Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosie2019

I used to be a content creator so I can provide a small insight.

For 1 vlog of over 40min it can take 2-3 hours. Considering the fact that she is not even writing on her blog anymore and that she barely post original content on Instagram (which can also be posted in advance) a day of work should take her 1-2 hours max. And this include legal work such as reviewing contracts for ads.

If she was handling a business on the side and posting as often as the like of Amelia Liana I would understand. But this is not the case.

She is not even posting once a week but whenever she has an ad which means very irregularly. She isn't replying to comments which cuts a lot of time from her "work". Zak is handling the editing and taking her picture which removes most of the hard work.

So all she has to do is pose for pictures, film bits for vlogs and read legal documents. So yeah, she has nothing to do all day.
Yes I guess the contract side of things is big. Getting them, negotiating them, and maybe reports or other admin but this wouldn’t be every day?

Smca53

VIP Member
edit: to add that she did say that the Snoo was gifted, so maybe they asked her to show & talk about it a little or perhaps she felt like that would be the polite thing to do.
Lol why does it not surprise me that she got a gifted Snoo 🤣

mindlessness

VIP Member
Slightly off topic but for those au fait with London law firms, where does L&W fit according to the 'magic circle' categorisation? Was just reading about them on Chambers. Qualification salaries at London law firms always impress me (I'm in the arts) but L&W is especially high - 190,000 (probably dreadful hours though, I envy the salary but I don't envy the work hours!)

Anne1448

VIP Member
She doesn't seem to have a style either. All she wear is the same combination of a maxi jacket with a jean. She reminds me of Lexi-an from Fashion filth but with a worst sense of fashion. At least Lexi is very street wear oriented. But Jess dresses as if she she had no mirror at home.

shoooook

I like how she gave an honest-seeming review of facegym, I’ve seen a couple of other London-based YTers talk about it but their reviews seemed so disingenuous (shocking, I know haha)
what did she say about it? honestly i was kind of intrigued ngl because like you said, so many london YTers were there and i assumed they all got comped the facial

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
Oh you're right, I think I'm remembering when she'd said she originally wanted to do her Master's dissertation on the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms but then didn't want to analyze them that in depth because she was afraid it would ruin the books for her. Still though, the reason was because she didn't want them ruined, not because they weren't worth doing a dissertation on lol.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
She's been doing some (sponsored, of course) makeup content on Insta, but most of her vlogs seem entirely focused on pregnancy. I totally understand that it's a huge part of your life and not some random detail that only affects you occasionally, but she's pumping out vlog content recently and ALL of it has to constantly revolve around the fact that she's pregnant and uncomfortable.

ECH

VIP Member
Normally I would agree, but there’s also no way people won’t call her out for reading Mantel in a reading vlog or wrap up. Her hand might be forced (though I suspect she will reverse her won’t-read-again policy secretly, or in the future, when people have forgotten.)

It would only be disturbing if she doesn’t say anything against Mantel, only because she did against Adichie, a Nigerian woman, who was not nearly as rude or combative or dismissive in her answer as Mantel, but has vastly different experiences of womanhood (and therefore ideas about feminism) than both Mantel and Jess. I’d side-eye the fuck out of her if she ignores this Mantel situation because it happens to be convenient for her. Especially because she could have quietly stopped reading Adichie, but instead chose to make a statement and then further reassurances to her audience that she will not read or support her ever again. Will she hold the same energy for Mantel?

I personally still read Adichie and Mantel. I actually don’t care if Jess does or doesn’t. I’m just very very annoyed at people in the book community space right now and would like people to who say the same thing to get cancelled the same way, if they’re going to be cancelled at all.
I didn't know she'd spoken out against Adiche, which does definitely complicate the situation. I hope she does make a statement on Mantel then, otherwise she just looks like a hypocrite.

Lola123

VIP Member
Ummm her latest vlog is a Samsung smartphone ad, seriously?! As if we aren’t all aware she’s been an iPhone user forever, who always upgrades to the latest top of the range iPhone as soon as it comes out. Ugh, so wasteful and greedy.
Tbf she is still using an iPhone X from what I’ve seen, I assume she’ll be sending it back, what I picked up on was that she was advertising for Vodafone despite being an 02 customer 😂😂 it was so random! Honestly she must just accept every AD willing to shell out

esrevni

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but did Jess ever give any further updates on the house she bought/did they ever move in?

Lola123

VIP Member
She really said she finds it.....tiresome snacking..
she finds it.....exhausting to keep feeding herself.

She’s probably the only person in the world who thinks chewing is an ordeal and not worth the effort needed.
So so lazy.

she also sounds like she hates her own daughters name and she hopes she will grow to love it, WHAT THE FUCK 😂
I think in due course we’ll find out what it is, could be that she’s on the edge now because she just can’t match it up with the baby she’s grown

et5

She did go to an all girls school, yes. That’s a good point about the boy-girl ratio on an English Lit course but didn’t she make any friends outside of her course?
Yeah that's true, did she join any societies? I did and met a variety of friends through that.

ECH

VIP Member
It could also be that her mum is either not gifting her things rn due to her illness, or giving really sentimental gifts due to her illness that she doesn't feel like disclosing, which could be understandable.
Yeah I've thought this, and I guess now Jessie is going to have a kid her parents' giftgiving is more likely to be focused on the baby than her I'd guess.

jjeett

Chatty Member
Tbf she is still using an iPhone X from what I’ve seen, I assume she’ll be sending it back, what I picked up on was that she was advertising for Vodafone despite being an 02 customer 😂😂 it was so random! Honestly she must just accept every AD willing to shell out
Omg I haven't watched it yet but that's so cringe! I quickly clicked on the vid last night to see if anyone had mentioned the lack of the word 'ad' in title or thumbnail and no one ever does. Although she did mention in a podcast once that she deleted comments

jjeett

Chatty Member
Are we sure Zak still works for her? I swear I remember her saying he's gone back to chef work.. feel like I said this here recently and got shut down though lol

Lola123

VIP Member
Maybe he’s at risk too? Or her mum and her step dad have moved out to be there but because of her mum’s treatment she needed to be in London? We’ll never find out because she’s very private about her family

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The only person in gleam she was ever friends with was Tanya

She seems to have a good group of university friends that she sees regularly but obviously can’t at the moment
she might have friends from uni, but I can assume with some degree of certainty they all have much busier and much more productive lives than Jess and Zack, she needs friends around her, in similar positions in life, tanya was her only “influencer” friend (not that it was much of a friendship) but she regularly talked about meeting with her manager or going into the gleam offices.

mindlessness

VIP Member
The term ‘Magic Circle’ refers to the top 5 UK firms (Freshfields being one of them). L&W is an American firm so it’s not part of that group but it’s the second largest law firm in the world by revenue (Freshfields is #16). Either way these types of firms have offices all over the world, including in London obviously. Her mom is loaded.
Thank you!