Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ages ago she used to do more periods of grind. like before she went on her gap year she pre filmed loads of videos to go up over most of the time that she was gone for. Sure some of the videos were only a few minutes long but they were still content that went up.

Reactions: 4
Not that she didn't ever work hard, but I also think that a lot of her "work ethic" in uni might have been her making it look like she was working hard rather than actually working smart. I might be projecting, but I do this thing when I need to be "studying" for something big where I just like to read and read and read. And I tend to not actually do practice/homework problems (more applicable to math and physics than to literature, but still), but just read, because that's more fun and makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. I remember in at least a couple of her vlogs, she made comments about how she'd done way more reading than she needed to and neglected to actually do the theory or something along those lines. It's easy to make yourself look "busy" with a library timelapse, but who knows if she was "working smart" or just "working hard".

Reactions: 9
ages ago she used to do more periods of grind. like before she went on her gap year she pre filmed loads of videos to go up over most of the time that she was gone for. Sure some of the videos were only a few minutes long but they were still content that went up.

Yes, I am specifically referring to this period when I talk about work ethics. The girl was such a great content creator back then. She would dedicate whole videos to her Jeffrey Campbell shoes, the very informative travel tips and the q&a were amazing!

I miss this dedicated Jess

Reactions: 2
Back then it felt like she actually wanted to share things with her followers, and now it feels like she's only sharing things that she has to for sponsored content. I think she still kind of likes making videos, but it's not the same as the lookbooks and Q&As she was clearly happy to film even without a sponsor. I don't really blame her - I'm nowhere near the same person I was when I was in college/high school, but I wish some of these influencers would just step back entirely rather than halfassing their content and stringing their supportive followers along for years.

Reactions: 12
Back then it felt like she actually wanted to share things with her followers, and now it feels like she's only sharing things that she has to for sponsored content. I think she still kind of likes making videos, but it's not the same as the lookbooks and Q&As she was clearly happy to film even without a sponsor. I don't really blame her - I'm nowhere near the same person I was when I was in college/high school, but I wish some of these influencers would just step back entirely rather than halfassing their content and stringing their supportive followers along for years.
But they don’t have morals, until the cash dries up, she’ll be using social media

Reactions: 1
She does not need the influencer job for the money. She needs it for a sense of purpose and to not feel like she really is just living off het family’s money.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She does not need the influencer job for the money. She needs it for a sense of purpose and to not feel like she really is just living off het family’s money.
For some reason it looked like something changed after her mother's illness. As if she realised that she was not going to get more money if something happened to her. She was posting way more and some good content.

So I am wondering if her mother warned her or told her something?

Don’t forget she got pregnant then? She’s technically on mat leave? Like her content changed once she left uni.
I assume she just started seeing other things as work aka getting indie to school etc so that’s what she focused on

Reactions: 2
For some reason it looked like something changed after her mother's illness. As if she realised that she was not going to get more money if something happened to her. She was posting way more and some good content.

So I am wondering if her mother warned her or told her something?
No, I really do not think this at all. I simply do not believe that she feared not receiving money anymore. Firstly, that wouldn’t be the case. In fact, probably the opposite. Secondly, that seems way too calculated. Maybe she just had more to update us on with the baby coming.

Reactions: 9
I'm sure this wouldn't be a happy situation for her AT ALL, but if her mom passed away wouldn't she likely inherit a lot of her mom's wealth and be totally set for life? I mean she's set for life anyway, but I don't think her mom passing away would scare her into feeling like she needs to make a living for herself, it was probably something to do to distract herself from being upset constantly about it.

Whoops didn't see someone had already said basically that same thing, that her mom passing away would be the opposite of her being financially cut off forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I really liked her heart to heart in her newest vlog. It was a little bit of an eyeroll moment when she was talking about how hard it is for our generation when she has a house to renovate, a place to stay, and doesn't have a job when I'm two years younger than her and about to move back in with my parents unemployed, but I thought a lot of what she said about keeping the baby off the camera was quite sensible.

Reactions: 20
I would be so worried about having a baby on the internet , I feel like this vlog was a proper catch up and check in which was nice

Reactions: 5
Obviously, I don't know all her financial details, but is she really set for life?
At least I wouldn't class her as a super-rich trust fund kid, she's more upper-middle class. Her mother is a partner in a law firm, she doesn't own her own company or anything.
Can someone enlighten me? I'm quite interested to know if/how she's actually ended up with intergenerational wealth from being a partner (I'm in the field haha).

Obviously, I don't know all her financial details, but is she really set for life?
At least I wouldn't class her as a super-rich trust fund kid, she's more upper-middle class. Her mother is a partner in a law firm, she doesn't own her own company or anything.
Can someone enlighten me? I'm quite interested to know if/how she's actually ended up with intergenerational wealth from being a partner (I'm in the field haha).
Her mother is an equity partner at one of the biggest law firms in the world (has been since 2008)*--she essentially does own part of the firm. She earns about £2 millions per year. So does her stepfather. If that aint super-rich then I don't know what is lmao. Definitely rich enough for Jess not to have to worry anyway. Not to mention her dad is also very well-off, being a doctor in the US. Not sure what kind of background Jess' maternal grandparents come from but both of their daughters (Jess' mother and Jess' aunt) went to Cambridge, so that says something.

*She was at Freshfields until now. She's actually just moved to Latham & Watkins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I
Her mother is an equity partner at one of the biggest law firms in the world (has been since 2008)*--she essentially does own part of the firm. She earns about £2 millions per year. So does her stepfather. If that aint super-rich then I don't know what is lmao. Definitely rich enough for Jess not to have to worry anyway. Not to mention her dad is also very well-off, being a doctor in the US. Not sure what kind of background Jess' maternal grandparents come from but both of their daughters (Jess' mother and Jess' aunt) went to Cambridge, so that says something.

*She was at Freshfields until now. She's actually just moved to Latham & Watkins.
I don’t know how the poster is in the legal field (if that’s what she meant) & doesn’t know this. Equity partners in law firms make multiples of a lot of CEOs.

Reactions: 7
Slightly off topic but for those au fait with London law firms, where does L&W fit according to the 'magic circle' categorisation? Was just reading about them on Chambers. Qualification salaries at London law firms always impress me (I'm in the arts) but L&W is especially high - 190,000 (probably dreadful hours though, I envy the salary but I don't envy the work hours!)

Slightly off topic but for those au fait with London law firms, where does L&W fit according to the 'magic circle' categorisation? Was just reading about them on Chambers. Qualification salaries at London law firms always impress me (I'm in the arts) but L&W is especially high - 190,000 (probably dreadful hours though, I envy the salary but I don't envy the work hours!)
The term ‘Magic Circle’ refers to the top 5 UK firms (Freshfields being one of them). L&W is an American firm so it’s not part of that group but it’s the second largest law firm in the world by revenue (Freshfields is #16). Either way these types of firms have offices all over the world, including in London obviously. Her mom is loaded.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.