Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also not in a "what a loser" way, but I genuinely don't think Jess has many friends besides her "the girls" group from uni. Like I don't think she has a ton of acquaintances who she'd be venting to about this site bullying her or anything, which is why I assume it's a fan trying to defend her idols rather than a friend Jess talked to (because Jess would likely have asked for her last name to be left out if she were personally involved in this article getting written).

Reactions: 9
Users here have had much more insightful and intelligent things to say about influencer culture, wealth, privilege etc than in that article or screenshot of the othet article..

I really can't imagine Jess wanting her friend to write about her, so I doubt the writer is a friend.

Reactions: 17
I just find it funny she chose to showcase this thread which was one of the deadest until Jess announced her pregnancy. It's also probably the least toxic of the threads going around, since Jess is pretty low-key to begin with and doesn't have a massive following. Idk, weird choice.

Also publishing her full name was a pretty unprofessional move, unless Jess okayed it. I literally had no idea what her full name was, nor did I care to find out, but thanks for doxxing her for us, I guess lol

Reactions: 20
She follows Jess but Jess does not follow her. So weird to write that and use her full name when she is off having her baby.

Reactions: 6
She follows Jess but Jess does not follow her. So weird to write that and use her full name when she is off having her baby.
It’s in very poor taste in my opinion and I wonder if Jess has seen it? Like wonder if she’ll ask her to take it down

Reactions: 5
It's not the first time this journalist has written about influencers and Jessie specifically:

She has a paragraph on Jess, again using her full name:

"London-based YouTuber Jessie Lethaby, AKA “SunbeamsJess”, has been participating in Vlogtober as well as Vlogmas (the 24 days of December preceding Christmas) for the last five years.

Last year, Lethaby did Vlogtober while completing her masters degree and also doing sponsored jobs on YouTube on the side. Her Twitter account during that month is riddled with apologies, with nearly every post in October 2017 including the word “sorry”, explaining that that day’s Vlogtober would be coming late or wouldn’t be coming for a few days time, mashed together with several other days’ vlogs. Between these tweets are replies to followers asking, “What happened to Vlogtober?” and further apologies for being “flaky”.

This year, addressing her followers about Vlogtober 2018, she told fans that after last year’s challenges (and surprise family issues) she would not be committing to vlogging the whole month, but simply uploading vlogs more consistently than her typical output."

This was in 2018. I really don't understand who appointed her attorney general for the influencers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wow that article is hilarious. Vlogtober is completely voluntary and she leaves out that people like Jess publicly ANNOUNCE their Vlogtober, choose to do it, and hype it up only to opt out once it begins. She also leaves out just how supportive so many of the comments are when people like Jess return and explain or apologize. How many comment sections now have there been, full of ‘do what’s right for you, take time off, you come first!’ AND then she talks about the difficulties of editing while leaving out that many YTers outsource their editing anyway.

And let’s also forget to mention the amount of money YTers are making off Vlogtober, the fact that many girls cited there are rich af and have become rich off the backs of their audience and their reliance on the audience investment. She shows Estée Lalonde in this article, who infamously only returns for Vlogtober to sell her Daisy line and has an editor edit her vlogs anyway. There is a context lacking when you say ‘poor student Jess was doing some YT on the side as she completed her Masters’ degree‘, and you leave out that Jess is already beyond rich, and is making piles more money off this ‘YouTube on the side’, far more than most of her peers who are likely picking up multiple part time jobs through their graduate degree. What a weird article.

Reactions: 17
Weird that an article has doxxed Jess more than anyone on her threads...

it’s almost like maybe this isn’t the worst site on the internet (duh!)

Football forums are vicious places for example, yet no one writes think-pieces about them.

Reactions: 13
I also find it strange that she chose to include Jess at all- her thread is filled with appreciation, with a few criticisms and frustrations. I suspect the journalist reached out to Jessie for a comment, as she did with the other influencers she included in the article, and evidently, Jess declined but was still included in the article.
I can only speak for what I’ve seen on TL and not the whole website, but doxxing and commentary on people’s weight and appearance is definitely condemned on here.
Although Jess certainly doesn’t fit into any of the following categories, some influencers set poor examples and when called out on it by their followers, they simply block any criticism that comes their way. This article just further validated some influencers and their poor attitudes 🙄
I think it was already confirmed Jessie also deletes negative comments on her videos. And doesn't seem that phased by it.

She is also not the best when it comes to traveling during corona. She went on a paid trip to US with a brand even though it was previously announced that only essential travel is allowed. She then stayed at her dad's place for some time. It was a really bad choice from her side not to follow the guidelines.

Totally not disagreeing with your second point, but just in regards to the first, I think if she does delete comments it's because she IS phased by it. She seems extremely anxious about what her audience thinks of her content, but too high-strung to deal with it, so she usually just ignores it. Like I remember on that video where she'd asked people if she should keep two channels or do vlogs on her main channel, she then announced that she was just doing what she wanted and hadn't read the feedback at all because she was afraid she wouldn't like it. So in a case that wouldn't even have been about people criticizing her ethics or morals - only sharing their opinions and preferences - she still couldn't handle seeing any disagreement with what she chose to do.

I really hope everything went well with her birth and the baby arrived safely, she’s not updated insta and I know she’s behind but it’s not helpful to any fans who might be worrying?

Reactions: 4
I really hope everything went well with her birth and the baby arrived safely, she’s not updated insta and I know she’s behind but it’s not helpful to any fans who might be worrying?
She’s been online. She liked a post the other day of someone else I follow but I can’t remember who...

Reactions: 2

Didn't she mention in the last vlog that it was the last time she'd been posting online until May. I figure she just doesn't want to post the baby yet.

Aw I’m happy for her she looks gorgeous and I like the name it’s the kind I imagined her going for

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.