Succession - HBO

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only have two episodes left? Wow, this series has really not been impressive.

Reactions: 2
I thought this week was a return to form. Horrible, awkward, awful form. So many amazing lines. Kendall is toe curling. I wonder who will get him help, his ex wife maybe? I can’t get my head around what Naomi’s doing there, she doesn’t need the money and she certainly doesn’t care. Shiv has been annoying this series which is frustrating as I’d like to see a woman succeed. I know he’s an asshole but I still can’t help but love Roman. Tom saying ‘I’ve taken the wrong drugs in the wrong order and I can’t get happy’ was classic. It’s all just so terrible, I love it.

Reactions: 17
Yes, Shiv’s become a bit of a whinger which is disappointing.

Tom and Greg were great as always.

Reactions: 4
I thought this week was a return to form. Horrible, awkward, awful form. So many amazing lines. Kendall is toe curling. I wonder who will get him help, his ex wife maybe? I can’t get my head around what Naomi’s doing there, she doesn’t need the money and she certainly doesn’t care. Shiv has been annoying this series which is frustrating as I’d like to see a woman succeed. I know he’s an asshole but I still can’t help but love Roman. Tom saying ‘I’ve taken the wrong drugs in the wrong order and I can’t get happy’ was classic. It’s all just so terrible, I love it.
Absolutely brilliant line.

What a deeply depressing, brilliant episode that was. Very dark but showed the absolute awfulness of all of them.

Reactions: 6
Absolutely brilliant line.

What a deeply depressing, brilliant episode that was. Very dark but showed the absolute awfulness of all of them.
I’m really feeling for Tom, even though he’s bloody horrible and bought all this on himself. It’s a testament to how fantastic Matthew McFadden is.

I love how much succession seems to have blown up in the last few weeks. I keep singing Billy Joel honesty and every opportunity now though 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When Tom was trying to convince himself and Shiv that the wine from their vineyard was actually ok and just an unusual, acquired taste…then actually acknowledged it was just really horrible.
Such a good analogy of his and Shivs marriage.

Reactions: 16
I’m really feeling for Tom, even though he’s bloody horrible and bought all this on himself. It’s a testament to how fantastic Matthew McFadden is.

I love how much succession seems to have blown up in the last few weeks. I keep singing Billy Joel honesty and every opportunity now though 😂
I very underrated song which I absolutely love, now ruined forever by Kendal.

• Haha
The lady who plays Gerri said on a chat show the other day that the ending of this season is very dramatic and upsetting. I hope Logan dies. I hope nothing happens to Kendall!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
The lady who plays Gerri said on a chat show the other day that the ending of this season is very dramatic and upsetting. I hope Logan dies. I hope nothing happens to Kendall!
I’m gutted there hasn’t been more Gerri this season. She’s my absolute favourite, and I love the Gerri/Roman weird duck-buddy arrangement 😆

Logan made a point of saying at the start of the season that he was making Gerri acting CEO as a ‘meat shield’ (such a gross phrase!) but disappointingly they’ve done nothing further with that.

Reactions: 3
My favourite from the siblings was the ‘who’s not here’ …’your mom’ ‘your dad’ ‘your kids’ 🙈😂😂

• Haha
Agree with everything everyone has said! Absolutely love this show, it has felt slightly slow in places though. I find watching it with subtitles is loads better cus you miss things otherwise but maybe that's just me. I defo agree that you couldn't/shouldn't really binge a series like this, its too intense, too clever to binge one after the other without letting it really settle in your head. I don't think it's going to end well for Kendall

Reactions: 5
I don't know if any of you have seen The Big Short, I love it and have watched it so many times. Other than the overly handwringing ending, it's a great perspective on the financial crash of 2008 along with Margin Call.

Jeremy Strong plays Vinnie (Ryan Gosling's character answers the phone to him "Hello, is that America's angriest hedge fund?")

All hail the acting because whereas Ken gives me the absolute ick with is insecure neediness, Vinnie is SUPER attractive.

View attachment 869013

Obviously I just wanted an excuse to share Vinnie's big dick energy 😄
Just popping in to say a) these are possibly up in the best two films ever. I can rewatch them again and again and again.

b) I was intending on being slow with S3 but that has backfired. I just love it so much.

• Heart
the moment Romans dick pick hit logans phone!! I was absolutely dying. The tiniest action that can duck everything up and maybe help shiv?

Shiv and Tom's moment in this ep was hard to watch

do we think kendall drowns?! It'd be fitting for him to go the same way the other boy went 😬

Here's a little article from the Daily Mail about Jeremy Strong's attitude to playing Kendal.

Brian Cox is obviously a bit old school and subscribes to the Laurence Olivier school of thought of “Why don't you just try acting?”.

I also can't believe how grey Jeremy Strong is IRL.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.