Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im gutted I can’t go to the London show. Would love to have seen it. Bet they are spectacular. I think Nikita has the potential in the next couple of years to do as successful tours as Gio currently does.

Vito and Ellie - all I see is friendship and Vito’s interpretation of family love. Could be wrong.

Reactions: 6
Glad to hear the Nikita and Layton show has gone well.

Ellie and Vito are there - lovely that they are supporting them.

Even though it’s probably going to be well after midnight by the time I get home it was definitely worth the trip. Those boys really are amazing together. For all the Beryls complaining about them on Facebook the room was full of older people all up on their feet celebrating them. I told his mum he was amazing and she must be so proud of him. Yes I’ve turned into someone who approaches members of their families 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I love that Ellie and Vito have remained close and still have the exact same vibe they did in the show (be still my shipping heart)…it’s nice to know it wasn’t all a ploy to get votes and what we were seeing was their genuine relationship

Reactions: 8
Yeah, I've got to give the lads their due, they put on a fab show tonight. Really fun, high-energy, lots of humour, fab outfits and they danced their socks off. And for me, I'm really glad it wasn't all brand new routines either and that it was very Strictly-centric.

Obviously London will love them too, but they'd do well to get a reception like tonight, especially from a matinee crowd which always have an air of the embalmed about them.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Carlos is soft-launching a coming out here. Would be nice to see him in an all-male pairing a couple of years down the line when everything has settled.
He had a story on insta last week that said his goal was to become a gay icon. I’m not sure if soft launching or just full launching 😂 I posted on here that surely, that was him coming out?! No straight man is posting a random story saying they want to be a gay icon!

Reactions: 5
Bank of Dave not taking part after all, put up a long TikTok about it and maybe spilled a bit too much for the producer's liking.

Reactions: 1
I was just watching it, Dave's out there describing every conversation he had with Strictly :LOL: Will they still want him next year?

• Haha
Afraid I may be back to shipping Lakita after tonight. The chemistry those boys have and they certainly didn’t shy away from being sexy 🥵 I feel like that show should be on prescription. When Nikita came on the stage shirtless I swear at least half the audience gasped/sighed - it was audible 😂 When he put his (see through undone) shirt on the woman next to me in her 60’s complained 😂
I’m hoping some people managed to get some videos. The usher with his torch was all over anyone who got their camera out near me.

I’m so wired I’m wide awake so I’ve found a couple of videos on social media.
Charleston

Encore

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
There is something special about Nikita and Laytons partnership, beautiful boys and lovely to see from the videos that they got a lot of love back.

Carlos and his recent posts, just love him.

No bank of Dave, this years ‘celeb’ lineup, still a mystery then. Nikita and Vito are going to get duffers aren’t they. Keeping saying this but this year, should be able to tell, what kind of pro Vito is. Will he be a Gorka and be kind to his duffer, giving them a good time or will he be a Gio and not bother if the celeb isn’t going to add his success. I really hope that the reason that Gio and Vito clash isn’t because they are too similar. Nikita gives me male Katya vibes and will hopefully go down the creative choreography route for the not so talented dance wise celeb.

Reactions: 3
No bank of Dave, this years ‘celeb’ lineup, still a mystery then. Nikita and Vito are going to get duffers aren’t they. Keeping saying this but this year, should be able to tell, what kind of pro Vito is. Will he be a Gorka and be kind to his duffer, giving them a good time or will he be a Gio and not bother if the celeb isn’t going to add his success. I really hope that the reason that Gio and Vito clash isn’t because they are too similar. Nikita gives me male Katya vibes and will hopefully go down the creative choreography route for the not so talented dance wise celeb.
I honestly don't see why Nikita would be guaranteed an actual duffer. Unless you're Kai, you don't get totally punished after your first final as a male pro. Nikita got the golden ticket with Layton last year but he has hardly had a Gio/Kevin/early Pasha draw.

Could get an Ellie T or Susan Calman mid-table type draw though, that might be OK.

Reactions: 3
I was just watching it, Dave's out there describing every conversation he had with Strictly :LOL: Will they still want him next year?

Didn't he pretty much say he had signed up in an interview recently? How weird.

Maybe it is a case of he genuinely does have other commitments he thought he could get out of. Or maybe Strictly thinks he's too much of a risk of leaking/posting things he shouldn't. Which is fair, going by that tiktok 😆

Reactions: 1
I saw a video of Layton and Nikita doing a Charleston to Hot Honey Rag? I guess the other one was too complicated without much rehearsal time and needed props. Sounds like most of their other routines were reasonably straight from the show.

I really hope that the reason that Gio and Vito clash isn’t because they are too similar.
I don't see any evidence of them being similar? For one, the other pros like Vito.. Also Gio wasn't FR till after Rose/BAFTA/Arduino scandal. One of my fave partnerships of his was with Ranvir, who was terrible at Latin, but he took a lot of trouble with her ballroom. (Obviously this analogy doesn't really hold up now we know she's complained! but on the front of he didn't just give up when he got her. Of course with Richie he seemed to..)

Reactions: 2