Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The names okay, but seems close to Indie's name.
It’s actually the name of a married at first sight Australia contestant! I wonder if that’s where she got it from? I only know people in the UK who have Ines as a surname but it’s cute

Reactions: 5
Aww happy for her!! Very surprised by the name Ines, not at all what I thought they’d go for and seems a bit weird for an English couple? Given it’s a Spanish name..

Reactions: 4
*me waiting for tattlers to give their opinion about the name knowing it's also my name* 😬👀

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I like it, I think it's just a bit unusual (in the UK at least) without being over the top weird or sounding like a cat's name.

Reactions: 7
I kinda like it, it’s not one of the Ava, Elsie etc that everyone seems to be going for at the moment, but I can now understand why Jess wasn’t raving about what they picked as it is a name that not everyone will like or expect even.
They look so happy though, which is lovely to see.

Reactions: 5
Can you clarify the pronunciation? :ROFLMAO: Is it “Ee-nes”?
<< ee-ness >> is the pronunciation where I'm from. It's a very common name in France, North Africa, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America. Very surprised that it's starting to be used by English-speakers now (Blake Lively/Ryan Reynolds and now Jess/Zak? lol). Americans often say << ee-nezz >> though (or worse, << eye-nezz >> lol)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Have to say I was expecting an awful name and I actually really like what they’ve gone for

Reactions: 1
Aww happy for her!! Very surprised by the name Ines, not at all what I thought they’d go for and seems a bit weird for an English couple? Given it’s a Spanish name..
Hasn't she mentioned in the past she's got a little bit of Spanish in her? I think it's only a small amount, but still. I also recall her being really interested in learning the language.

That's a really cute name! I'm glad that mum and baby both appear happy and healthy

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hasn't she mentioned in the past she's got a little bit of Spanish in her? I think it's only a small amount, but still. I also recall her being really interested in learning the language.
Yes! Her grandma is I think! Well remembered!

it's also a common name in the balkans, and i think the girl from married at first sight was bosnian :) i like it!

Ines/Inez is quite common here, but I think it also refers to her Spanish heritage?

Edit: that was already mentioned.

I have a wonderful friend names Ines so I'm biased I think it's a great name haha good to see they're well finally!

Weird...is this the same author? If so, weird again that she's talking specifically about 'full name' Jess. Maybe they're friends or something?? I can't actually read this article without creating an account so don't know what it says!

Excerpt from the article here. How weird.
Bit late to this but according to LinkedIn the author graduated in 2016 from Edinburgh uni with a degree in English Lit and history, so she likely had some crossover with Jess when they were at uni

• Wow
Reactions: 9
awww, so cute! very happy for her. I loved the name, it's actually quite common here in Brazil, but very unexpected for an english couple. I thought it was different and tasteful.

<< ee-ness >> is the pronunciation where I'm from. It's a very common name in France, North Africa, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America. Very surprised that it's starting to be used by English-speakers now (Blake Lively/Ryan Reynolds and now Jess/Zak? lol). Americans often say << ee-nezz >> though (or worse, << eye-nezz >> lol)
Thank you! It’s quite a sweet name, I imagine it’ll sound nice said in Jess’ super calm voice lol.

As an aside, I’m surprised she’s shown the babies face already, I didn’t think she would. Maybe she won’t as baby starts growing etc.

Maybe it was something to do with her aunt? We really don’t know that much about her family so could be a name she’s given her daughter after someone in her family

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.