Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
There’s no way Shiv takes over the US operations for Waystar/GoJo. Definitely Tom!
The more I think about this, the more convinced I am. From a plotting perspective having Tom miss the funeral is interesting as it made him seem like less of a ‘main player’, and it strongly hints that running ATN is where all his time & energy is going now. But downplaying/sidelining him in the penultimate episode will ultimately make any ‘reveal’ of him as Mattson’s CEO far more dramatic
---
Finale trailer here, for those who are interested:

---
Ooooh, this is clever: Brian Cox was actually at the filming of the funeral scenes so as not to give away the fact that it was Logan’s funeral.

Bet that messed with JS’s ‘method’ somewhat!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Silverback

VIP Member
ooo well remembered!

it’s such a tragic ending for kendall tbh. i don’t see a way he comes back from it as he almost certainly thought he was promised the job and that it would be the thing that would give his life meaning. what happens to him next? i can’t see anything good :(
there is a quote by Jeremy saying that it’s the end for Kendall, he has nothing left. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve been thinking about the endings to The Sopranos and Mad Men as examples of other ‘great’ tv series, and they both ended with a degree of ambiguity.
I feel like we’ll get the same here - Succession tends not to spell things out or make things super-obvious anyway, so I don’t predict a definitive ‘finalisation’ in the offing.

Perhaps Menkin will see Greg as a compliant, dopey puppet and he’ll push him into the CEO job. He’s always had a way of intentionally or accidentally discovering secrets.

There was a bit in it where I wasn’t sure what was being implied. When Roman left the interment and Shiv looked worried and puzzled and suddenly went asked Frank and Karl “how bad was dad”?
I have read more and more over the series Roman as a survior of child SA. His punishment kink, looking for pain, overtly sexual but cant have sex.

I dont think logan abused him, but I dont think he protected him either. I think Shiv saw Roman and cogs were turning in her head. Of course Frank and Karl just gave bland platitudes.
---
Also in terms of my call for the finale:

I think the three kids are going to be frozen out. Kendall and Roman are still only 'temporary CEO's and have made some potentially horrible calls. The Gojo deal with dodgy numbers, aligning with Mencken, Making the Mencken call (which may still be wrong). Even Living + could be said to be a wrong move.

I reckon the election is going to go Jimenez, ATN's rep ruined. GoJo deal fails because of dodgy numbers and Pierce pull out. I think the old guard will vote in Gerri or someone like Stewy because the kids are 'not serious people'.

If the GoJo deal goes through, then Tom is kept as puppet CEO and shiv is shivved. Greg keeps his job.

The kids all realise they fucked up and go to 'family clear your head time' in Barbados with their Mum.

Last edited:

grace28

Chatty Member
Me and my OH have got some nice breakfast bits too watch it with tomorrow we're so excited 😆

I'm coming off twitter now as I will ruin it for myself.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
One of favourite bits was Lady Caroline saying 'blimey O'Riley'. Really took me by surprise. Also referring to Branston as 'war pickle'. So random.

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I hope the finale shows a more emotional Kendall- he has suddenly become stone cold, harsh and steely. It seems like normal Kendall must be in there somewhere.
tbh. i feel like this has always been kendall’s destiny. he has become, or is becoming, logan - like the show was always foreshadowing he would (you’re my number one boy and all that). the scene at the wake where he kept telling roman that he’d “fucked it” was pure logan.

honestly i feel like the three central children will end up becoming the original roy children. kendall is logan, pushing everyone away, toxic relationships, will end up alone. shiv is ewan, tries to be more moralistic. will maybe move sideways into politics again or philanthropy. roman is rose, probably destined to not make old bones.

caremum

VIP Member
He is my absolute fav Darcy!! I would happily rewatch that movie any given time.

dh asked what happened in Succession after not watching for 4 seasons. I said if he wanted to watch I'd happily rewatch.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Emmy nominations today - come on Jeremy!!
the nominations are STACKED! so happy to see alan ruck finally getting his recognition.

i worry lead actor will split the vote though.

kieran/sarah/matthew for me!

also, nothing against him, but i’m amazed that nicholas braun continues to rack up noms for what is by far the easiest role on the show.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The only thing I’m fairly certain about is that the three younger siblings are all going to get fucked over (Connor may also go down but he’s fairly oblivious to everything around him.)

My money is on Matsson taking over and putting a stooge in as CEO, I did think Greg but everyone’s Tom theories fit much better.

My favourite bit yesterday was the look on their faces at the mausoleum and Connor being in on his father’s plans
despite his belief in cryogenics, but at least it was $5M well spent 😂

Poor old Tiny Tears too!
I did LOL at the 'let me show you around' line. Connor is brilliant and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

As for Tom, he would definitely fit with Matsson wanting a stooge CEO. He knows Tom will do exactly what he tells him to do

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Absolutely not. Peter doesn't like the nobbies with his special cheese so they have to go in the freezer

• Haha

strawb

VIP Member
i'm on season 4 episode 5, and i was dying at karl & frank going ''poor bastards, hanging in the window like peking duck'' while the norwegians were in the sauna 😂 so when i finish this, i have the evening and tomorrow afternoon for 4 more episodes and i'll catch up for the finale :love:

• Heart