Strictly Come Dancing 2024

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😁 I think people forget that the vast majority of the viewing public could barely pick the pros out of a line up, and remember literally nothing about who was in the last series beyond ‘there was someone from Eastenders, I think?’
I took my Nan to the first ever strictly live tour and only have vague recollections of Christopher Parker running around the floor with his cape in the air and Louisa Lytton jiving. I’ve looked on wiki at the other celebrities and I’m surprised that I saw any of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I took my Nan to the first ever strictly live tour and only have vague recollections of Christopher Parker running around the floor with his cape in the air and Louisa Lytton jiving. I’ve looked on wiki at the other celebrities and I’m surprised that I saw any of them.
Ha I also went to this one, just did the same And I can't remember a thing! I also went the next year and all I clearly remember about that is walking past Vincent in the hotel lobby the next morning and Tom Chambers sitting at the next table at breakfast. As far the dancing - nada!

• Haha
I have watched since the start but each decade has blurred into one. I was convinced Zoe Ball won for years and years only to find out recently she was 3rd. 😆

Talking about how many hours everyone puts in I noticed on Gios Instagram that he did dance classes for 300 people on the Sunday after his last dance with Amanda. I’ll bet that helped his mood when they were back in rehearsals the following day. I don’t think the pros should be allowed to do extra work whilst they are still in the competition. Their hours are insane enough as it is!
IMG_6846.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Talking about how many hours everyone puts in I noticed on Gios Instagram that he did dance classes for 300 people on the Sunday after his last dance with Amanda. I’ll bet that helped his mood when they were back in rehearsals the following day. I don’t think the pros should be allowed to do extra work whilst they are still in the competition. Their hours are insane enough as it is!
View attachment 2685361
The problem is with their bbc contracts they aren't employees so they can't dictate their non contracted hours.

Ha I also went to this one, just did the same And I can't remember a thing! I also went the next year and all I clearly remember about that is walking past Vincent in the hotel lobby the next morning and Tom Chambers sitting at the next table at breakfast. As far the dancing - nada!
The one I went had Letitia Dean on. I havnt got any recollection of anybody else at all.

• Haha
View attachment 2685361
Yeah he was not even having a day off. God knows when he was choreographing! he seems to be a workaholic, and maybe expects others to be the same. (But I think it also shows his general level of engagement with Strictly - even Karen didn't have a second job!)

I see Ellie has gone back to Manchester for the weekend - to me that seals that there is nothing going on between her and Vito. Presumably they would want to spend some time together outside work at some point!

Reactions: 8
Yeah he was not even having a day off. God knows when he was choreographing! he seems to be a workaholic, and maybe expects others to be the same. (But I think it also shows his general level of engagement with Strictly - even Karen didn't have a second job!)

I see Ellie has gone back to Manchester for the weekend - to me that seals that there is nothing going on between her and Vito. Presumably they would want to spend some time together outside work at some point!
Exactly my thoughts! Just friendship- otherwise yeah, after not seeing each other for weeks, she’s in London for a few days and back home.
Although, I bet she’ll have to go home and pack shed loads for nearly 4 weeks on tour but yeah I’m with you, friends!

Reactions: 6
I went to the tour the year Kara won, I loved her. But she was off sick that night so I never got to see her after all. And I have absolutely no recollection of who I did see :)

Reactions: 2
I see the Traitors podcast thing has been added to the list of official BBC programmes to Masterchef, mastermind, House of games, Pointless etc Strictly people appear on. So far we’ve had Stacey, Gio and Krishnan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
As I've said, frequently, I love Gio. But he needs to remember that Anton was one of the most well known pros, arguably he was also very popular, but generally he didn't last that long in competition.

Anton previously said that he realised early on that strictly wasn't a serious dance competition. But he used the platform strictly has given him to great effect.

Dancing tours, cruises, TV gigs, books, music cd, panto. And now he's a judge.

I really hope that Anton can provide some sage advice to Gio and that Gio is of a mind to listen and act upon it.

Cos one day you're a strictly pro, the next you're a dancing on ice contestant. And worse, you don't even win it.

Last edited:

You cannot be giving your best to anything when you are spreading yourself so thinly. Given his lack of breaks (and food) you wonder just how high his tolerance for anything other than the standards he expects.

Vito’s brother is in the country (in Cambridge today), prehaps he’s meeting up with him whilst Ellie goes back to Manchester to pack & stock up on cranberry juice 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You cannot be giving your best to anything when you are spreading yourself so thinly. Given his lack of breaks (and food) you wonder just how high his tolerance for anything other than the standards he expects.

Vito’s brother is in the country (in Cambridge today), prehaps he’s meeting up with him whilst Ellie goes back to Manchester to pack & stock up on cranberry juice 😜
I’d imagine he’d like his brother and putative gf to spend time together! I hope the non-denial doesn’t come back to bite him, when one of them is spotted snogging someone else, or we discover Vito is secretly married to Helen Skelton..

I saw Nikita’s gf posted photos with him in Rome with the caption ‘future home??’ Hope she’s not planning on encouraging him into Ballando so she can drink espresso and model in Rome or whatever she does. Nikita is too good to be showing elderly ladies a few gentle rumba steps!

Reactions: 5
I’d imagine he’d like his brother and putative gf to spend time together! I hope the non-denial doesn’t come back to bite him, when one of them is spotted snogging someone else, or we discover Vito is secretly married to Helen Skelton..

I saw Nikita’s gf posted photos with him in Rome with the caption ‘future home??’ Hope she’s not planning on encouraging him into Ballando so she can drink espresso and model in Rome or whatever she does. Nikita is too good to be showing elderly ladies a few gentle rumba steps!
His family lives in italy and he grew up there, I think it’s more a base to be near them in the future. There’s no way the golden boy of Strictly will go back to Ballando. He’s more likely to be offered mega bucks to do the USA one

His family lives in italy and he grew up there, I think it’s more a base to be near them in the future. There’s no way the golden boy of Strictly will go back to Ballando. He’s more likely to be offered mega bucks to do the USA one
No I know, but he ain't going to be retiring to Italy for a while yet! The main thing the post showed was that the relationship is serious. Is she a model? I know she was a uni student till last summer!

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they have been together that long, maybe last summer? He only broke up with his partner of 5 years autumn 2022 and this time last year was dating an Australian sex podcaster. He doesn’t seem to stay single for very long, I would imagine the second he was single girls were breaking down his door 😂

I don’t think they have been together that long, maybe last summer? He only broke up with his partner of 5 years autumn 2022 and this time last year was dating an Australian sex podcaster. He doesn’t seem to stay single for very long, I would imagine the second he was single girls were breaking down his door 😂
Don't mention breaking down Nikita's door if you don't want to summon @StephenTJackson!!

RIP sex podcaster.

Jinx, @PontiacBandit 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No I know, but he ain't going to be retiring to Italy for a while yet! The main thing the post showed was that the relationship is serious. Is she a model? I know she was a uni student till last summer!
Yes she’s a model. A very bright one obviously if she graduated from Durham!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.