Elena Handtrack

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A German Youtuber who studies law at Cambridge and gotten popular because of her Cambridge Vlogs (and then when she did 4 hour long live-study sessions on youtube pretty much every weekday during quarantine).

Generally a very nice girl who spends a bit too much of her time studying and occasionally gets quite a lot of hate (for no reason imo).

Thread wished for by @jerihoam

Discuss! p

Reactions: 2
One or her uni vlogs was in my YouTube recommendations a few months ago and I subbed after watching a few more. She seems like a nice girl

i like her, she seems to have very firm ideas and ideals, she doesn't take anything for granted and it looks like she's definitely making the most of her cambridge experience
she even talked very openly about her mental health during her first year at uni which i find very genuine

however her video on "the actual cost of having a 'gifted' child" came across (at least to me) as she felt some sort of superiority? like...i'm brighter than the rest or i'm more ambitious than the average student so i had to spend all this amount of money to receive an education according to my ambitions and purposes in life...(studying at UWC in hong-kong and so on)
maybe i'm wrong (i must say she wrote the term gifted in quotation marks and explained that she doesn't consider herself as somebody above the average) but i found it a bit annoying. as i said, maybe i didn't fully understand it!

Reactions: 1
i like her, she seems to have very firm ideas and ideals, she doesn't take anything for granted and it looks like she's definitely making the most of her cambridge experience
she even talked very openly about her mental health during her first year at uni which i find very genuine

however her video on "the actual cost of having a 'gifted' child" came across (at least to me) as she felt some sort of superiority? like...i'm brighter than the rest or i'm more ambitious than the average student so i had to spend all this amount of money to receive an education according to my ambitions and purposes in life...(studying at UWC in hong-kong and so on)
maybe i'm wrong (i must say she wrote the term gifted in quotation marks and explained that she doesn't consider herself as somebody above the average) but i found it a bit annoying. as i said, maybe i didn't fully understand it!
I know what you mean... Though when you had that many opportunities I guess it’s hard not to feel somewhat “superior” simply because that’s what everyone will tell you..

• Heart
It might just be me, but her cousin practically shouting in her face whilst they were in the car made me feel slightly uncomfortable

(in her new uni moving vlog)

seems like she actually has interests and hobbies that don't have to do with studying so that a nice break from some other studytubers, imo

She just posted this on her stories an in-depth bts of Youtube and this.

Seeming like you’re here, keep up the good work! If you snoop around on the other threads, you are the only studytuber people praise anymore. In literally every oher studytuber’s threads, your name comes up as the person to watch now. I’ve literally never seen any hate for you anywhere and for good reason!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Seeming like you’re here, keep up the good work! If you snoop around on the other threads, you are the only studytuber people praise anymore. In literally every oher studytuber’s threads, your name comes up as the person to watch now. I’ve literally never seen any hate for you anywhere and for good reason!
Hahaha I saw that too! Welcome Elena 😂😊

She’s going to think you are me because I DM’ed her almost exactly the same thing yesterday! 😂 ... so perhaps I just blown my cover but oh well 🤭

It’s astounding really, how her (and PaigeY) seem to be the only two, people like.

She’s going to think you are me because I DM’ed her almost exactly the same thing yesterday! 😂 ... so perhaps I just blown my cover but oh well 🤭

It’s astounding really, how her (and PaigeY) seem to be the only two, people like.
Yeah I think there are other lower profile ones out there who are decent, Astrid Franciszka (Paige's friend) comes to mind, but the common threads for all the likeable ones are: they're aware of their own privilege, they don't just study but get involved with other things and they're passionate about what they're learning (and this comes through in videos).

Reactions: 3
I like Astrid as well but sometimes she tries so hard to be Cool™ and it's unnecessary. Paige was my favourite but I admit I've lost interest a little since she's graduated from Cambridge. I enjoyed living vicariously through her and actuarial science doesn't spark my interest one bit 😂

I like Elena, I enjoyed her room tours and routines etc before and she seems to have a good head over her shoulders. She can come off patronising sometimes (the gifted child video comes to mind) but overall I like that she doesn't exist for the camera or hasn't sold her soul to the influencer label like Jade unfortunately has.

I also really envy her hair!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I like Astrid as well but sometimes she tries so hard to be Cool™ and it's unnecessary. Paige was my favourite but I admit I've lost interest a little since she's graduated from Cambridge. I enjoyed living vicariously through her and actuarial science doesn't spark my interest one bit 😂

I like Elena, I enjoyed her room tours and routines etc before and she seems to have a good head over her shoulders. She can come off patronising sometimes (the gifted child video comes to mind) but overall I like that she doesn't exist for the camera or hasn't sold her soul to the influencer label like Jade unfortunately has.

Talking about little interest, I’ve never been that interested in Law but, from a layman’s perspective, I find her essays quite nice to read on a Sunday through her newsletter!

I also envy her hair!!

For Astrid (and Elena) I've just finished my postgrad law degree so can relate to them a lot, especially Astrid! Maybe we should make a thread for her but it seems like if we like the studytuber we really don't have a lot to say about them 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
For Astrid (and Elena) I've just finished my postgrad law degree so can relate to them a lot, especially Astrid! Maybe we should make a thread for her but it seems like if we like the studytuber we really don't have a lot to say about them 😂🤷🏻‍♀️
Can’t let their egos get too big ;) Then their content will become unwatchable! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh I feel bad that she had to read mean comments about her appearance, she's such a pretty girl and even if she weren't people shouldn't leave mean comments about the way people look. That's not what these forums are for. I like how she's taking the constructive criticism so well though!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Elena, Paigey and Astrid are pretty much the only studytubers I watch anymore as many of the others have become pretty unbearable 😂 (Jade and Ruby ahem ahem). Obviously they all have faults but they all put out decent content. Paigey is definitely a favourite (although I agree with you about the actuarian stuff - not really that interesting compared to studying at Cambridge). I'm kinda seeing what you say about Astrid. Also, I'm sure she doesn't intend it but sometimes she can come across as quite arrogant. It's like she often flips between putting herself down and then talking about how good she is at everything and how hot she is and it can come across slightly desperate? Your mileage may vary on this one. As for Elena, she is very sweet and clearly intelligent. I don't find her videos quite as interesting as other youtubers but other than that there is not too much she does wrong.

I also wonder - what are these studytubers going to do once they graduate? For Astrid, at least she is still doing law school. But people like Jack aren't really doing anything? Also it is kinda awkward of Paigey to be vlogging her job... lol. Maybe I am being a little harsh.

Reactions: 4
hi elena!

i've DM'd you several times on IG and you seem a very approachable person, taking into consideration your large following (i've spoken also to astrid franciszka and asked her about mental health issues in her last youtube live and she seems very nice as well!)
i must say that i admire that you cancelled your 'erasmus' and chose to remain stuttgart. most studytubers *COUGH* eve bennett, *COUGH* unjaded jade *COUGH* chose to travel abroad despite the restrictions and the pandemic, which i find very selfish and idiotic!

also, you made a couple of videos on the microsoft surface you were gifted, which is great (most influencers just mentioned it on a video and then the laptop was nowhere to be seen again, lol)

however, i maintain my opinion about your video on 'gifted children'. be careful about your wording, perhaps it was because i didn't know you yet, but it came across (at least to me) as a bit arrogant, maybe i'm wrong
PS: feel free to open an account on tattle and discuss with us any issue or criticism you may find. we don't bite! (yet haha)

• Heart