Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also she seems to have stopped using retinol unless I've missed it in recent videos, haven't watched them all. She switched up her skincare around july when the goodreads book was spotted. So maybe to ensure her skincare was all pregnancy safe. Also comments about her skin not being great for "various reasons" same with the tiredness being for "various reasons".
I feel like there definitely are clues if you look for them but I wouldn't have thought anything if it wasn't for the pregnancy book.
Oh yeah and Zak speeding over the bump when he was driving and she seemed pretty concerned but I guess that isn't too weird.

Reactions: 3
I don't mean to speculate and I know she hasn't been posting as frequently as previous years, but she also hasn't shown herself drinking in any of her vlogs/photos that I've noticed. I remember last year she would often capture having a glass of wine by the fire etc. Am I overthinking this? Probably 😂
She doesn't even drink her beloved Coke anymore, she sips on her water bottle instead (which if I remember correctly was nearly impossible for her to do before)

Reactions: 1
She doesn't even drink her beloved Coke anymore, she sips on her water bottle instead (which if I remember correctly was nearly impossible for her to do before)
I remember her trying to drink less coke and drink more water last year already.

Who ever went to her latest vid an congratulated her on possibly being pregnant - Thats so fucked up.

Reactions: 16
Who ever went to her latest vid an congratulated her on possibly being pregnant - Thats so fucked up.
I’m not sure it would have been anyone from here. I might be wrong though. But the conversation about the possibly pregnancy on here hasn’t been like that.

For what it’s worth, I can’t decide if I think she is or isn’t. I go back and forth with being convinced she is then convinced she isn’t!

Reactions: 7
I was very unconvinced but her last two vlogs made me feel she is. I’m happy for them if it’s the case. Hopefully they’ll make some progress on their house soon. But I can also see them staying at her mum’s for a while given the current situation.

After watching her latest vlog I've come to the conclusion that it's the time for me to unsubscribe from her channel. I have no idea what is it exactly that's making her unhappy and has left her in this state (her mum's illness, her 'pregnancy', covid, being lost in life...) and I really really hope she recovers and regains her happiness / life purpose, but right now her videos are no longer making the cut for me. She barely does ads on her videos so I guess she films them with the aim to entertain, and they just really aren't entertaining at all... It's all about her saying she's forgotten to film and capturing tiny moments that have no substance. I'm sorry but I really don't want to watch someone telling me how they need to pee but don't want to walk 10 minutes to be able to pee. Like... what?
Again, I understand that she's on a big low moment, so maybe the smartest thing for her would be to stop filming. Idk what's making her spend so much time on the car lately (as she mentioned) but if it's something she can't/won't show then... don't film it at all? Same with her supposed pregnancy, fair to her if she doesn't want to share it with her subscribers but if a vlogger chooses not to show any part of her life, then why bother at all? Considering every aspect of her life is now private, maybe making 'sit down videos' would be a better choice for her right now.
Well, I guess that's it for me. If she ever 'returns' and goes back to being a bit more open/starts producing more interesting content I'll be back in a heartbeat, but it's goodbye for now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
She barely does ads on her videos so I guess she films them with the aim to entertain, and they just really aren't entertaining at all... It's all about her saying she's forgotten to film and capturing tiny moments that have no substance. I'm sorry but I really don't want to watch someone telling me how they need to pee but don't want to walk 10 minutes to be able to pee. Like... what?
Again, I understand that she's on a big low moment, so maybe the smartest thing for her would be to stop filming. Idk what's making her spend so much time on the car lately (as she mentioned) but if it's something she can't/won't show then... don't film it at all? Same with her supposed pregnancy, fair to her if she doesn't want to share it with her subscribers but if a vlogger chooses not to show any part of her life, then why bother at all? Considering every aspect of her life is now private, maybe making 'sit down videos' would be a better choice for her right now.
Well, I guess that's it for me. If she ever 'returns' and goes back to being a bit more open/starts producing more interesting content I'll be back in a heartbeat, but it's goodbye for now.
This!!! It's completely fair enough if you don't want to share your private life at home, your boyfriend, your pregnancy, etc. But then don't be a bleeping vlogger? I wouldn't want to share these things with the world either but that's why I chose to pursue a different career! That's why I'm not an influencer! Her videos have been devoid of any substance for years now. Her youtube channel is just a collection of clips of her sitting on her bed talking about how tired she is / how she just had a nap or is about to have a nap, then clips of her in the car talking about how she's going somewhere / waiting for someone, then clips of her sitting in her room talking about books. And that's it. She never shows us what she's done, she only tells us about it before or after (but then she barely does tit anyway so there's not even that much to say!). She never shows anyone (her friends, bf, family) which again is fair to them but doesn't make for a good vlogger. She needs to just call it quits. It's so frustrating. I started watching her YEARS ago, back when she was dating James, before she even went to uni. She was so much more interesting/fun than she is now. She did a lot of tag / Q&A / sit-down videos. Over the years she's closed off so much, sharing less and less of herself with her audience. If that's how she's going to be then she needs to start thinking about a different occupation.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
i think so many things changed in her life, from leaving uni & the whole covid situation to her mom getting ill and a possibly unwanted pregnancy, maybe she wants to hold onto something from before (vlogging) and prove to herself that she can at least keep something

