Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elttat

Isn't that one of the best secondary schools in the country?! I wonder if her mum expected her to go to Oxbridge.
Anyway I loved seeing the cat and the greyhound in her new video, but had to fast forward the pram demonstration.
I'm not sure if the video's up - but one of the first videos I ever watched of Jess' was about her taking a gap year because the a-level grades she got, although by no means bad, weren't good enough (paraphrasing her words) based on the kind of school she went to and the grades people typically got/unis they typically went on to. So she was planning to retake

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I wonder if she has already given birth and the last few videos were pre-recorded
I think they're pre-recorded. Today's video I think she's shooting for an Instagram post she posted 9th march. The images would have been approved by Vashi too for her sponsored post so I think today's video is from the start of March?

Lola123

VIP Member
I need to stay as a book channel 😂 I need more book hauls etc, I’d love to see what she has on her kindle that’s unread, the music choices of videos is always what I like

blueblueindigo

long time viewer of jess. not sure if anyone remembers her in uni, saying its more expensive to eat vegan than not as an excuse not to go plant based. same then and same now, she knows whats right to do but her actions wont follow through.

I can't see jess do any sort of mindful consumerism or anything along those lines, she began youtube more than 10 years ago (?) and its been huge expensive hauls after huge expensive hauls. the amount shes bought over the years probably amounts to more than the average joe can imagine. it's hard to undo that sort of behaviour she's cultivated over the years.

• Wow

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
She did that aaages and aaages ago no? She mentioned when it happened it was because the star rating wasn't in-depth enough for her? I think that was why
I just saw that some of the really old reads she still has a star rating on. But I Can't find any written reviews on her goodreads and I thought she used to write a little about some books. Maybe she never did and i'm mixing her up with someone else.

coriander

VIP Member
Watched the new video and they will not move into the new house before xmas 2022. I am not familiar with reno work, but is this normal? It seems to be taking ages.
That would drive me nuts knowing that something is unfinished and just dragging on, how many years has it been now?

mindlessness

VIP Member
Plus Zac can go and apply for jobs if he wants to.
🤷‍♀️ I think he must to some extent be happy with the circumstances as they are.

"Letz talk about books baby" gives me a bit of the same vibe as Jess' book videos
I recently discovered her and I really enjoy her content. I also like * e m m i e * but I find that her videos are so incredibly long (this booktube trend of putting out incredibly long videos because they are not edited get on my nerves...)

Lola123

VIP Member
she might have friends from uni, but I can assume with some degree of certainty they all have much busier and much more productive lives than Jess and Zack, she needs friends around her, in similar positions in life, tanya was her only “influencer” friend (not that it was much of a friendship) but she regularly talked about meeting with her manager or going into the gleam offices.
I know of one of the friends from Edinburgh and she’s from a very very well off background, she only works part time (or at least from what I know of) she’s friends with similar girls and will be out earning quite a few of them! This is the whole point with influencers, they can do fuck all and get paid £££

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
Do you guys think Jess would ever write a novel?

I know she mentioned the pipe dream of her own imprint if she were ever to work in publishing but I can't remember if she has mentioned an intention to write a novel before and I often can't get through her Q&As these days

idk2

VIP Member
Shes with MCSaatchi isnt she? Shes listed under the talent list as Jessie.

midsummer1

"Living at home and having extra pairs of hands - or warm cosy chests for baby to lie on - was invaluable "

I'm giggling at this sentence because yes, Jess, most people live "at home" it's just that for most, "at home" isn't their mom's luxurious mansion.

I'm also very confused about why you need to live with your whole immediate family in order to have an extra set of sheets???
It's chests hahahaha
I also misread it as sheets. It's because of her odd word choice - describing a chest as 'warm and cosy' is unusual

milano

Me too! I would hate for them to interact though, Grace is too trashy for Jess in my mind hahah

saying that Jess follows her but Grace doesn’t follow her back
I second that, it would be so weird 😬, I feel like Jess isn't enough of a girl boss productivity queen for a follow from Grace, but also I wonder if Grace watched her at uni because Jess probably was one of the OG uni YouTubers before Grace and all the rest of them came in (Nayna, in particular, reminds me of Jess).

Interesting because I feel like Grace is constantly fighting to prove that she got where she is not because of her privilege while Jess sort of knows we can't be fooled that easily.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I see what you mean - on the face of things, of course it is fair to compensate someone for their labour.
Sorry if what I'm saying sounds harsh - I'm not arguing with you, I'm arguing with Jess' parents decisions :LOL:

Most people already care for their family out of a sense of duty or love, even in a privileged bubble like Jess'. I don't know anyone who was paid for it. Lots of wealthy people create fake incentives/hardships for their kids to build character, while hers coddled her at every turn.
It's healthy to teach kids that some things are part of life - what's next, doing dishes etc becomes a part time job? I brought that up as an absurd example but it's probably half of what she and Zak do. With this loose definition of work it's becoming clear why they've turned out the way they have.

Jess then went around claiming that she had worked a real job and everyone in her comments always flattered her for being so responsible and hardworking. Plus she was already getting free rent, expenses paid, plus gifts and a trust fund. Is it really 'fair' to create a fake job for your kid, giving them a huge leg up and allowing them to think they have credentials that they don't really have... I'd argue no - it's not even fair to the kid.
Nannying outside the home is a real job obviously - working with another family and meeting their expectations etc.

Also, yes, I certainly think they had hired help as well. There's no way her parents expected her to 'work' during her A-levels etc.
I do agree that in cases like Jess's she probably wasn't doing so much work that it was really a job. And I'm sure it depends on the family, but I would be kind of irritated if it was a situation with parents who could comfortably afford to pay, but were like "No after school activities for you, you need to come straight home and babysit so we don't have to pay anyone! So that was the kind of thing I was saying the kid should get paid for. I'm sure Jess was never told she couldn't pursue an activity she was interested in because she had to babysit instead. I don't think it was terrible of her parents to pay her, but yeah, her acting like it was a full-time job and she was sooooo responsible for it is laughable.

OT, I work doing some outdoor guiding stuff for (in addition to regular individual clients) summer camps full of really wealthy kids, and it's so funny how their parents pull them out of their cushy, comfortable lives and throw them into hard outdoor stuff to "build character" except then it means they're just in totally over their heads because they haven't worked up to it at all.

peppy21

I feel like she doesn’t like her baby’s name. She never says it. She just calls her “baby”. At the start or the vlog she pauses and then calls her “little one”... just call her by her name!

milano

Does anybody have any booktuber recommendations who read as widely as jess? I’ve tried noelle gallagher but i was just wondering if anyone knows of others who post more frequently than jess 😭
I am loving the book content that Jack Edwards makes these days, I also watch Sarcastic Fish and Ciara Foster!