Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunburnsjess

So she’s finally posted her 2020 books video (a miracle), and lo and behold they are indeed at the farm. She claims they’ve been there since well before Christmas, implying they left before tier 4, but she intentionally kept it vague. I’m not inclined to believe her. Not to mention, London was in tier 3 for ages, and under those restrictions non-essential travel was still banned. So yet another influencer enjoying their immense privilege. And because of lockdown she says they’re staying there for the foreseeable.... doesn’t she have scan appointments in London? Anyway she also basically admits she’s done zero work for the past month. I’m so sick of this woman’s privilege.

Reactions: 27

palmer

Chatty Member
She barely does ads on her videos so I guess she films them with the aim to entertain, and they just really aren't entertaining at all... It's all about her saying she's forgotten to film and capturing tiny moments that have no substance. I'm sorry but I really don't want to watch someone telling me how they need to pee but don't want to walk 10 minutes to be able to pee. Like... what?
Again, I understand that she's on a big low moment, so maybe the smartest thing for her would be to stop filming. Idk what's making her spend so much time on the car lately (as she mentioned) but if it's something she can't/won't show then... don't film it at all? Same with her supposed pregnancy, fair to her if she doesn't want to share it with her subscribers but if a vlogger chooses not to show any part of her life, then why bother at all? Considering every aspect of her life is now private, maybe making 'sit down videos' would be a better choice for her right now.
Well, I guess that's it for me. If she ever 'returns' and goes back to being a bit more open/starts producing more interesting content I'll be back in a heartbeat, but it's goodbye for now.
This!!! It's completely fair enough if you don't want to share your private life at home, your boyfriend, your pregnancy, etc. But then don't be a fucking vlogger? I wouldn't want to share these things with the world either but that's why I chose to pursue a different career! That's why I'm not an influencer! Her videos have been devoid of any substance for years now. Her youtube channel is just a collection of clips of her sitting on her bed talking about how tired she is / how she just had a nap or is about to have a nap, then clips of her in the car talking about how she's going somewhere / waiting for someone, then clips of her sitting in her room talking about books. And that's it. She never shows us what she's done, she only tells us about it before or after (but then she barely does shit anyway so there's not even that much to say!). She never shows anyone (her friends, bf, family) which again is fair to them but doesn't make for a good vlogger. She needs to just call it quits. It's so frustrating. I started watching her YEARS ago, back when she was dating James, before she even went to uni. She was so much more interesting/fun than she is now. She did a lot of tag / Q&A / sit-down videos. Over the years she's closed off so much, sharing less and less of herself with her audience. If that's how she's going to be then she needs to start thinking about a different occupation.

• Heart

bookish

I've noticed over the past few years that most of the most successful UK Youtubers come from privileged backgrounds before they started - and like, I mean, REALLY privileged backgrounds.

They live in rich houses in rich areas from parents who have money - and the same goes for Booktubers in general (look at the most popular booktubers - they're either from money or married into money).

Making money off Youtube and blowing up, in the UK at least, seems to be the right of the rich. They have nice houses to film in, money to afford hauls and the money to be aesthetically pleasing. It's just the upper-middle class system, but online.

• Heart

Marie_10

Her life doesn't stop because she's becoming a mother, she could absolutely pursue a PhD in a few years if she wants to. But maybe she will enjoy being a mother and won't feel the need to do one, and that's fine too.

She seems happy so I'm happy for her and Zak! I also hope that her mom's health gets better and better, I'm sure that she's very happy to become a grandmother.

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
Wtf why is the announcement video 30mins long?? Is it also a normal vlog?
has anyone watched it and want to give a summary?
Go her for keeping it a secret this long, thank god she didn't milk it like many influencers do!
She just explained a bit about her pregnancy thus far and how she found the first trimester hard, gender of baby, their living situation/build update, mum situation etc. It was 17 mins of updates and then a small vlog around Kensington basically. She did show her bump too when discussing maternity clothes.

I found it very refreshing and I disagree with a lot of comments on here about her not being maternal. I think she'll be a great mother as she has all the help she will ever need from her own mum, hired help if needed and she's not thick herself. She's clearly researching and doing what she needs to be doing to prepare.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Mr.Mistoffelees

Chatty Member
I honestly think you guys are looking too much into it. She's just a lazy millionaire (by her own admission) who can get away with working three hours per week and still earn a fortune.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I dunno why so many people are obsessed with Jess doing more and how her life isn’t “fulfilling” enough.
Let’s face it, she earns 10 times more than she would in any job her degree could get her.
she gets to do whatever she wants, a bit of styling, a bit of photography, shoot look books with zak and shop for a living. She bought a huge beautiful house and is doing probably a 2/300k renovation right now and can set her own schedule and spend the whole day reading if she wants to. She also has time to support her mum and drive her to all her appointments during her cancer treatment.

I dunno why you all think she would be more fulfilled doing a low paid 9-5. Sounds like she has the perfect set up for her interests and is lucky that she and Zak will be able to spend a lot of time with the baby in its early years.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Sunburnsjess

Also let’s not forget this is the same person who left for a pointless paid trip to the US in mid-March when most of the world was going into lockdown and events were being cancelled left and right. And then disappeared off social media for like 2 months only to resurface with a non-apology justifying her completely irresponsible choices. So we should probably expect no less of her. I’ve loved her content for years and have been following her since the early days but between the total lack of work ethic, disappearing acts and the insane privilege I’ve really gone off her.

