StuartAndFrancis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks. Just watched it. I feel so sorry for Charley. They seemed to sweep and induce etc v early for no reason and she didn’t want that. I wonder if S & F were wanting to get back home after staying there for two weeks?! Already had three really simple births. She must feel quite traumatised as must her family.

Reactions: 1
Thanks. Just watched it. I feel so sorry for Charley. They seemed to sweep and induce etc v early for no reason and she didn’t want that. I wonder if S & F were wanting to get back home after staying there for two weeks?! Already had three really simple births. She must feel quite traumatised as must her family.
Going from a home birth to an induced birth must have been so traumatic. I wish they had just let her wait until baby was ready, even if that was 42 weeks!

Reactions: 2
Going from a home birth to an induced birth must have been so traumatic. I wish they had just let her wait until baby was ready, even if that was 42 weeks!
I get the impression as they were renting the house nearby they wanted baby asap

I get the impression as they were renting the house nearby they wanted baby asap
Me too. They made all those video about 'waiting'. Baby would probably have come in its own time in another week or so, with less trauma for mum and baby. it's really common to go overdue, mine were 11 days and 14 days late. It's annoying but you just got to wait it out, unless mum or baby are in danger and then obviously intervention is needed!

Reactions: 4
It’s really common that induction is offered/booked for around the due date now especially if there are high risk factors (age being one of these). It’s up to the pregnant woman to say yes or no- to advocate for herself during her pregnancy.

As much as I dislike Stuart and Francis I really don’t think they’d have had much involvement in this. The midwife team certainly wouldn’t have done anything to Carly on their say so.
---
Me too. They made all those video about 'waiting'. Baby would probably have come in its own time in another week or so, with less trauma for mum and baby. it's really common to go overdue, mine were 11 days and 14 days late. It's annoying but you just got to wait it out, unless mum or baby are in danger and then obviously intervention is needed!
She’s not mum

It’s really common that induction is offered/booked for around the due date now especially if there are high risk factors (age being one of these). It’s up to the pregnant woman to say yes or no- to advocate for herself during her pregnancy.

As much as I dislike Stuart and Francis I really don’t think they’d have had much involvement in this. The midwife team certainly wouldn’t have done anything to Carly on their say so.
---

She’s not mum
True, I'm sure that S and F couldn't have made her have the sweep, they could have encouraged it though. We don't know her full medical history so maybe there was a reason she needed the sweep. Carley isn't the biological mum or the intended parent but it is her body that the surrogate and therefore she holds the risks if something goes wrong. If there is a bleed for example she is in danger and the baby, not S and F. They have to consider her safety and health as well as the babies - what the intended parents want is less important.

Reactions: 6

---

She’s not mum
No sorry she's just the vessel by which the baby arrives 🤦. Of course she is mum, for the purposes of bringing the baby into the world. She might have no biological connection or be involved in the upbringing of the baby, she will never be known as 'mum' but she is the one who has the risks of childbirth everything that goes with it, so during labour she is 'mum'.

I'm sure she wasn't coerced into anything but there probably was a bit of underlying pressure to get the baby out.

Reactions: 7
True, I'm sure that S and F couldn't have made her have the sweep, they could have encouraged it though. We don't know her full medical history so maybe there was a reason she needed the sweep. Carley isn't the biological mum or the intended parent but it is her body that the surrogate and therefore she holds the risks if something goes wrong. If there is a bleed for example she is in danger and the baby, not S and F. They have to consider her safety and health as well as the babies - what the intended parents want is less important.
Oh I agree definitely- her health and safety is of higher importance than their immediate need for the birth. But let’s not take away the fact she chose to become a surrogate. They didn’t ask her, she offered it herself. It’s just speculation that pressure was put on her. It’s ultimately her choice whether she’s induced or not though.

She’s neither a vessel or mum. She’s a surrogate. I can 100% guarantee there’s no way in hell she would be ok with being called “mum” in any sense of the word.

I wasn't meaning to imply they made the decision for her. It's just such a different experience for her than her other two and in the video she said she was resistant to being induced etc, and there didn't appear to be any worried re baby. (Speaking as someone who was induced for 4 days, 5 days overdue, and ended up with an emergency c-section 13 days overdue). I just wondered if she felt any pressure at all, knowing how performative they are. I would imagine they have gift her a sum of money? I don't think payment is legal in this country, but they are very wealthy and would surely pay something?

I wasn't meaning to imply they made the decision for her. It's just such a different experience for her than her other two and in the video she said she was resistant to being induced etc, and there didn't appear to be any worried re baby. (Speaking as someone who was induced for 4 days, 5 days overdue, and ended up with an emergency c-section 13 days overdue). I just wondered if she felt any pressure at all, knowing how performative they are. I would imagine they have gift her a sum of money? I don't think payment is legal in this country, but they are very wealthy and would surely pay something?
All surrogacy and pregnancy related expenses would have been paid to her from them. This can even include things such as holidays for her family so she can recoup and have time with her kids. There’s no limits as far as the amounts as long as it’s seen as related to the pregnancy

• Wow
Yeah she is not doing it out of the goodness of her heart, there is a financial incentive somewhere. I mean I'm sure they're great parents and she wants to give them a baby, she is doing a wonderful thing for them, but it there will be money involved somewhere.

still nothing on cashcow 2. Wonder what is going on? I don't remember them taking this much of a break when Rio arrived

They'll have made a video and will probs post to YT on Sunday morning for traffic. They weren't as big/with an agency when Rio was born.

Didn't know they had a thread.
But rebel why!!!!!?

So many beautiful baby girls names. Ones that start with the letter R as well.

Do these influencers never consider the future?

Reactions: 4
Rebel.
They’ve called her Rebel.
They may think its cute now. Wait till she is a teen and is a little rebel!

Honestly Its a stupid name - Imagine that name when is is 30! It won't help her get a job either when she is older.

Reactions: 3
They may think its cute now. Wait till she is a teen and is a little rebel!

Honestly Its a stupid name - Imagine that name when is is 30! It won't help her get a job either when she is older.
Exactly
Even Rebel Wilsons name isn't actually Rebel.

Didn't know they had a thread.
But rebel why!!!!!?

So many beautiful baby girls names. Ones that start with the letter R as well.

Do these influencers never consider the future?
Horrible histories does this funny skit about Victorian names, making fun of how silly they were.

Silly Victorian Names | Vile Victorians | Horrible Histories - YouTube

That will so be repeated in 2100 or sooner people saying Who called the child Rebel, or X4314 like Elon Musk or North like the Kardashian
---
Joy of Joys they commented underneath that they are back to daily exploitation of baby Rebel and Rio . Please say you are saving up for the inevitable therapy costs due to a complete lack of privacy and bullying they will get when they are older cause you as the parents post wayy too much personal info online and give them no privacy

Last edited: