Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sure, but then don’t complain that you’re so busy, so stressed, and so tired whenever you do come back online once every other month. If she owned that YouTube was a hobby for her it’d be one thing. But she acts like it’s the most demanding job in the world. She also straight up stated herself that she had to work hard on her social media now that she has a baby and a house to provide for. It’s the cognitive dissonance that’s infuriating, don’t you see that?
True, and just in general, I hate YouTubers who spend a lot of time talking about how they got to the point of making their video. Just start talking about your topic and leave that other tit out.

Same for colleagues at work. Some will go on and on about the rough night they had or traffic etc. It’s fine if it’s every now and then, but it’s usually same people who are always complaining. Be professional and leave all of that private stuff at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Sure, but then don’t complain that you’re so busy, so stressed, and so tired whenever you do come back online once every other month. If she owned that YouTube was a hobby for her it’d be one thing. But she acts like it’s the most demanding job in the world. She also straight up stated herself that she had to work hard on her social media now that she has a baby and a house to provide for. It’s the cognitive dissonance that’s infuriating, don’t you see that?
I don't think it's cognitive dissonance, but I'm not defending her either. I'd love more content and for her to stop complaining but I don't think it'll happen and she doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who would read here (at least not often). I don't think she even views YouTube as a hobby anymore just something she'll pick up when she feels like it. And, in her world, she just does think she's so busy and so stressed and so tired; she literally doesn't know any different. A lot of her generation Yters (Zoella, Tanya etc.) had real jobs before, even if only for a short time or in retail, but Jess never did. Everything that she does, and ever has done, is what she wants to do.

Also, I'm not a mum, so nanny or not it seems very stressful to have a whole human being to think about at all times.

Reactions: 2
Anyone else in any other job could just not have this attitude. To say she’ll never be able to upload regularly is strange, she does nothing! How does she think other mums juggle FULL time work? Now she has the excuse of the baby but she’s always been like this. I used to think she had a great work ethic but that really did just apply to studying and that was it it seems

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Anyone else in any other job could just not have this attitude. To say she’ll never be able to upload regularly is strange, she does nothing! How does she think other mums juggle FULL time work? Now she has the excuse of the baby but she’s always been like this. I used to think she had a great work ethic but that really did just apply to studying and that was it it seems
I feel like studying/being at uni meant she was around other people and fed off them - don't they say you're the sum of the top 5 people you surround yourself with? So if at school/ uni Jess was around other people working = she works as well. Now she's out of that bubble and this "ethic" we thought she had she's nosedived/we've seen her for her if that makes sense, not just when she's around other people?

Also maybe I'm being pedantic but her being like 'a schedule's never worked for me' - welllll it did at one point lol so clearly it wasn't a case of it "never" working now was it Jess?

Reactions: 9
I think she’s probably only interested in working hard for things that have a reward (like most people). Working hard in school and university she was rewarded with good grades and praise whereas she could spend hours filming/editing a 40 minute video and it barely hits 1000 likes. She has such little engagement/growth on her youtube it’s probably not worth the effort to her. Especially when she gets offered £££ for a little instagram post or story. I’d guess her youtube channel is a very small percentage of her income.

Reactions: 9
I think she’s probably only interested in working hard for things that have a reward (like most people). Working hard in school and university she was rewarded with good grades and praise whereas she could spend hours filming/editing a 40 minute video and it barely hits 1000 likes. She has such little engagement/growth on her youtube it’s probably not worth the effort to her. Especially when she gets offered £££ for a little instagram post or story. I’d guess her youtube channel is a very small percentage of her income.
Agree but it's a vicious circle isn't it. If she puts zero effort into posting videos regularly then of course her views/engagement/growth will keep going down and she will get less and less "rewards" from it. And instagram is definitely easier/quicker/less effort but even there she doesn't perform at all. She just came back today after not posting a SINGLE thing on instagram (no stories, no posts) for FOUR weeks straight!! (and over EIGHT weeks on her youtube) I just can't even believe that she has the nerve to talk about "making this [social media] space great" when she invests SO LITTLE in it. It's absolutely mindboggling and embarrassing. She SHOULD know better. She's educated, well-read, and surrounded by people who put in ACTUAL hours into their work (her parents etc). But she keeps proving to be so ignorant and tone deaf. At the end of the day, she's just lazy and complacent, and has no ambition. I guarantee the only reason she's coming back now is bc she has a Bareminerals ad coming up or some tit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I agree I a way, but I also think that there is no point in giving yourself the same rules of normal office environment. The whole advantage of being an influencer is making your own rules. Apparently she is doing well enough for herself without a schedule. I guess she doesn’t really care about algorithms etc.

