stop anywhere that it'll be safe to dash to the farm till the New Year but doing so does raise the risk of spreading it to less infected areas or picking it up when they inevitably need to do a food shop.

Reactions: 4
If they think it's safe for her mom, there's no doubt they will bend the rules and do as they please.

This is the same girl who went on a sponsored trip to the US at the beginning of the pandemic and who, instead of apologising for her stupid mistake that might've put other people's lives at risk, made a video full of excuses. Some people seem to have forgotten this happened. She doesn't care about public safety, she only cares about her family's wellbeing.

Reactions: 19
If they think it's safe for her mom, there's no doubt they will bend the rules and do as they please.

This is the same girl who went on a sponsored trip to the US at the beginning of the pandemic and who, instead of apologising for her stupid mistake that might've put other people's lives at risk, made a video full of excuses. Some people seem to have forgotten this happened. She doesn't care about public safety, she only cares about her family's wellbeing.
Yeah I could definitely see them thinking ok well we should get out while we can like a lot of rich folk have done and go travel to their second home risking the community around them, not caring because it gets them out of the area where the rate is higher. Rich people are going to rich people and think the rules again only apply to us poor folks so they'll do whatever they want and again they won't think about the consequences it has on other places. Like I know people who have been very safe but they made one misstep and guess what they ended up in ICU and it's never good, so honestly I wouldn't put it past her to be selfish she's shown how selfish she can get in the past.

Reactions: 1
I think it's unfair to say Jess won't follow the rules when we have absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't, and in fact have reason to believe she would due to how careful she's been. And her carefulness earlier in the year didn't seem performative at all so I really do believe her family are rule-followers.

Being rich is not synonymous with being selfish.

Reactions: 8
As wealthy as her family are, Indie’s private had presumably broken up before the state schools (they usually do) so if they are at the farm they may have gone before the latest announcement

Reactions: 3
When is Jess due? If she's near her due date, I would think she would stay local to London in case anything happens as thats where her midwife and point of contact will be?

When is Jess due? If she's near her due date, I would think she would stay local to London in case anything happens as thats where her midwife and point of contact will be?
I don’t think she’s due till March? Could be wrong though!

isn’t due until March..I think she’s like 27 weeks or so

If they are all one household and just driving straight there to be in the farm and not mixing with anyone then would that not be allowed?

I'm sure they will be being careful as her mum has been shielding because of chemo - I would hope they will be anyway!
The rule is still not to travel unnecessarily, simply to avoid people applying their own reasoning and justifications.

They have a nice big house and they are already all together for Christmas. If there’s one family that doesn’t need to travel, it’s this family.

The rule is still not to travel unnecessarily, simply to avoid people applying their own reasoning and justifications.

They have a nice big house and they are already all together for Christmas. If there’s one family that doesn’t need to travel, it’s this family.
I know, already corrected myself since, got mixed up with the tiers where she lives.

I guess we don't even know if they are going. She needs to share some more content, she's gotten that boring that all that is happening now is speculation about a c section and whether she will go to the farm. 😂

And actually tbf with the lack of content, she could have easily gone to the farm a while ago, before Saturday when the gov announced the existence of tier 4.

I’m seriously confused at her comment about having ‘structured time off’.

Her day-to-day life is what my time off looks like (reading, going for walks, taking photos etc). Do you think she looks at us all with utter bemusement that we have jobs that keep us busy the majority of the time so that her ‘work’ is our relaxation?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m seriously confused at her comment about having ‘structured time off’.

Her day-to-day life is what my time off looks like (reading, going for walks, taking photos etc). Do you think she looks at us all with utter bemusement that we have jobs that keep us busy the majority of the time so that her ‘work’ is our relaxation?!
it seemed to me like she was poking fun at herself, as if she’s aware she already takes a lot of time off??

^ In that case, it's even worse.

A lazy millionaire telling self-deprecating jokes about her sloth-like existence. Ha ha.

I think it's unfair to say Jess won't follow the rules when we have absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't, and in fact have reason to believe she would due to how careful she's been. And her carefulness earlier in the year didn't seem performative at all so I really do believe her family are rule-followers.

Being rich is not synonymous with being selfish.
She's been careful as it relates to her mom's health after her cancer diagnosis. Prior to that, as another poster said, she was in the US well after it was known that there was a problem, and she was justifying it with "We're using lots of hand santizer and not really seeing anyone who would be high risk." That sounds like the exact same logic you'd use to justify "We're just going to drive straight to the farm and have all the groceries delivered, so there's no risk to anyone, especially mom or me." But I do think it's less likely that she'd break actual rules that are in place now. In the beginning, there weren't really rules, only recommendations, and one of her excuses was that there should have been rules because how could people be expected to do the right thing if the government didn't give them rules.

Reactions: 7
I mean this, to me, looks like confirmation that she is indeed at the farm...

B20F7183-BF22-4759-B005-89B80D9ECE70.png

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.