Styled By Susie #3 Silence by Susie, Patreon fail, she'll write it all up in the Daily Mail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would love to see MHS latest post but am blocked šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Not blocked by any stylists though so fck knows what MHS took offence to

Reactions: 2
Emilyā€™s the one whoā€™s laughing here. Susie has exposed her to massive group of women and now Emily will be able to sell her services. meanwhile susie is no where to be seen and is just knocking up likes or whatever on patreon. Such a bad business move by susie but serious props to Emily for going at it alone, sheā€™ll be absolutely fine
I thought this. I don't think Emily has done it on purpose at all but it couldn't have worked out better! I wouldn't have found her if it wasn't for SBS as I'm not local but I love her insta and attitude and will continue to support her. If she does online shops etc I will definitely buy one as I (especially now) think she's very genuine and loves the job.

Reactions: 6
I wonder what conditions Emily has to abide by in leaving? SBS must surely have had some sort of contract and/or rules that have to be adhered to for a certain period of time now? šŸ¤” Be really interesting to see how Emily promotes herself and what services sheā€™ll be offering!

Reactions: 2
I wonder what conditions Emily has to abide by in leaving? SBS must surely have had some sort of contract and/or rules that have to be adhered to for a certain period of time now? šŸ¤” Be really interesting to see how Emily promotes herself and what services sheā€™ll be offering!
I think I read someone said they were self employed so I donā€™t think there would be an employment contract so to speak. My guessing is Susie thought they would never leave so more than likely didnā€™t have anything in place to protect her customer base etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Reading the MHS post from yesterday where she gushes about the business success event shes been on this weekend she says she only launched her business 2 months ago!
That would explain the low amount of followers.

Reactions: 1
To me thatā€™s the kind of reply youā€™d post because youā€™re bitter AF, but need to save face so you politely comment so you donā€™t come off as a total B****
Thatā€™s what I thought. The ā€œyou have a bright futureā€ is a bit patronising seeing as she was already a stylist in her own right before SBS. She had her own benchmark, thanks!

Reactions: 5
Reading the MHS post from yesterday where she gushes about the business success event shes been on this weekend she says she only launched her business 2 months ago!
That would explain the low amount of followers.
SBS had 18000 FB followers and has 31000 Instagram followers.
Why would she take advice from someone with just 600 followers?! Especially since SBS seem to use the amount of followers as a way to employ stylists!
Also a company with the name ā€œHustleā€ in it brings up so many negative connotations rather than the ā€œbe positive alwaysā€œ schtick she bangs on about.

Reactions: 12
Someone on MN made a good point, there's been no mention officially from SBS or any of the stylists about Emily leaving, that seems strange.

Reactions: 4
Susie is really going to suffer from this. Sheā€™s basically trashed her own business, and left it wide open for Emily to swoop it up! I wish Emily all the best. But I really canā€™t imagine how Susie must be feeling right now, and I wonder what on Earth motivated these awful decisions. Why would a woman who successfully built up a great business suddenly make decisions that have crumbled it down all around her? The mind boggles.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
SBS had 18000 FB followers and has 31000 Instagram followers.
Why would she take advice from someone with just 600 followers?! Especially since SBS seem to use the amount of followers as a way to employ stylists!
Also a company with the name ā€œHustleā€ in it brings up so many negative connotations rather than the ā€œbe positive alwaysā€œ schtick she bangs on about.
ā€œHustleā€ to me also suggests ā€œboss babeā€ and all that shite.

Reactions: 11
Hi, Iā€™m new! Well I have been following along for a while... What a tit show bizarre few weeks itā€™s been in the world of SBS!

Hurrah for Emily. A tiny slice of the 700 odd Patreon pie OR thousands of Facebookers all in one, less regulated group, all familiar with her and her style. Absolute no brainer.

Susie left the back door WIDE open for that one. Of course someone would set up a splinter group. And of course there would be a gap for someone to take the lead! Shame her marketing expert didnā€™t spot that massive own goal (or any of the others for that matter!)

Have to agree that MHS is an absolute chancer - her posts are all buzz words and salesy sound bites. And yep, smacks of MLM. ā€œHere I am with a bottle of Tattinger, being successful, with some successful people paying Ā£200 a month to be taught how to be successful. I can help you be successful just like meeeee.ā€
What, with 600 followers and a marketing for dummies guide in your back pocket???

Err no!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I doubt sheā€™ll have very much Conditions/restrictions. I donā€™t think susie seems like she was savvy enough to have any break clauses. You can see with the way that she responds to stuff that itā€™s very knee jerk or reactively. I doubt she ever thought any of her stylists would leave her ā€˜boomingā€™ business. Think thatā€™ll have bitten her on the bum right about now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The whole Hustle "profile" clashes so much with SBS it makes no sense whatsoever. How can a woman unprofessional enough to post business stories in her pjs represent a stylist? The mind boggles.
I know Susie did post in her own pjs, but it was her "personal"stories, making her more approchable. Like it or not, it was coherent and it fitted well with her friendly approach. Her marketing "guru" prides herself on being a mess - and I don't mean physical mess (or not only). Why, just why.

Reactions: 6
Sorry but two sets of crappy behaviour don't make a right. If Emily was so opposed to the overhaul then she'd have been gone straightaway. She's seen her popularity on the new FB group, used it to test the waters then decided to swoop in and claim a large portion of the old fanbase. Shady AF. Honestly there are so many other stylists out there who are talented and not sneaky.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think Emily was sneaky at all, she probably had to check she was even able to escape legally, it's been done as quickly as possible. Also she has kids to support. Nothing wrong with checking a business idea will work before jumping into it, that is just good business sense. I don't say that as a fan girl but she'd have been stupid not to.

Reactions: 19
Sorry but two sets of crappy behaviour don't make a right. If Emily was so opposed to the overhaul then she'd have been gone straightaway. She's seen her popularity on the new FB group, used it to test the waters then decided to swoop in and claim a large portion of the old fanbase. Shady AF. Honestly there are so many other stylists out there who are talented and not sneaky.
But if itā€™s her livelihood she probably had to see if it was viable first before jumping ship.
It has only been about 10 days and SBS seem to do everything in a rush so I doubt Emily had much warning.

Reactions: 8
what's so crappy? She is earning a living, it sounds sensible not to rush into anything. I don't understand the gushing about her, she seems nice enough but not more, but nothing wrong in thinking things through and finding out if they would work or not.

I tell you what, that's exactly what Susie should have done...

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.