Reactions: 3
I agree I a way, but I also think that there is no point in giving yourself the same rules of normal office environment. The whole advantage of being an influencer is making your own rules. Apparently she is doing well enough for herself without a schedule. I guess she doesn’t really care about algorithms etc.
Agree. She clearly prefers an easy life of not having to work and she has the ability to. I wouldn't force myself to have the same work attitude as someone who worked full time in an office if I didn't have to. I would have to do something though as would get so bored, not sure how she fills her time. 😂

The only thing that bugs me is what has been said already when she does turn up and acts like she's as tired/busy as the rest of us. It's her choice if she doesn't want to fully commit to being an influencer, posting regularly and treating it like a career, but she could be more self aware about it.

I think she does have the time to film and edit and knows it but chooses not to, then feels like she has nothing to show for all the time she's been away so tries to create this image of being busy.

Reactions: 14
Agree. She clearly prefers an easy life of not having to work and she has the ability to. I wouldn't force myself to have the same work attitude as someone who worked full time in an office if I didn't have to. I would have to do something though as would get so bored, not sure how she fills her time. 😂

The only thing that bugs me is what has been said already when she does turn up and acts like she's as tired/busy as the rest of us. It's her choice if she doesn't want to fully commit to being an influencer, posting regularly and treating it like a career, but she could be more self aware about it.
Yes, the whole being busy act has to go. Even if she feels that way, keep it to yourself, please. She has no idea what being busy is. Or feeling what it’s like to really depend on your job and not being able to quit instantly if you don’t like it.

Reactions: 10
Yes, the whole being busy act has to go. Even if she feels that way, keep it to yourself, please. She has no idea what being busy is. Or feeling what it’s like to really depend on your job and not being able to quit instantly if you don’t like it.
If she didn't have a nanny/Zack also at home with them I could buy the being busy thing a bit more (she does have a nanny right? please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I read here she does!). I'm childfree and honestly looking after a child looks exhausting I don't know how anyone does it 😂

Reactions: 4
If she didn't have a nanny/Zack also at home with them I could buy the being busy thing a bit more (she does have a nanny right? please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure I read here she does!). I'm childfree and honestly looking after a child looks exhausting I don't know how anyone does it 😂
I don’t know about a nanny, but haven’t followed her that closely

I don’t know about a nanny, but haven’t followed her that closely
She has one for the days her and Zak “work” I think it started as 2 but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s increased since she last spoke about it

Reactions: 3
I still think (not diagnosing just a vague idea) she's got something going on that affects her ability to keep up with social media stuff. Obviously you should be kind to yourself and not create unrealistic standards, but I have a feeling she never really tried to explore what might help her pursue her goals and ambitions and instead just took the easy way out with "I'll just never be consistent at the only obligation I've ever had that's remotely approaching a job!"

Reactions: 1
The truth is that even “influencers” need to have consistency and a work ethic in order to make ends meet. Jess isn’t lazy in a job that encourages her laziness. She’s lazy and living off her mother’s success & money. A million pound house, new baby, partner without a job, loads of paid help? That’s beyond lazy actually. It’s entitled and pathetic, and an insult to suggest she works hard for anything.

Reactions: 19
I feel like studying/being at uni meant she was around other people and fed off them - don't they say you're the sum of the top 5 people you surround yourself with? So if at school/ uni Jess was around other people working = she works as well. Now she's out of that bubble and this "ethic" we thought she had she's nosedived/we've seen her for her if that makes sense, not just when she's around other people?

Also maybe I'm being pedantic but her being like 'a schedule's never worked for me' - welllll it did at one point lol so clearly it wasn't a case of it "never" working now was it Jess?
She lives with her mum who's a full time partner at a top law firm and her sister is in school, no?

Yes and also even if she is overwhelmed with motherhood can she just stop complaining about being tired. I fully respect and understand that it is important to share the difficulties and not show everything with rose tinted glasses but you also can't be a downer every single time you post.

I'd be more sympathetic to parenthood as the reason for this lapse in content if she hadn't been lapsing in her posting every since she finished uni. She doesn't HAVE to post if she's decided that being independently wealthy is enough of a job for her, but it's insulting how she still tries to pretend to be relatable and promises regular content (prior to this recent announcement that she'll never make anything consistently), knowing she'll never deliver.

Reactions: 7
😂 Who’s going to pay for Patreon after she finally admitted the obvious, she can’t create content regularly or stick to a schedule and has no plans of changing that. Then again she does have a small group of dedicated fans for some reason. Don’t you dare make a slightly critical comment on her socials they’ll attack fangs out! Weirdos

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.