Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chocolatepeaches

Chatty Member
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

mrsbucket

VIP Member
I think I'm on my own here but I don't believe it's the end for Kendall. He'll sulk for a bit and then move on to his next obsession. Like when he and his siblings made an attempt at starting their own media venture 'TheHundred' - he seems to fully invest his body and soul into whatever the next deal is. Yea he's devastated about losing Waystar (his supposed birthright) but I can see him moving on to a new nightmarish business idea and the cycle of emotional torture will continue.

Also, isn't Pierce still on the cards? Maybe he's going to head up a direct opposition to the new Waystar. Or did I miss that deal falling through?

Reactions: 12

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I always thought Shiv wasn't as clever as she thought she was. Think Tom proved that twice when she underestimated him.
i always thought that too! i think she had a very inflated sense of her own abilities and, when it came down to it, made the wrong decisions a lot of the time.

i would argue though that tom was a weakness of hers rather than her underestimating him; he was only able to betray her the first time because she begged logan not to make him the sacrificial lamb in season two. i think she realised that in the end. one of the main reasons i’m sad that it’s over is that we’re not going to be able to see the power dynamic shift in that relationship, or them trying to raise a child together. it would be so interesting to watch.

Reactions: 11

Smca53

VIP Member
Not particularly nice but Willa didn't do anything terrible - she was honest with Connor.

Romans behaviour towards Geri was atrocious. Kendall is awful with his ex wife.

I don't remember Naomi I'll have to re-watch.

I just didn't think Shiv was the worse to warrant so much dislike but I'm fine being disagreed with.
---

Just making an observation on a gossip board. People are entitled to their opinions but I was feeling a bit sorry for Shiv!

Completely nothing to see here - as you were.
I liked Shiv. I liked how well she represented a woman struggling to assert herself in a traditionally male world and I spent the whole season wanting her to let her guard down a bit and learn to love Tom back, find happiness working away from the Waystar shitshow and show them all that she could be even better than they are 😅

Arguably Marcia is a cold hearted bitch and I liked her for it. Same with Lady Caroline actually, who is widely loved

Chuckles the Clown Kerry was shagging an older married man for his status and money I warmed to her over season 4

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Wasn't it strange the personality change that Tom had when everyone was congratulating him? Suddenly I was watching him like "...huh. he does actually fit the bill pretty well..." there was no more pandering ass-kissing, no more stupid jokes or trying to fit in. Suddenly he had his business face on which we saw glimpses of during the election episode, but suddenly he really seemed serious. Kinda loved it.
Yes!! Exactly this. Tom‘s whole face, demeanour and even posture changed in those final scenes. He suddenly had gravitas.

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
The only thing I’m fairly certain about is that the three younger siblings are all going to get fucked over (Connor may also go down but he’s fairly oblivious to everything around him.)

My money is on Matsson taking over and putting a stooge in as CEO, I did think Greg but everyone’s Tom theories fit much better.

My favourite bit yesterday was the look on their faces at the mausoleum and Connor being in on his father’s plans despite his belief in cryogenics, but at least it was $5M well spent 😂

Poor old Tiny Tears too!

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
It's funny how the male characters do detestable things but people still want to shag and marry them but the only woman to cross that line is blacklisted.

• Heart

grace28

Chatty Member
I loved it but god it was depressing.

Loved the arc that it was seemingly those who started with nothing ended up on top i.e Tom and Willa.

• Heart

Walkthehemline

Phenomenal ending.

SO many good moments but the siblings in the meeting room has to be one of the best scenes in the entire show. The backstabbing (truly no holds barred) and mental unravelling 😦

There’s just so much to digest!!

• Heart
The men in Succession do nothing for me at all. So even as a heterosexual woman, I’d say:

Snog: Willa
Marry: Gerri
Avoid: everyone in the show with XY chromosomes (with maybe an exception for Adrien Brody)

• Heart
  • Haha

emerald

VIP Member
I don't want any spinoffs. I like the implications and filling in the blanks about the characters' pasts more.

Smca53

VIP Member
I wonder if Tom’s apology to her was also about the fact that he knows he’s about to totally fuck her over, more than it was about missing the funeral

I wouldn’t mind if Tom and Shiv reunited to be super power couple though, I can see Tom saying let’s do this together Siobhan, like we planned from the start 🥰 all the feels

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Well, that's all folks. The big question has finally been answered.

No, not the matter of who will succeed Logan, but the mystery surrounding the parentage of Kendall's kids. They sure kept us hanging for that one.

Thought it was a great ending. Very fitting and appropriate.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

mrsdewinter

Shiv is clearly going to be fucked over by Matsson. She'll help him get the deal signed but no way is he picking her as CEO - I don't think he thinks much of her at all, except for her useful connections. He thinks all of the Roy kids are jokes and as Logan said, "not serious people" capable of actually successfully running a multi-billion dollar corporation. I think he'll choose Tom - he's experienced, very ambitious and eager to please, and Mencken will approve after the hand he had in winning him the presidency (for now!).

Reactions: 10