Sunbeamsjess #2 we put the same effort into this title as she does her content

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find that when influencers, youtubers, whatever the likes, when they get pregnant or have children, they say they won't be mommy bloggers, won't focus on that but once they realize the money they can make from monetizing their kids, pregnancy, etc. they turn into mommy bloggers. Not saying Jess will but I find a lot of times when people do say that they tend to not actually stick with it because they realize the lucrative deals they can get by going on about it. Also they have no other content to produce other than talking about being pregnant or having kids, is something I find.

Reactions: 12
I think another reason they do it is probably that a lot of the feedback they get is that people love the pregnancy/baby content. For me it's not something I find offensive or ethically wrong, so there's no way I'm going to leave comments or DMs telling her to stop it. So a lot of the feedback they probably get is "Omg love seeing this baby content! You're glowing!!!! You're going to be such a great mum, can you show us what items you've gotten for the nursery so far?"

Reactions: 1
She's been doing some (sponsored, of course) makeup content on Insta, but most of her vlogs seem entirely focused on pregnancy. I totally understand that it's a huge part of your life and not some random detail that only affects you occasionally, but she's pumping out vlog content recently and ALL of it has to constantly revolve around the fact that she's pregnant and uncomfortable.
I’m in the third trimester too, and honestly pregnancy at this point is extremely uncomfortable and it’s all I can think about pretty much all day. So I’m not surprised all her vlogs are about it. It’s an impossible subject to avoid

Reactions: 12
I’m in the third trimester too, and honestly pregnancy at this point is extremely uncomfortable and it’s all I can think about pretty much all day. So I’m not surprised all her vlogs are about it. It’s an impossible subject to avoid
Yeah, totally understand that (can't relate myself, but I objectively understand it's super uncomfortable) but it's just a bit silly to me to start a vlog, complain immediately, then say several times that you didn't mean to just complain on your vlog, and then keep doing it anyway? Maybe just stop vlogging until you're in a better mood? She must want to make this pregnancy/mommy content, because she's putting vlogs out way more rapidly than she has at any point in the past couple years.

Edit: and/or she just needed to put a sponsored skincare routine in a video lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yeah, totally understand that (can't relate myself, but I objectively understand it's super uncomfortable) but it's just a bit silly to me to start a vlog, complain immediately, then say several times that you didn't mean to just complain on your vlog, and then keep doing it anyway? Maybe just stop vlogging until you're in a better mood? She must want to make this pregnancy/mommy content, because she's putting vlogs out way more rapidly than she has at any point in the past couple years.

Edit: and/or she just needed to put a sponsored skincare routine in a video lol
I think she’s secretly excited about the possibility of becoming a “mommy vlogger” 🤣 Idk why she’s trying to convince everyone she’s not interested in entering that niche when she’s doing it all to enter it (what’s in my hospital bag, stroller unboxing, etc)

Reactions: 3
To me it seems a bit like hedging to try to keep maximum engagement. If influencers just said "I'll be switching over to mostly baby content" they'd lose a portion of their audience who liked them for general lifestyle content and aren't that interested in baby content. But if they just say something like "Of course I'll show [the baby/my kids] sometimes, and they'll be a huge part of my life, but I'd like to keep creating non-child content as well" they'll get their child-interested followers even more excited about upcoming baby content, while keeping the uninterested followers who will stay subscribed hoping for future content that's not child-focused. I also think it's probably genuinely what a lot of them intend to do, but it's a good PR move on their part as well.

Yeah it seems she keeps churning the new content much more than any time post-grad. But it kind of makes sense from her perspective. Maybe she is worried she won't be as relatable after her pregnancy so she must establish herself already in this different area of youtube. I guess we are to see luxury baby sponsours in the future.

Reactions: 2
I’m super excited to see the content she’ll push out (no pun intended) after the birth to be honest! I think this really is a chance for her to be more relatable online and maybe we’ll get the sense that she’s actually doing something with her life, not just posting book videos three months late.

Reactions: 6
I’m super excited to see the content she’ll push out (no pun intended) after the birth to be honest! I think this really is a chance for her to be more relatable online and maybe we’ll get the sense that she’s actually doing something with her life, not just posting book videos three months late.
I really hope she keeps up some regular content, like I’ve said this before but if they out out a birth video it’ll get lots of views and it’ll be really well produced (I’m not expecting her too)

How many weeks will Jess be now?
Very close to delivering I think, she said March but she was saying in feb she was close, I assume if she hasn’t had the baby yet, she’s almost there

I can’t help but feel Jess getting pregnant was a bit of an anti climax. I loved her university vlogs and she was a bit of a positive role model- I admired her enthusiasm for literature, she was intelligent but also communicated about her study without excessive jargon or to sound impressive and ‘show off’. Part of me was excited about where she was going and what she’d achieve.

I’m happy for her, and obviously she’s happy and that’s all that matters. But as others have said we were just expecting a bit more. I suppose the last few years have kinda shown that wasn’t coming, I just always had it in the back of my mind she’d turn it around or surprise us with a fancy job... obviously this still may happen but she’s chosen a different path for a while.

As this is her direction I would like it if she would talk more openly about how this fits into her life plan, and talk about her plans in terms of birth etc. It would be interesting to hear how she approaches pregnancy / birth / raising a baby when money isn’t such an issue. Seeing how the other half do it is interesting!

Reactions: 4
Very close to delivering I think, she said March but she was saying in feb she was close, I assume if she hasn’t had the baby yet, she’s almost there
It feels like she has been quiet for a few days so I wondered whether baby was making an appearance

She definitely views reading as "work" so no wonder she thinks she's always so busy. I wonder how she is going to cope with not being able to spend days and days just sitting around reading once baby is here.

Reactions: 6
If each book video has 5 books in, I think she sees reading, taking notes, writing her opinions/critiques of those 5 books, the blog post and the video as full time work

I know this is very nit picky and I don’t know why it annoys me so much but I actually can’t watch her vlogs anymore because she keeps doing this little laugh at almost everything she says!! I put on her new vlog just now and she’s like “I put on some make up and it was a very long slow process” and she laughs while she’s saying it. Which is fine if it was just once or twice but it seems to be this new thing that she does where she’s forcing herself to laugh for no reason and it’s really grating on me

Reactions: 13
I know this is very nit picky and I don’t know why it annoys me so much but I actually can’t watch her vlogs anymore because she keeps doing this little laugh at almost everything she says!! I put on her new vlog just now and she’s like “I put on some make up and it was a very long slow process” and she laughs while she’s saying it. Which is fine if it was just once or twice but it seems to be this new thing that she does where she’s forcing herself to laugh for no reason and it’s really grating on me
I mentioned this a couple pages back! It's really weird isn't it. Don't know when it started

Why's she talking about "Maybe I can have a bit of maternity leave" when she answers to nobody but sponsors who she can choose to accept or turn down. And with her regular sponsors like Bare Minerals, surely they'd understand "I'll be having a baby in March, so I'd like to take March through May off from sponsored content with set posting dates." It's not like she needs the money.

Reactions: 11
Why's she talking about "Maybe I can have a bit of maternity leave" when she answers to nobody but sponsors who she can choose to accept or turn down. And with her regular sponsors like Bare Minerals, surely they'd understand "I'll be having a baby in March, so I'd like to take March through May off from sponsored content with set posting dates." It's not like she needs the money.
Still, I’d love for her to have a little break from reading and putting on Bare Minerals makeup. Her life seems so hectic!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.