Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a video of Layton and Nikita doing a Charleston to Hot Honey Rag? I guess the other one was too complicated without much rehearsal time and needed props. Sounds like most of their other routines were reasonably straight from the show.
I think the two closest to the original Strictly routines in terms of the three major elements of choreography, music and costumes were the AT and Paso (I'll probably add CCC to that, too - probably the three big fan favourites) but then bits were still changed so not to be quite exact.

Fot this year I feel Nikita is more likely to get a mid-table type, perhaps even someone who gets further than expected on less than great dance ability. Vito, yeah I expect a duffer, but I think Carlos, also.

Reactions: 4
I honestly don't see why Nikita would be guaranteed an actual duffer. Unless you're Kai, you don't get totally punished after your first final as a male pro. Nikita got the golden ticket with Layton last year but he has hardly had a Gio/Kevin/early Pasha draw.

Could get an Ellie T or Susan Calman mid-table type draw though, that might be OK.
Gorka's had a duffer after every final he's made - Katie Piper (and then benched too the following year), Katie McGlynn and then Nikita Kanda. No wonder he has such rollercoaster track record.

Compare with Gio following his finals - Laura Whitmore, Faye Tozer, Michelle Visage

Agree, I don't think Nikita being a finalist automatically gets him a duffer. And I suspect fellow finalist Dianne will get Chris McAusland (long overdue a duffer but seeing as she seems to be a producer's favourite, giving her the first ever blind participant will still guarantee her a lot of attention and possibly save her from an early exit)

Reactions: 6
I think Vito and Carlos should both get duffers since they’ve each had 2 good partners so far. Nikita I think probably a middler, he’ll probably make it to around Halloween. Dianne’s due a duffer. Be interesting to see who Johannes (if he gets a partner) gets given that Annabel was probably meant to be a duffer but was better than expected and they made the semi finals.

Reactions: 4
I think Vito and Carlos should both get duffers since they’ve each had 2 good partners so far. Nikita I think probably a middler, he’ll probably make it to around Halloween. Dianne’s due a duffer. Be interesting to see who Johannes (if he gets a partner) gets given that Annabel was probably meant to be a duffer but was better than expected and they made the semi finals.
Didn't Johannes hint that he might not be partnered? something about 'a different role'? I could see that, with him rehearsing for Kinky Boots.

I would love Graz to get a ringer. He truly deserves it.

Reactions: 7
Didn't Johannes hint that he might not be partnered? something about 'a different role'? I could see that, with him rehearsing for Kinky Boots.

I would love Graz to get a ringer. He truly deserves it.
Why? He’s a nice chap, but his choreography is weak.

Reactions: 5
Putting Chris with Dianne would be a massive disservice to him. She isn't creative enough to alter her already weak choreography and teaching style, plus she blamed Tyler's height and feet when she got criticism, what's she gonna do, say it's Chris' fault for not having functioning retinas when she gets a bit of criticism?

She is the only consistently partnered pro who hasn't been challenged with a same sex partner or partner with a disability and I think there's a reason for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Putting Chris with Dianne would be a massive disservice to him. She isn't creative enough to alter her already weak choreography and teaching style, plus she blamed Tyler's height and feet when she got criticism, what's she gonna do, say it's Chris' fault for not having functioning retinas when she gets a bit of criticism?

She is the only consistently partnered pro who hasn't been challenged with a same sex partner or partner with a disability and I think there's a reason for that.
Yep, I think Katya would absolutely be the best partner for him, but after they put Gio and Richie together (perhaps the most obviously mismatched pair in Strictly history?), I'm quite cynical about how they match their favourite pros - putting the pros' profile ahead of what is best for the celeb

Btw, I hope I'm wrong re Chris and Dianne!

Reactions: 6
So is Chris the only legit rumour now that Bank of Dave has inexplicably given the game away?

Are there any other 'confirmed' names I've missed?