Reactions: 25

hannah123

VIP Member
She does seem very happy to be having baby. I don’t think she has to have a big career but she seems to lack purpose & just seems a bit at sea. She films mostly in her wardrobe or bedroom, does a lot of hauls & her days seem to consistent of getting up, showering & getting back into bed to read & then having a nice dinner mad
by Zak. Great if that’s what she wants but she seems lacklustre. Then there was the recent talk of doing science which to me suggests to feels a bit lost.

She seemed really animated when taking about her baby. I’d hope that in ten years time when her daughter is more independent she’ll be doing something that brings her more happiness than what she’s doing now.
To be quite honest, I don’t think many people her age have a set purpose right now. I’m the same age working in a graduate job with a load of other people my age, and barely any of us know what we want in the next 5 years. As someone doing it, I don’t see how a 9-5 plus busy periods, earning a half decent wage gives someone a purpose more than becoming a mother does? I’d say earning her own money (and a lot of it) is better than grinding away to line the pockets of someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

ChatNoir

After watching her latest vlog I've come to the conclusion that it's the time for me to unsubscribe from her channel. I have no idea what is it exactly that's making her unhappy and has left her in this state (her mum's illness, her 'pregnancy', covid, being lost in life...) and I really really hope she recovers and regains her happiness / life purpose, but right now her videos are no longer making the cut for me. She barely does ads on her videos so I guess she films them with the aim to entertain, and they just really aren't entertaining at all... It's all about her saying she's forgotten to film and capturing tiny moments that have no substance. I'm sorry but I really don't want to watch someone telling me how they need to pee but don't want to walk 10 minutes to be able to pee. Like... what?
Again, I understand that she's on a big low moment, so maybe the smartest thing for her would be to stop filming. Idk what's making her spend so much time on the car lately (as she mentioned) but if it's something she can't/won't show then... don't film it at all? Same with her supposed pregnancy, fair to her if she doesn't want to share it with her subscribers but if a vlogger chooses not to show any part of her life, then why bother at all? Considering every aspect of her life is now private, maybe making 'sit down videos' would be a better choice for her right now.
Well, I guess that's it for me. If she ever 'returns' and goes back to being a bit more open/starts producing more interesting content I'll be back in a heartbeat, but it's goodbye for now.

• Heart
  • Sad

sitkx

VIP Member
My friend is friends with one of Jess’ old uni mates. She isn’t pregnant according to her. It’s quite easy to speculate but it’s just depression, stress and letting herself go a little, which is understandable.
but the uni mate might not even know herself? I’m pregnant currently (halfway through) and no one other than family knows

andreaoid

Zak is a housekeeper, chauffeur, nanny, dogwalker and any other role that needs to be done in Jess' mum's house.

• Haha
The comments about many graduates feeling lost, but getting into grad schemes out of financial necessity, have hit the nail on the head! Although I don't think Jess' passion lies within social media, hence the long periods of disappearances, her job still pays well enough even with the lack of uploads, so she doesn't feel the need to create more content. As for discussions of pursuing science a-levels/degree- again, many people regret their university choices and would love to afford to retrain in a different field, something Jess has the funds to do. Those discussions show that Jess is doing some research into her interests and trying take steps to find herself.
I also think the comments about Zac are too critical- he shies away from Jess' YT and as far as we're aware seems very private, so it's difficult to judge what he'll be like as a father etc. I'm normally very critical of influencers, but I have a massive soft spot for Jess 😂 Frankly, I'm so tired of some influencers' constant insta stories and vlogs which evidently required no effort, just for the sake of spewing out content

Reactions: 23

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wish she’d upload because this thread has reached levels of craycray I can’t get behind 😐

• Heart

Marie_10

To be honest I don't really see the issue there. They traveled by car and probably haven't been around anyone else since her mom is sick. I would get it if other people were living at the farm or if family visited them there, but it's supposedly just them.

Thatonenotthere

Personally I feel like youtube was something Jess started when she was pretty young, it was great for a long time but she's just grown out of it and should have walked away or kept it as a side gig but the money and amount of work and time it (doesn't) take especially compared to graduate jobs means she wasn't/isn't willing to walk away rather than depression and/or anxiety. Her content has been declining for a few years, I feel that everyone would have supported that if it was this year with her mum especially but even when she went full time it just seemed to flop. Her and Zak will be lovely parents in my opinion but if I was her mum I'd be concerned at how work shy the pair of them are plus while they're wealthy if they want to keep up with their current lifestyle and provide the same for their child(dren) they will still need to work.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I can't believe she (and lots of others tbf) has the audacity to post that she's gotten nothing on her to-do list done, so "we're all in the same boat." Why is she assuming that most of her followers haven't gotten anything done? There wasn't even a "Try not to sweat the small stuff" type message, literally just the lowest-effort "we're all in this together" I've seen yet. What exactly is on your to-do list Jess? "Write down massage and facial date incorrectly. Forget vlog camera at home. Give camera to Zac so can't vlog most of day."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22