Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It did make me laugh when she was harping on about how environmentally friendly her new phone case was, while drinking coffee from disposable cups and buying a brand new phone that she probably didn't need in the first place. Talk about performative nonsense!

Reactions: 35
The laptop is the only thing in that household to ever work overtime

32FB0B7F-AA4A-4F08-A488-55582291E2A4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Normally I love Jess's Vlogmas even when it's boring, but this year I watched the first two and haven't bothered to watch any others. I can't believe she has the audacity to get on camera and talk OVER AND OVER about how hard her life is. I do think she's struggling with her mental health, but imo it would be like a relatively fit person talking about how they need to get in better shape, to their obese friend. It's not wrong of her to feel like she's struggling, but she should maybe deal with that a bit more privately since it's super tone deaf to tell her viewers over and over that her life of luxury is just too darn hard for her.

Reactions: 23
Normally I love Jess's Vlogmas even when it's boring, but this year I watched the first two and haven't bothered to watch any others. I can't believe she has the audacity to get on camera and talk OVER AND OVER about how hard her life is. I do think she's struggling with her mental health, but imo it would be like a relatively fit person talking about how they need to get in better shape, to their obese friend. It's not wrong of her to feel like she's struggling, but she should maybe deal with that a bit more privately since it's super tone deaf to tell her viewers over and over that her life of luxury is just too darn hard for her.
Exactly, can you imagine her talking to a friend who has serious weight problems? A friend of mine works out since forever and barely eats carbs and still is obese. She’s naturally thin and idk how some people still see her as an intelligent person, at first I thought she was just dealing with depression or other family issues but then I remembered once she complained about how expensive eating healthy* is (seriously) so…Idk she seems more and more fake and really not smart.

edit: *vegan, anyway you know what I mean

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Watched the newest vlog last night on the tv while finishing dessert with the bf (didn’t want to start something new), he knows I really do love Jess’s content especially while she was at uni at the same time as me. We were watching and then another video started, he thought I’d accidentally skipped to the next, but no the video just ended without anything happening. He then asked when she was due, he thought she was on maternity leave! As in she was just prepping for baby and trying to relax before she arrived.
I’m just disappointed at this point. She could do a renovation series, show how she’s budgeting and spending her money, it may be out of a lot of people’s price range but normally when I watch those videos even when I can’t afford 99% of the stuff they do or show (the 1% being a paint can or tea towels or cutlery) normally I see something that I love and want to try and recreate in my budget or use as inspiration or something I want to save for. She could do a series about dressing for her new body, I haven’t had a baby but I have gained a lot over lockdown and being in hospital. She could do a closet clear out, a book clear out, she could show the viewer her interior plans.
There is so much she could do without really doing anything and still being home with baby

Reactions: 14
She could do a renovation series, show how she’s budgeting and spending her money,
Agreed, she’s doing a terrible job of monetizing her house renovations, especially when there’s a huge market out there for that kind of content. Maybe she’s afraid of getting comments about how unattainable it is for most people her age to own a house in London, but showing off hauls of thousand pound jackets and jewelry, and prancing about between her family's three houses (including the library "barn") is hardly better. A proper renovation series might save her plummeting channel views, but that would require actual effort and planning.

Reactions: 10
I used to enjoy her vlogs and I am still enjoying her book videos, but like everyone said it feels there is nothing new going on and that she is very hesitant in showing us other parts of her life.

From what I understand she doesn't want to show her family in the videos (understandable), her sister (understandable), her baby (understandable), her parents houses and decor, her boyfriend, the new house renovations.. I feel once the house is complete she will prob say something like "we will not share all parts of our house as we want to keep some parts private" something that many influencers have done..

