Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I used to watch Jess years ago but haven’t really watched her at all for the past two years but I recently went back and have been watching her old vlogtobers from 2015/2016 and they are so cozy and interesting I love them. Does anyone watch any youtubers that make similar content to that now??

Reactions: 1
I've been rewatching her old vlogtobers and I feel like she was very motivated as a student, she would influence so many people with her days in the library and the outfits she'd wear to class and such. All the comments on those videos are about how cosy and motivating and inspiring her videos are. Then she moved back to London and I feel like her content was a lot less inspired, because she was a lot less inspired herself? I feel like she isn't sure what her content should be without it being super influential and motivating. Probably being a big perfectionist about the content, thus not posting much over the last few years.

I think she worries about needing to be productive for her followers. She started feeling uninspired, probably because people were less inspired by her content. It explains why right now her most passionate videos are her book videos, because it's kind of the most "educational" content she can think of right now.

Also there was a huge switch when she was done with uni. Seeing her be a "regular" student with study vlogs, notebook hauls, how to style dr martens on campus etc was very relatable. As a viewer you'd think that if you only had the same Unif sweater you'd be as productive as her in the library lol. And then living in London in a gorgeous home, not really doing anything, her fashion and make up content all became ads. Even though she always bought expensive designer items it seemed like it was a lot more frequent and a lot less relatable for 95% of the viewers.

Which is such a shame. I always really enjoy her videos but I feel she doesn't really enjoy them herself, because she knows her daily life is less productive and that's what her viewers always seemed to like. It must be difficult creating new content when you know your fans are very critical and want you to be the same person from years ago.

Obviously I get that now with her mom being sick everything is different. This is more of a general observation over the last few years. I hope she's doing well and feels less tired/more inspired soon.

Reactions: 11
^^^^^ totally agree with this.

i live in a whole different country but was at uni the same time and she literally inspired my whole life. i used to try so hard to dress like her and i even bought heaps of the pieces she wore (urban outfitters stuff, unif, dr martens etc) i even did the astrid and miyu midi rings and got similar piercings because i loved her look and life. she was the epitome of cool lol.

now she's just way out of my reach. i work full time really hard and she says she's busy whilst doing nothing all day but is buying thousands of pounds worth of stuff monthly. miles away from the uni girl i used to aspire to be (ofc now i also realise the amount of wealth and privilege behind that relatability).

also died at the unif jumper comment. i do remember someone (on GG? maybe?) who came in and said they knew her at uni and she apparently messed around in the library all day and it was mostly staged lol.

Reactions: 9
Agree with all of the above too.

That student to real life transition is hard as you're out in the "real world," and i reckon it would be all the more difficult if you don't come into a job that takes up most of your time. I worked in retail full time for a year and a half after graduating, and though I hated it I was motivated to get into the career I had aspired for. I somehow found time to apply for things despite being knackered.

I'm not saying Blogging/being an "influencer" isn't time consuming per se, but for someone academic like Jess I think she found it hard having so much time to do it, and without the structure of essay writing and deadlines etc. It's that thing isn't it - give a busy person something to do and they'll get it done efficiently. Give someone with all the time in the world to do something and they'll get it done someday... maybe. Now she's only really motivated by deadlines given to her by brands.

Reactions: 6
I agree! Blogging/influencing/youtube surely does take a lot of time and work, but I feel like she was always held to a higher standard by her viewers (and probably by herself) as a youtuber who actually studied, who is productive besides youtube, who does more than just mindless hauls etc. Her life was more than just "lifestyle" and that was what shone through in her videos. And now she doesn't really have that anymore and it shows that she's lost her spark a bit.

It seems like she just hasn't accepted yet that after uni she's just a regular youtuber. I feel like if she was 100% commited to being a full time influencer with regular content, like vlogs, fashion videos, book videos, maybe some videos about studying or traveling, her new house journey, or even a cooking video lol. She would have more structure and more energy, and people would absolutely still love her videos because she herself is giving it her all. But I feel she hasn't really accepted it yet and she's having a hard time transitioning.

As all her student followers have graduated and moved on to working full time it just became difficult to relate. Obviously you don't need to have the exact same life to relate so somebody, I actually work full time in retail now too and I don't need to see Jess work at Zara or anything to enjoy her content lol. But if we could see her working hard/being passionate about being an influencer that would help. If she'd make a lookbook with 10 outfits she likes to wear walking her dog or something I'm sure people would still be very inspired by it!

Reactions: 5
Can someone give me the link to report her videos for non-disclosure of Ads? Getting real sick and tired of her NEVER properly disclosing her ads (nothing in the title, nothing on the thumbnail). It's not a one time mistake, it's ALL THE TIME. Why does she think she's above the law??
Bit of m a late reply, but you can report non disclosure of ads here:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
"Book week"? Isn't every week book week for her? Reading is her full time job.

I was so confused when she said she takes the weekends off to rest. Rest from what, her action-packed week, full-time job, long hours?

Her September books video reminded me of how glad I am to have found some booktubers who actually take the time to process books and have their own thoughts as opposed to reading reviews off Goodreads and censoring your real feelings in order to appear 'woke'.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Honestly could see her working in a little independent bookshop! She'd be great there, she loves to read and would have loads of amazing opinions on the books and recommendations for customers etc.

Reactions: 9
So much for sunbeamsbaby then! 😂
What happened? Is she definitely not pregnant? I missed stuff over the weekend.

Watching her vlog and every time she talks about tiredness and needing a rest I just assume cos pregnant but if she's not then it is pretty worrying how exhausted and unmotivated she is all the time.

Reactions: 3
I don't know, her stomach is definitely looking a bit strange in this shot in her latest vlog. Although it might just be the rubber band on the underwear combined with an unfortunate angle!

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 22.09.28.png

Reactions: 3
Yeah I don't think she's pregnant. By this point she'd be what, at least four or five months along? With her small frame I think she'd be showing. I suspect it was an accident or reading for someone else or something.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.