Styled By Susie and Susie Hasler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello ladies. I am absolutely livid about mumsnet's removal of the next thread. Where does a thread become a TAAT rather than a number 2 or number 3 thread. You could get rid of vast numbers of threads if you removed all the followups.

The feminist in me used to get angry when I saw 'my husband doesn't like it' and want to say 'ignore him'. I am now starting to realise in some cases the husbands are trying to be kind.
I can promise you mine was definitely being kind I looked heavily pregnant I’ve no idea what I was thinking

Reactions: 2
She started in 2012 with some folders she says. Those same pdfs in those folders are being issued as part of an apparent personalised and professional service 8 years later.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She's off for a coffee with TOMM this morning! I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that Costa...I mean wanky independent coffee shop that sells Gulliver size espressos.

Reactions: 5
She's off for a coffee with TOMM this morning! I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that Costa...I mean wanky independent coffee shop that sells Gulliver size espressos.
I know! I just saw that on her stories!! They must be wanting to ‘clear the air’ shall we say *insert evil laugh* 😆
Also what is with susies constant, ‘I’m off social media guys’ ....yeh right love, you’re literally watching this thread like a hawk!!!!

Sorry what’s a TAAT

Last edited:
  • Haha
I had a nosey at the marketing lady she is using to see what its all about. Apparently you need to be constant on stories to be successful and popular. Talking about how to get more business and money coming in but I cant help but think she was so popular when she wasn't trying to conquer social media.

For me its simple, to get more custom and also keep customers coming back for more it needs to be more personalised and more relevant to each person. The generic send outs are doing nothing for lots of people so if she invested the money she was wasting on a marketing manager and put some genuine effort into the service she offers she would be the success she wants to be. Or maybe people are simply bored of seeing the desperation seeping out that she wants to make it big as an influencer. She grew the business too quickly and is now scrambling for ideas and some ways to get quick money coming in.

I had a nosey at the marketing lady she is using to see what its all about. Apparently you need to be constant on stories to be successful and popular. Talking about how to get more business and money coming in but I cant help but think she was so popular when she wasn't trying to conquer social media.

For me its simple, to get more custom and also keep customers coming back for more it needs to be more personalised and more relevant to each person. The generic send outs are doing nothing for lots of people so if she invested the money she was wasting on a marketing manager and put some genuine effort into the service she offers she would be the success she wants to be. Or maybe people are simply bored of seeing the desperation seeping out that she wants to make it big as an influencer. She grew the business too quickly and is now scrambling for ideas and some ways to get quick money coming in.
What’s the name of the marketing person?

Reactions: 1
I’ve had experience of being styled by Susie and I think you are all being way out of line. She offers an affordable, positive service that I have benefited from. Her style is her own and she doesn’t push that onto her clients.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People are allowed a different opinion to you. Also tattle don’t really like it when posters sign up just to defend someone on a thread, FYI. It’s not Mumsnet.

Reactions: 16
I’ve had experience of being styled by Susie and I think you are all being way out of line. She offers an affordable, positive service that I have benefited from. Her style is her own and she doesn’t push that onto her clients.
I'm being out of line? For posting about my negative experience? I have never been personal about susies style etc and have kept it completely about my experience and how I see the company being run.
If you think I'm out of order for being hundreds out of pocket for being analysed as the wrong season and shape by them then your defending of them has no basis. My mental health suffered due to them getting it wrong and me thinking there was something wrong with me for not fitting in with the cuts and colours I was told to purchase. When I contacted them to talk about it I was shut down and basically told to go away which left me feeling i had no where to turn about it and i should just put up and shut up.
I haven't once told someone that has had a positive experience with them that they are wrong so please don't come on here with the aim of having a go at anyone that doesn't hold the same opinion as you. That's not really following the "be kind" ethos is it!

Until you know the full story don't tar everyone with the same brush. Trading standards are taking my complaint seriously and they are the ones that matter and it seems there are several of us going down that route now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
If the business allowed people to express dissatisfaction then people wouldn't feel compelled to vent elsewhere.

Reactions: 13
You were SBS’s first client, is that right? So going back quite a few years, I imagine.

If you take the time to read the experiences from those who have accessed the service recently, you’ll notice that the general feedback is that it’s not personalised and much of the information is dated (so probably exactly the same as what you were advised all that time ago). And not only that but there is (was) no route to offer constructive feedback and that people were blocked or received unprofessional and unhelpful responses. That’s not good business practice. And I think it’s fair that it’s discussed.

Reactions: 9
If you bought something from a shop that didnt work and that shop basically barred you from entering ever again, you wouldn't be very happy would you? Its exactly the same thing what she was doing. Misleading people into thinking everyone was 100% satisfied with her services when the reality was not everyone was. We are all entitled to our opinion, there is a rave section on here where you can start a thread to rave about people so you can always start one up on there for Susie should you so wish. This thread is to discuss the dissatisfaction with how she has been running her social media pages and her services. If people want to comment on her fashion choices, make up etc since that's what she makes her living based on, then that is perfectly acceptable. If she was selling cars and we chose to comment on her appearance, I would say it is a different matter......in my opinion you can't be 'the face' of your business and moan when people have something to say about that face🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was so tempted to buy an analysis, I feel rubbish about myself at the moment and lost with clothes (6 months of shorts & T-shirt will do that I guess) but I’m really not sure now. I’m studying every new analysis and some I think are just wrong. I’m not an expert but even I can see some people are being told they’re an hourglass when they’re rectangle. Colours I struggle with more but it’s clear that even some of the stylists haven’t got their own colours right. One in particular actually 😬
Some of the stylists look amazing and if I’m honest, I’d only buy an analysis if I could choose the stylist because there’s one in particular who always looks great and seems to know exactly what she’s talking about.

I’m interested in the big changes being announced though.

Reactions: 1
Requesting all posters include their analysed hashtags is backfiring as it's clear as day many have the wrong shape and/or season!
I've been doing lots of reading on this as I'm convinced my shape has been analysed incorrectly (although I'm no expert of course 😉)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.