I actually got fed up with Jess about three years ago but have come back around to her this year. I know this isn't a rave about thread and this is absolutely a gossip site so I don't want to undermine how anyone feels, but I do genuinely think this period is just a blip for her because of things that @bolimepipi mentioned (her mum, COVID, possible pregnancy)

She’d be better off doing a reading vlog, like the rest of the book tube community! It would mean she can still vlog but it’s less personal if that’s the problem

Reactions: 6
I actually got fed up with Jess about three years ago but have come back around to her this year. I know this isn't a rave about thread and this is absolutely a gossip site so I don't want to undermine how anyone feels, but I do genuinely think this period is just a blip for her because of things that @bolimepipi mentioned (her mum, COVID, possible pregnancy)
I dunno. I think those things are perfectly good reasons for her content to have slipped, I don't think I could keep up being interesting on camera with all that going on either. But her content started going downhill when she left Edinburgh imo, so don't think it's just down to that.

I do still have a soft spot for her as I loved her videos when she was at uni, but find myself ignoring her uploads or if I do watch them skip through alot.

This!!! It's completely fair enough if you don't want to share your private life at home, your boyfriend, your pregnancy, etc. But then don't be a bleeping vlogger? I wouldn't want to share these things with the world either but that's why I chose to pursue a different career! That's why I'm not an influencer! Her videos have been devoid of any substance for years now. Her youtube channel is just a collection of clips of her sitting on her bed talking about how tired she is / how she just had a nap or is about to have a nap, then clips of her in the car talking about how she's going somewhere / waiting for someone, then clips of her sitting in her room talking about books. And that's it. She never shows us what she's done, she only tells us about it before or after (but then she barely does tit anyway so there's not even that much to say!). She never shows anyone (her friends, bf, family) which again is fair to them but doesn't make for a good vlogger. She needs to just call it quits. It's so frustrating. I started watching her YEARS ago, back when she was dating James, before she even went to uni. She was so much more interesting/fun than she is now. She did a lot of tag / Q&A / sit-down videos. Over the years she's closed off so much, sharing less and less of herself with her audience. If that's how she's going to be then she needs to start thinking about a different occupation.
100% agree with all this.

Reactions: 2
I do wonder what she's doing instead of filming her October books video that never ever comes out on time even though every other booktoober has theirs out very promptly at the end of the month because they recognise that's their job

i also have a soft spot for her :') but i do wish she would do sort of an update q&a to tell the viewers about what's been going on and address some things. she's lost touch with her audience

Reactions: 5
I honestly still really love her, her vlogs have always been "cozy" to me, but I agree it is sad to see her so low and sensing that she doesn't want to share anything with the audience. I'm sure that if she could she would only film book related videos, but most of her sponsors must want her to mention them in videos too, like Bare Minerals.

Reactions: 4
I know I've said this before on this thread but I was furloughed in April and then made redundant in September so I haven't worked much of this year at all and I've been so so bored. I can't believe he's not tempted to go back to being a chef, as he'd get out the house for a bit as most restaurants are doing takeaway. Maybe the household don't want him to though if they're shielding more than usual because of Jess' mum

Reactions: 4
I hate when influencers say "This part of the video is sponsored by x". Um, no, that's not how it works. It's so misleading to her audience.

I wonder what Zak would do if he and Jess broke up. How would he explain the gap in his resume to his employers?
"My ex girlfriend forced convinced me to edit her videos for her while she reads books all day long and take cringy shots of her doing mundane things around London".

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.