Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
It’s been sad to see Eve struggling with mental health/eating disorder. I think the summer will do her the world of good , if she slows down a bit. Her summer schedule seems very hectic, with Majorca, Peru,
Spain etc.
After watching her recent video I couldn’t help but feel all these trips are just her running away from her problems. She’s gonna burn herself out with all that travelling around.

Reactions: 2

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
Warning: big rant incoming.

But I am SO FED UP of studytubers not declaring their ads properly. They keep making the declaration smaller and smaller.

FYI the ASA regulations in the UK say you must know something is an ad before you click on it, so either have it clearly in the thumbnail or title or both.

Does this look clear to you???

In fact, let's make it a fun game: spot the "AD"

View attachment 487082

View attachment 487084

View attachment 487088

View attachment 487081

They make SO MUCH MONEY off these sponsorships. The least they can do is stop misleading people. And its intentional. You can tell by how they keep making it smaller and smaller, seeing what they can get away with...
It annoys me so much! I really don't care if youtuber post loads of clearly declared ads, becuase they're usually mentioned in one part of a video and don't affect the majority of the content (and I have ad block on anyway). But I want to know before clicking on the video if it's going to contain an ad!

Oaisoeo9:93

oh wow, why did she do that? she had a large following and her content was pretty much recommended by youtube, and suddenly one day she deleted her ig account and her channel went on a hiatus...just to delete most of her videos later? it doesn't make any sense to me:unsure:
I think she wants to start afresh and change her content. My guess is that during quarantine and moving to Dubai, she lost all her study motivation she once had and showed that through her content. If you take a look it’s pretty much beauty and fashion now. Changing her content is absolutely fine but deleting videos that a lot of people found useful for studying isn’t really ideal :(
Due to the change, she is losing views that she once had bc pretty much everyone subscribed to her because of her study content which doesn’t exist anymore. ☹

• Sad

nemidiso

Really liked UnJadedJades new video! Finally a studytuber video with an honest and kinda different perspective

Magallanes

is lucrezia chloe considered a studytuber? i'd like to start a thread about her but i don't know if she's, let's say, "relevant" enough, she still has a pretty small channel, but she looks like she looks up to grace beverley and all that TALA jazz

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
i got into 2 unis for september 2020 and from watching ruby, its really massively put me off going to uni. i want to do nursing but seeing people spend like 100% of their time studying, like ruby and i just don't think i can do it anymore. just wondering if anyone has felt the same, its starting to give me anxiety and ive had to stop with the videos as i just don't feel i can emotionally or mentally be healthy whilst being at university
Ruby is probably in 0.1% population if not less, try other uni vloggers on youtube its so much more than studying

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
I got the feeling that Eve is scared to stop and slow down. Scared of what will happen if she doesn’t fill her life with these distractions.

jerihoam

Can someone start a thread for Elena? I actually quite like Elena, but she gets herself involved in so much drama it could be interesting to catch up

• Heart

playstationbore

i got into 2 unis for september 2020 and from watching ruby, its really massively put me off going to uni. i want to do nursing but seeing people spend like 100% of their time studying, like ruby and i just don't think i can do it anymore. just wondering if anyone has felt the same, its starting to give me anxiety and ive had to stop with the videos as i just don't feel i can emotionally or mentally be healthy whilst being at university

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
to say she has an interest in food though the food she eats and cooks is so basic, minimal and plain. Like oats and water or plain boiled vegetables
She might only eat plain food because she's scared of most food though. My friend with anorexia only ate plain toast and plain cereal, yet she was constantly looking at pictures of food online, researching recipes, talking about food etc.

Hollys family dynamic seems very cult like and i think she has some major issues with restrictive eating and overexercising. I reckon she might even have RED's as she seems very underdeveloped for a 22 ? year old woman.

I think Lydia from what ive seen is more realistic and down to earth

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Do you feel that “older” studytubers are struggling to stay relevant?
I think there is a clear pattern in studytubers
- studying & productivity aka their studytube days
- food : going vegan
- extreme exercising (running, gymnastics, yoga etc in unhealthy quantity )
- mental health “awareness”
Definitely. Holly Gabrielle is one, and Courtney Daniella that I can think of.

Merpedy

VIP Member
It annoys me so much! I really don't care if youtuber post loads of clearly declared ads, becuase they're usually mentioned in one part of a video and don't affect the majority of the content (and I have ad block on anyway). But I want to know before clicking on the video if it's going to contain an ad!
It's the videos where the whole thing is basically a huge advertisement that annoy me.
I don't care for your yearly review or whatever the hell you're writing about, it's clearly just to promote the app

Reactions: 1

Magallanes

She’s only just gone and deleted all her useful videos too! Ever since she moved to Dubai, she’s rebranded herself as a care free girl. Barely any mention of studies and deleted all her study related videos apart from 2.
oh wow, why did she do that? she had a large following and her content was pretty much recommended by youtube, and suddenly one day she deleted her ig account and her channel went on a hiatus...just to delete most of her videos later? it doesn't make any sense to me:unsure:

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
It’s been sad to see Eve struggling with mental health/eating disorder. I think the summer will do her the world of good , if she slows down a bit. Her summer schedule seems very hectic, with Majorca, Peru,
Spain etc.

Magallanes

I generally dislike them for reasons everyone has mentioned above (completely unrealistic, hurtful for one's self-esteem, boring, etc.) but I do enjoy Kharmamedic and I'm not even a medical student. I never watch those study with me videos though, because it just stresses me out when I invariably can't focus nearly as long as these influencers. I like the occasional tips or day in my life clips.
i've also started watching kharma medic (after months of youtube recommending it to me haha) and i like what he films and how
so far he's been out of controversies (unlike some studytubers) and he seems a nice guy, yet he hasn't taken part in the studytube project channel, i wonder why!

Oaisoeo9:93

is lucrezia chloe considered a studytuber? i'd like to start a thread about her but i don't know if she's, let's say, "relevant" enough, she still has a pretty small channel, but she looks like she looks up to grace beverley and all that TALA jazz
She’s only just gone and deleted all her useful videos too! Ever since she moved to Dubai, she’s rebranded herself as a care free girl. Barely any mention of studies and deleted all her study related videos apart from 2.

• Wow

Welshgal

VIP Member
Can someone start a thread for Elena? I actually quite like Elena, but she gets herself involved in so much drama it could be interesting to catch up
Here you go! ☺

• Heart