Reactions: 5
Agreed, she’s doing a terrible job of monetizing her house renovations, especially when there’s a huge market out there for that kind of content. Maybe she’s afraid of getting comments about how unattainable it is for most people her age to own a house in London, but showing off hauls of thousand pound jackets and jewelry, and prancing about between her family's three houses (including the library "barn") is hardly better. A proper renovation series might save her plummeting channel views, but that would require actual effort and planning.
I agree, no one who watches has any of her videos is ignorant of how much money her family has. Her wardrobe, her family houses, the house she’s bought, the gifts she gets from family, holidays etc. She just needs to lean in to it. I am more annoyed watching her when she pretends she isn’t privileged af. If she just went for it and showed the house and what she’s spending etc I would respect her a lot more and I’m nosey, I love watching how other people spend their money and I’m sure I’m not alone in that. There are a lot of influencers who do not shy away from luxury or how much they spend, in the frow, Amelia liana (who’s wealth also comes from her family similar to Jess) come to mind. And I’m sure they get some hate and comments but overall they still have a big fan base and make content (I don’t watch them so can’t tell you if it’s good content).

I used to enjoy her vlogs and I am still enjoying her book videos, but like everyone said it feels there is nothing new going on and that she is very hesitant in showing us other parts of her life.

From what I understand she doesn't want to show her family in the videos (understandable), her sister (understandable), her baby (understandable), her parents houses and decor, her boyfriend, the new house renovations.. I feel once the house is complete she will prob say something like "we will not share all parts of our house as we want to keep some parts private" something that many influencers have done..
The problem is if you don’t want to show anything she has to change her whole deal. There are you tubers especially book or fashion youtubers who don’t show a lot but they put out content and interesting content. You cannot be a vlogger if you don’t want to show anything and don’t do anything interesting with your day

Reactions: 8
Anyone else senses some sort of tension between Jess and Zak? They always seem annoyed and grumpy around each other. Like in vlogmas day 17 when he fetched her coffee but forgot the banana bread! I would be so hurt if anyone looked at me like Jess did for leaving out a friggin banana bread! And I feel like Jess rarely smiles when she sees Zak. Zak always sounds grumpy when his voice is caught in audio too. The vibe they give off makes me so uncomfortable like I’m watching a couple fight.

Reactions: 7
I think the „grumpy guy“ is jess type. Her high school Love James was exactly like this too. I remember a lot of comments under her vlogs where ppl mentioned James seems super grumpy and Jess protected this behavior.

Reactions: 11
They are going to have to be so careful if they decide to go up north with omicron around

Reactions: 2
does anyone find the audio quality on her videos to be absolutely terrible? I always have her videos up to max volume and even then I still can't hear her... why does she whisper?! why is everything so quiet?!

Reactions: 13
does anyone find the audio quality on her videos to be absolutely terrible? I always have her videos up to max volume and even then I still can't hear her... why does she whisper?! why is everything so quiet?!
She has had such quiet videos for YEARS and it’s so annoying i don’t understand why she posts them like that. I even commented once that it’s too quiet and i can’t hear anything but i doubt she read it now. Maybe because she edits with headphones it seems like a decent volume to her but still

Reactions: 3
Tanya Burr must've paid her a good chunk of money to lie about how good Authored's mascara is. Known as the worst mascara known to man, it's palpably spidery, doesn't hold a curl to save its life, and many people have come out saying that it's caused them an allergic reaction. But as long as Jess gets paid it's okay that her viewers are deceived, right?

sj.png

Attachments

Tanya Burr must've paid her a good chunk of money to lie about how good Authored's mascara is. Known as the worst mascara known to man, it's palpably spidery, doesn't hold a curl to save its life, and many people have come out saying that it's caused them an allergic reaction. But as long as Jess gets paid it's okay that her viewers are deceived, right?

View attachment 931075
Quite possible though Jess did always used to say she loved a spidery and often clumpy looking lash. Maybe she just has bad taste in mascaras lol and other makeup in general.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else senses some sort of tension between Jess and Zak? They always seem annoyed and grumpy around each other. Like in vlogmas day 17 when he fetched her coffee but forgot the banana bread! I would be so hurt if anyone looked at me like Jess did for leaving out a friggin banana bread! And I feel like Jess rarely smiles when she sees Zak. Zak always sounds grumpy when his voice is caught in audio too. The vibe they give off makes me so uncomfortable like I’m watching a couple fight.
To me he's always come across as rather a miserable so and so..When Jess had her friends round for Christmas what on earth was he doing there aside from butler duties? It rather kills the atmos of a girls gettogether when someone's brought their boyfriend.. it's not like he couldn't have taken the baby to one of the other properties while they partied rather than slouching grumpily in the chair and interrupting with the occasional mumble

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.