Sunbeamsjess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to Jess. However, I don't understand why she wants to have a kid with a man who works for her and relies on her financially? And it's just a small amount of work at that. Doesn't seem a good dynamic for a relationship.
Tbh this is the dynamic I find the most interesting.

I grew up in the London suburbs around girls who are now similarly overeducated and underemployed, and they typically move on from dating the 'art school dropout'-types (sorry Zak!) - but I do respect that status doesn't appear to be high on her list of priorities.

Reactions: 7
I don't really know what Zak does all day to be honest if he works for her. She doesn't upload videos regularly at all, and updates her insta sporadically. So what does he do exactly?

Also I'm sure he's a nice guy otherwise her mum would never let him be in the house and fund them both, but yeah I'm curious about the dynamics too.

Reactions: 9
I don't really know what Zak does all day to be honest if he works for her. She doesn't upload videos regularly at all, and updates her insta sporadically. So what does he do exactly?

Also I'm sure he's a nice guy otherwise her mum would never let him be in the house and fund them both, but yeah I'm curious about the dynamics too.
I also find this very awkward. Imagine living so lavishly in your significant others mums home and doing so little. Given the standard of everything the family eat, wear, and do, it's just not conceivable that Zak is popping out to Primark on Saturday mornings to get his jeans and socks. It's obvious that Jess' money (i.e. her mums money) is his as well. Then again, maybe I'm too judgemental, as I don't think I would find it so uncomfortable if Zak were the wealthy one sharing it with Jess... :oops:

My guess is that maybe he does freelance photography and editing, although there's no evidence of this anywhere. He did work for LADBible so might have carried some contacts from there, and just does freelance photo or video editing from home. But I would also absolutely not be surprised if he doesn't.

Reactions: 6
I'd actually wondered for a bit if during lockdown her mum had hired him to do some cooking around the house and stuff. He used to be a chef and they had a nanny who would cook for Indie, it doesn't seem like a stretch

Reactions: 8
Zak is a housekeeper, chauffeur, nanny, dogwalker and any other role that needs to be done in Jess' mum's house.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I would not judge Zak so quickly. We know nothing about him. I don't know why (I might be totally wrong) he gives me broken home vibes. He might crave home life and family connection. It might give him a lot of pleasure to have family members to care for. From what we've seen Jesse's family treats him like a close family member and I think he might be loving his life status right now.

Reactions: 13
Has Jess always been this giggly in videos? I'm getting a bit tired of the forced laughter after every sentence, but then again it's kinda cute; like someone's told her to be more charismatic and she doesn't know how to.
Noticed this too! her mannerisms seem really different. Like she puts on a weird voice randomly for a couple of words and does a weird a scrunch up of her face idk how to describe haha. Don't mean this in a nasty way it's just something I've noticed more in her videos that she didn't used to do. She seemed much more natural on camera in her uni days.

Reactions: 5
I’m pretty sure Zak is on the mum’s payroll. He ferries indie to school everyday (and probably picks her up as well) and I can’t imagine them letting him do this for free (I mean I’m sure he wouldn’t mind as he is part of the family) but I agree with others who have mentioned his cooking too. I think that’s more of a regular thing he does and probably gets paid for that. Jess mentioned he would drive her mum to appointments too. So he probably gets paid a salary from the mum and separately from Jess as well for the videography/editing/photography. Maybe even freelance on top of that.

Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned. At least he keeps out of her channel, I hate when youtubers boyfriends/husbands decide it’s going to be a shared channel when it’s something she’s worked on for years before alone.

Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?

Reactions: 12
This is COMPLETELY off current topic, but does anyone remember that American guy that Jess dated just after James and before Zak? All the viewers hated him and slated him in the comments 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
This is COMPLETELY off current topic, but does anyone remember that American guy that Jess dated just after James and before Zak? All the viewers hated him and slated him in the comments 😂😂😂😂
I am INTRIGUED. Where can we find the evidence? 😊

Reactions: 1
I remember seeing him in Vlogmas. She has since privated a couple of videos featuring him, but I'm intrigued as to why her audience didn't like him? I wasn't following her at the time, just binge-watched her old vlogs when I found her a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 1
I remember him! Pretty sure she denied they were ever dating but she went to the farm alone with him for a decent chunk of December from what I remember which seems like quite an intimate setting if you're just friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not sure when he quit his job, but perhaps when she found out she was pregnant they both decided to split the load of parenting and work and that’s why he now works for her?
He quit quite a long time ago. If I remember correctly, Jess was bored sitting alone at home at night whilst he was out at his chef job and so they came to an agreement that he would quit and “work” for her.

He’s in this video!

And this one:
Ahh a USC exchange student. He was very confident on camera, which often doesn't translate well (nice topless shot on the second video). Glad to see Jess had her fun before settling down 😊

Also, never saw her family's country house before!

Reactions: 4
Out of curiosity, would people be questioning what Zak was doing if the genders were reversed? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about or question a stay at home mum, but always see stay at home fathers, or even just men who work for their partner be questioned.
My thoughts exactly. On the one hand, women can be subject to criticism for being “gold diggers” or marrying for money. But it’s far more conventionally acceptable and traditionally seen as “natural” for women to be financially and otherwise dependent.

Personally, I feel like how a few people here (not all) have questioned the “dynamic” between Jess and Zak can reflect outdated stereotypes/expectations that men should be the breadwinners who provide for the woman in the relationship.

I think it’s sensible to criticize Zak’s career choices as it’s relevant to him as an individual person, but there are certain ways (again, not to dismiss all criticisms) of judging on the basis of their relationship that rely on gender norms that really don’t do anyone any good.

Reactions: 13
I agree how problematic out dated opinions on gender roles are..... I also think it's fair to question why someone's partner is on the bank roll of a family member. That's not normal. Getting back to chauffer around your partner's mum, run errands, cook for relatives, etc. is quite strange no? It doesn't matter whether that person is the father or mother. Relying so much on your parnter for your income is scary.

Reactions: 17
I agree how problematic out dated opinions on gender roles are..... I also think it's fair to question why someone's partner is on the bank roll of a family member. That's not normal. Getting back to chauffer around your partner's mum, run errands, cook for relatives, etc. is quite strange no? It doesn't matter whether that person is the father or mother. Relying so much on your parnter for your income is scary.
I definitely agree with this. imo any financial dependency regardless of gender has the potential to run into issues. Like I said, I don’t want to dismiss any and all criticisms of their situation.

I didn’t want to call anyone out specifically, but just to clarify what I meant by my issue with the gender stuff,

However, I don't understand why she wants to have a kid with a man who works for her and relies on her financially? And it's just a small amount of work at that. Doesn't seem a good dynamic for a relationship.
People don’t tend to question why a man would want to marry a woman who works for him (ex. the stereotypical boss/assistant or doctor/nurse type pairings) and/or relies on him financially (stay at home mothers), but suddenly it’s an active problem when the genders are reversed.

There are many other reasons why women would choose to have a child with a man other than how much money they make. i.e. maybe Zak is very emotionally supportive, and Jess values that over someone who is financially and professionally ambitious.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s sensible to criticize Zak’s career choices as it’s relevant to him as an individual person, but there are certain ways (again, not to dismiss all criticisms) of judging on the basis of their relationship that rely on gender norms that really don’t do anyone any good.
That's fair. I'll reiterate that I have no issue with Zak performing a 'househusband' role. I think mostly there's genuine curiosity around the choices Jess makes because she's so guarded about her personal life.

Quite frankly - as with her ambition, work ethic and career choice - I think people on here often have higher expectations for Jess than she possibly has for herself.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.