Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
Yesss so glad there's a Jess thread! :D Did anyone else see that she seemed to have accidentally tagged her location as her home street address on one of her latest Insta makeup vids the other day (filmed in her bedroom)? She swiftly deleted the tag soon after.

Although I'm so curious about it, it must be a little nerve-wracking to make sure your surname never gets out, people could then easily find out who her mum is etc.

S12345

I don’t know- I’d find it pretty embarrassing if people thought I was pregnant and it was just weight gain. If it was me I’d just want to delete comments relating to it and ignore the speculation rather than address it and have to talk about my weight in public.
I don’t know, if it’s not true she could (she doesn’t have to do anything, of course) have said no I’m not and then the people speculating under posts or videos would probably feel quite bad/apologetic and that would be that? Maybe I’ve giving some people too much credit!

jjeett

Chatty Member
Noticed this too! her mannerisms seem really different. Like she puts on a weird voice randomly for a couple of words and does a weird a scrunch up of her face idk how to describe haha. Don't mean this in a nasty way it's just something I've noticed more in her videos that she didn't used to do. She seemed much more natural on camera in her uni days.
Yes!! But I'm totally getting vibes that she's read some comments about how she lacks charisma and that's her way of combatting it and being like 'hey I'm charismatic and appealing and entertaining'

Smca53

VIP Member
The deleting is definitely what makes me think it’s real! Although I can imagine Jess going to like 6/7 months before announcing.
Video title “we’ve been keeping a secret”. That would be very influencer-esque

sweetpeaxx

I don't get the impression her grandparents have much money. I think her mum, step-dad and maybe her dad definitely contributed.

I def did not grow up with as much wealth as Jess but I'm lucky to have grown up fairly privileged and within my family and peers it's common for the parent to buy a house outright for their offspring, and then the offspring pays back the parent as they would a mortgage. This is why I'm quite surprised Jess has a mortgage but then again her house is £1m+.
I don't think her mom makes that much money either, she must make a decent amount of money yes, but Jess' family comes from old money. her great-grandad was a famous architect.

Author123

Chatty Member
It’s weird isn’t it?! All the months seem to merge into one! I feel like if I hadn’t had a baby last year then I’d have nothing to mark time with and to break the monotony of just WFH everyday all day (PSA: this is not a reason to have a baby, although I do hope it helps Jess find some direction)

Smca53

VIP Member
The only thing I can think (although I really, really do hope not) is that maybe there’s some health reason that’s making her hold off on announcing publicly.

I agree with previous poster that she’s not really getting the levels of speculation or engagement that would make me think she was holding back for attention.

But then, I suppose you never know (and given it’s Jess it’s unlikely we will ever know for sure!).

fallouou

It’s sad she’s not living up to her potential, and while I can appreciate she is having a difficult year, so are many other people except they still have to keep up full-time jobs on top of everything they’re going through.
Tbf I went through redundancy when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cance. While I'm glad I was there to care for my dad, in a way it's easier dealing with everything when you have a full time job to keep you busy; my siblings did so it was just me moping around in between appointments and treatments.

I can relate to her feeling down and everything feeling futile. If she's already wealthy, and youtube is her little spending money, in a way it's a surprise she's doing anything at all right now.

Lola123

VIP Member
Just a thoughts, Zak’s parents could just top him up? I don’t believe he’s done pupil premium kid! I’m sure someone mentioned earlier in the thread! It’s likely he just does stuff because he gets paid to? Plus Jess will be being paid a tone for her sponsored work

jjeett

Chatty Member
It was in one of her vlogs, in a section about note taking when she's reading! It's Leuchtturm1917 if you're still looking :)
Yesss thank you! I know she uses those for her bullet journals but for some reason I was convinced it was a different one she used for her note-taking but I was evidently wrong