Last edited:
I think the two closest to the original Strictly routines in terms of the three major elements of choreography, music and costumes were the AT and Paso (I'll probably add CCC to that, too - probably the three big fan favourites) but then bits were still changed so not to be quite exact.
I was quite amazed at what they managed to pull together considering how busy they have both been since Strictly. The videos that are popping up on social media are the ones that are most similar to the show as they are the fan favourites. The best part was the atmosphere in the audience. I’ve not been at a show where the audience has been so animated and on their feet many times. I think the reaction they got was way beyond their expectations 🥰 @Woolmercardington how was the workshop?

I really do hope that we don’t get any politicians. The state of politics at the moment is such a tit show that I don’t want that infecting Strictly.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why? He’s a nice chap, but his choreography is weak.
He was really good with Kym. I think he's really come on as a Strictly figure and would love to see him with another Kym-type. I don't think anyone else could have done much better with Zara.

Reactions: 8
No bank of Dave, this years ‘celeb’ lineup, still a mystery then. Nikita and Vito are going to get duffers aren’t they. Keeping saying this but this year, should be able to tell, what kind of pro Vito is. Will he be a Gorka and be kind to his duffer, giving them a good time or will he be a Gio and not bother if the celeb isn’t going to add his success. I really hope that the reason that Gio and Vito clash isn’t because they are too similar. Nikita gives me male Katya vibes and will hopefully go down the creative choreography route for the not so talented dance wise celeb.
I think Vito is a genuinely nice guy, and no matter what partner he had, he would treat them well.
I also think with the shadow of whatever went on between Gio and Amanda (among others), hanging over everything, there will be greater care and caution in general about how the celebrities are looked after.

It's a shame that had to come out of a negative situation, but I do hope that some of the nonsense about practising for ridiculously long hours, among other things, will be a thing of the past.

Which brings me to the judges, especially Shirley. Feedback should be constructive criticism, not cutting the ground from under anyone when they have clearly worked hard. And she needs to put aside her evident dislike for some of the female pros, especially Katya, and to a lesser extent, Karen.

It's a light entertainment programme with a bit of sparkle to entertain us during some of the winter months. That's what needs to be kept in mind by all of those involved, producing, directing, dancing and all the rest of it.

Now bring it on 😁 or at least give us a few names!

Reactions: 10
So is Chris the only legit rumour now that Bank of Dave has inexplicably given the game away?

Are there any other 'confirmed' names I've missed?
I think Toyah Willcox, Nicola Roberts and Harry Aikines Aryeetey (Nitro from the Gladiators) were all pretty heavily rumoured, I’d say they’re somewhat ‘confirmed’

Reactions: 2
Let’s face it nobody deserves Dianne. If Fred West signed up I’d feel a bit sorry for him if he got partnered with her.

• Haha
  • Wow
I think Toyah Willcox, Nicola Roberts and Harry Aikines Aryeetey (Nitro from the Gladiators) were all pretty heavily rumoured, I’d say they’re somewhat ‘confirmed’
I’d be happy with all those.
Toyah with Vito or Carlos for much chaos.
Nicola with Gorka as they both have major RBF.
Not sure who Nitro should be partnered with. Maybe Katya? I think he is too tall for Jowita and I’m holding out for a same sex partner for Luba. I don’t really care about the others.

Reactions: 3
@Boogs Oh yeah, the workshop! What made me think I'd already mentioned that? It was really good actually. I'm glad I got a ticket. Was definitely worth it for half price. They were both funny and charming and Nikita really does get into the teaching side of it.

Both so bloody photogenic too. I'm not one for getting photos at all but everyone else was, so I joined the queue. Thank god the girl took two pics because on the first one they both looked perfect while feck knows what had happened to me or why one eye was inexplicably halfway down my face. Second one, I thankfully didn't look like a bad taxidermy job, and they of course continued to look perfect.

• Heart
Shirley is really pinning her colours to the FR mast (fnar fnar). Does make me wonder: does she know he's going to be exonerated? or have the show not shared any info with her?

I’d imagine she just thinks it’s perfectly acceptable to talk to people like tit.

Reactions: 16