Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She looked a little shocked that he knew she was pregnant as she had told very few people, makes sense for Tom to have spoken to Mastson prior to the wake

Thank you!!! I was wracking my brains trying to work out how he knew! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
---
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo.
I thought the same - there’s no way any of the three of them will ‘win’ in the end: Mattson is going to leave Shiv out in the cold, Kendall is losing his kids, and Roman is headed for a breakdown.

Connor will live out his days quietly and lazily in Slovenia or wherever he ends up, and he’ll be happy with that, but the other three are fucked.
---
I just discovered something awesome on another forum: the woman Lady Caroline introduced as Logan’s mistress when they were married was played by Brian Cox’s real-life wife! 😮

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

Kerrie86

VIP Member
Please please please can we put any spoilers for the final episode in a spoiler tag? I know some people will want to know but I’d be so gutted if I saw it accidentally!

Wasn't it strange the personality change that Tom had when everyone was congratulating him? Suddenly I was watching him like "...huh. he does actually fit the bill pretty well..." there was no more pandering ass-kissing, no more stupid jokes or trying to fit in. Suddenly he had his business face on which we saw glimpses of during the election episode, but suddenly he really seemed serious. Kinda loved it.
I’ve been think about Tom too, and how he’s probably not as useless, work wise, as we might have assumed. He seems to have been running ATN pretty well, managed the election night coverage without many hitches beyond the interactive screen glitch, and seems to take his work seriously. He’s certainly been putting in the hours of graft this last season. So yeah, on balance he’s probably no less competent than a lot of people in similar positions.
---

That’s fascinating - I never realised they had changed even slightly.

My absolute favourite bit is the elephant. Because what else would you do when you’re a busy billionaire business owner and the kids are bored of a Sunday afternoon? Hire an elephant for rides around the garden!

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I hope the finale shows a more emotional Kendall- he has suddenly become stone cold, harsh and steely. It seems like normal Kendall must be in there somewhere.

Lost all respect for Shiv when she said she’d take no part in parenting and would leave it all to the nanny.

Kieran was amazing this episode.

I miss Stewy.

Silverback

VIP Member
I loved it but it also didn’t completely track for me that Shiv suddenly changed her mind. Roman was right that none of them should be CEO, but that sudden about-turn came out of nowhere.

I feel like I’m still absorbing what I just watched but the final fight between the sibs stands out, as do the scenes at the mum’s house. Ultimately, a grim ending for all of them. Kendall shoving Roman’s stitches into his shoulder to make him bleed showed how fucked they all are. All they know is pain.

Smca53

VIP Member
Perfect. Just perfect.

Getting the siblings to reunite for a while felt like a proper goodbye.

Roman was right - Logan didn’t want any of them to have it. So the fact that none of them got it, was probably ‘right’.

Kendall and water, eh? He made it clear what would happen if he didn’t get the company: he would die. And I don’t think he was being dramatic (well he as but, you know, also truthful). Every time he’s been shut out of the company for whatever reason throughout the series he’s utterly lost it, turned to drugs, couldn’t function without the company. He is only ever ‘ok’ when he’s in with the company.

Roman is free 💙 god love him.

I thought Tom would take all and he and Shiv would be the next generation of powerful Roy’s - I don’t hate that ending.

I’m gonna miss it so much 🥲

• Heart

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
So guys.... it happened. I had a Roman dream last night. 🙈

Let's just say the slime puppy had no problems performing 😬

I blame you all.

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I felt hope for Roman in that last scene with his cocktail when he smiled . Now he’s sold the company he can finally try to move on from all the toxicity he was dealing with. He needs so much therapy 🩷
yes!!! it was absolutely (imo) a hopeful ending for him (kieran acted it so well in that you could almost see that he’d dropped that weight he was carrying) - i do think there’s a good person at the core of roman, so hopefully he uses this freedom to (a) get therapy and (b) find something that truly interests him. he did have some business talent tbh, if he could find the right place for it 💙

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I'd have liked to have seen more of Ewan and Lady Caroline
same! ewan in particular is such an interesting character (but i also like that he’s used sparingly) - the “i loved him, i suppose” about logan in his eulogy. i always felt like he was the only person who was really able to get to the core of who logan was, understandably i guess given their childhood. but, even seeing that core, he didn’t really like him.

i did read that james cromwell had long covid quite badly for a lot of last year so it could be that they wanted to use him more, but cut his time down to a few key scenes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Nadia Vulvokov

Chatty Member
Just listened to the official podcast, and it's really made me appreciate the finale on a whole other level. It is a true masterpiece and a modern day tragic saga.

Knew from reading here how seriously Jeremy took his method acting but he went to a whole other plane by the sounds of things. He actually nearly jumped in the Hudson and he drank the Fit For A King smoothie!

• Wow

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
It's funny how the male characters do detestable things but people still want to shag and marry them but the only woman to cross that line is blacklisted.
I think that the issue with Shiv is how despicable she was to Tom, she used and abused him, wanting an open marriage as soon as they wed, not telling him about the baby and then drinking deliberately after telling him, let alone the way she constantly belittled him.

While Roman and Kendall behaved despicably in the business forum, we never saw them treat their partners, or even former partners with such cruelty, that’s why Shiv is disliked so much imo.

And as for the only woman to behave badly, I wanted to shag Naomi, she behaved terribly, Willa was also not particularly nice, former sex worker out to milk Connor for all her worth, their crimes were overlooked by people on here.

• Heart

Popcornshovel

VIP Member
There was a scene written for final episode where in the disagreement/fight between Kendall and his siblings he pulls a gun. He tried to insist it was a real gun, with live rounds. Claimed the real threat was needed so the reactions were real. Rest of the cast understandably went berserk and it almost ended in him being assaulted.
Info from relative of a cast member who told someone I know.
Wow! That totally fits with whats been in the media about his method acting though. What a bonkers idea!

If they did have an idea to include a gun I'm glad they didn't...the scene was perfect as it was - like a silly siblings squabble but in an office in full view of everyone else.

Silverback

VIP Member
I actually hope the kids do get frozen out, it would do them all a favour to be out of the family business.

caremum

VIP Member
When Kendal went swimming in Barbados I expected him to drown or something awful to happen either Roman commit suicide or something.

capriallie

VIP Member
I think I'm on my own here but I don't believe it's the end for Kendall. He'll sulk for a bit and then move on to his next obsession. Like when he and his siblings made an attempt at starting their own media venture 'TheHundred' - he seems to fully invest his body and soul into whatever the next deal is. Yea he's devastated about losing Waystar (his supposed birthright) but I can see him moving on to a new nightmarish business idea and the cycle of emotional torture will continue.

Also, isn't Pierce still on the cards? Maybe he's going to head up a direct opposition to the new Waystar. Or did I miss that deal falling through?
I see it as Kendall will be all depressed and get really back into drugs like we’ve seen before and keep trying at failed ventures like The Hundred or purchase other tech start ups. He’d continue to cycle through the various traumas, ignore his kids and alienate them and Rava further and probably end up killing himself or overdosing.