Sunbeamsjess #3 Too busy to come up with a thread name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's wild to me that both Zac and Jess are just both... bums. If one of them stopped working to care for their child, I wouldn't bat an eye. But seems like they're both just bums who exploit their naive audiences for money. Like, someone who dips in and out of her social media might not realize how inconsistent she is and pay for her patreon hoping for actual content.
What’s one thing that’s classy if you’re rich but trashy if you’re poor? Unemployment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Watching her new book haul. Why would you buy copies of books you've already read and didn't like?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She just doesn't understand what hard work actually is and that normal people will still have to grind every single day regardless of whether they've had enough sleep, missed breakfast, are on their period, stayed up all night with the baby, had to take public transport an hour in etc. etc.
I used to think she was so hardworking when she was at uni, she did videos on how she studied, annotated books, was always at the library etc, whilst also creating a fair amount of content on other stuff like fashion and vlogs. I was actually interested to see what she'd go on to do 😂

I wonder if she's just not so passionate about it all nowadays but it's the only way she's ever known to make money, and is much easier than any 'real' job so just perseveres rather than thinking about a career she enjoys.

Watching her new book haul. Why would you buy copies of books you've already read and didn't like?!?
Because why not when you have lots of ££ floating around?

I used to think she was so hardworking when she was at uni, she did videos on how she studied, annotated books, was always at the library etc, whilst also creating a fair amount of content on other stuff like fashion and vlogs. I was actually interested to see what she'd go on to do 😂

I wonder if she's just not so passionate about it all nowadays but it's the only way she's ever known to make money, and is much easier than any 'real' job so just perseveres rather than thinking about a career she enjoys.
Same! 🙋‍♀️ Part of me wonders if she enjoyed doing the vlogs and content so much then because she had something to show off which was something to be proud of. What’s the point in sharing what she does now when she does nothing? Probably why she has no motivation.

like a lot of people on YouTube who seem to just be dragging on their contribution despite being far past their peak - it’s easy money. Imagine earning thousands for doing barely anything in comparison to usual labour/workload to earn the same amount, yet not having any true knowledge or foundations in the entertainment sphere to branch out. Would be a hard pill to swallow but I feel would do wonders for these GROWN ADULTS and their health.

Also, pure speculation, but I can’t help but wonder if the baby timing and Times column is a little all too convenient for opening up further trust funds to go towards her house reno, and that’s also why it’s taken so long. Her settlor(s) probably had certain things in place for ‘towards first home’, ‘education’, ‘career building’, ‘child’ etc.

Maybe she’ll feel some sort of push to become a proper adult and be in her own family now her little sister will be off to uni. Jess sounded quite envious that her sister succeeds well in STEM in a vlog some time ago, gave a lot of chat about doing something science-related but nothing came of it.

What does she imagine she’ll do for the rest of her life? I don’t get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What kind of content is she posting on patreon?

She mentioned in the last vlog that people are watching her content a few days before on Patreon. If that's the case, this is such a scam. Why pay for early content that will be posted for free later.

Reactions: 6
Jess's golden era was her Edinburgh vlogs and the Vlogtobers/Vlogmases plus the "What I got for..." videos. It was clear that she was rich and privileged, but she seemed like she was doing something with her life, working towards an interesting career in academia or publishing. Now she's just a rich girl reading all day. Not interesting.

Reactions: 28
In a vlog a little before she announced that she was pregnant, she said she was looking for a new master in something completely unrelated to what she studied before...could be botany or something similar. Do I remember correctly?
I think that that was the first time I started to think "what are you doing?!". She had a good education, she was already producing content about books and had an audience and I thought "you could find a job in a publishing house in no time (even just as social media manager or something)". I was so jealous because I am trying to work in publishing and it is so so hard where I live. She almost had it and threw it all away.
I think she was looking for something that was not too hard as working consistently and that allowed her to do nothing and let her mother pay.
And then she got pregnant. I guess, problem solved.

And then she got pregnant. I guess, problem solved.
I think she got pregnant at just the right time for her because if she hasn’t, she’s probably just be meandering in the wind, not “working” still. I remember the video you’re talking about and she mentioned maybe picking up some additional A Levels as well?! Like you’re in your 20s and have done a Masters why go back to school for the sake of going back to school. She was the epitome of lost. I’m sure Ines has given her a sense of purpose she otherwise would’ve have had.

Reactions: 5
She has two Master’s doesn’t she? I thought the Lit course at Edinburgh carried a MA qualification.
Nothing wrong with studying multiple degrees if it’s something you enjoy, it’s just not something you do to further prolong entering real world/to have a further excuse to not enter societal employment.

Reactions: 3
She has two Master’s doesn’t she? I thought the Lit course at Edinburgh carried a MA qualification.
Nothing wrong with studying multiple degrees if it’s something you enjoy, it’s just not something you do to further prolong entering real world/to have a further excuse to not enter societal employment.
I don’t think so! I’m sure she just did a BA and then an MA

Reactions: 2
It's a Scottish MA - it's functionally the same as a BA from an English uni, just has a different degree title because of tradition at Scottish ancient unis.

Reactions: 8
Sweet Jesus. FOUR pairs of £118 cargo pants.. Gotta spend that Patreon dollar eh?

Also she talks a lot about loving connecting with people on Patreon and Discord.. I'd be interested to know how much she interacts because she's never engaged with her viewers on YT in all the years she's been making videos

Last edited:
I don't get how her mother, a successful and hardworking person doesn't push her educated and privileged daughter to actually develop a work ethic. Like sure, if you don't need to work to earn money, that's fine, lucky you. But to have no discipline see things through and take forever to finish something? She has all the help as well.

Reactions: 13
I don't get how her mother, a successful and hardworking person doesn't push her educated and privileged daughter to actually develop a work ethic. Like sure, if you don't need to work to earn money, that's fine, lucky you. But to have no discipline see things through and take forever to finish something? She has all the help as well.
Helen’s career was only possibly through farming Jessie off to childminders. She probably feels guilty about that, hence all the gifts and the lax attitude to work.

Reactions: 8
Helen’s career was only possibly through farming Jessie off to childminders. She probably feels guilty about that, hence all the gifts and the lax attitude to work.
True. They have probably spent more time together since she had Ines then she did when she was a school boarder.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.