Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good grief, I've seen it all. Someone on Facebook comparing what's happening to Gio to Philip Schofield's 'cancellation'. Such a ringing endorsement to be lumped in with Phil!
Sonebody on DM going 'remember what happened to.Caroline Flack' 🙄.
This is a very different situation.
Fed up of 'be kind' being wheeled out whenever anybody expresses a differing opinion.

Reactions: 15
Sonebody on DM going 'remember what happened to.Caroline Flack' 🙄.
This is a very different situation.
Fed up of 'be kind' being wheeled out whenever anybody expresses a differing opinion.
But they are all being nasty to Amanda, Ranvir etc, it’s really annoying me. Amanda is probably the most vulnerable mental health wise. I hope she’s getting help.

Reactions: 13
But they are all being nasty to Amanda, Ranvir etc, it’s really annoying me. Amanda is probably the most vulnerable mental health wise. I hope she’s getting help.
It probably helps that more people have agreed with her. Half the battle is getting heard and believed.

Reactions: 4
Be kind only seems to work one way. Maybe Gio should have been kind in the first place.

Reactions: 12
Yip people do seem to be abandoning Gio pretty quickly. I mean, even Pip Scofield's friends haven't dumped him and I'd say his actions are more unpalatable.

I think strictly will be poorer for the loss of Gio. And Johannes if he doesnt retirn. We're now left with a lot of dancers with little personality

But then I think that's how the producers like it. Its more about the daft costumes than the actual dancing.

I'll be booking the strictly legends show next week when I get paid. See some real ballroom/Latin dancing 😉😉😉

Reactions: 2
Is Gorka now doing cryptic insta posts, him re posting Gordan Ramseys 3 non negotiable behaviours is that in support of Gio?

Is Gorka now doing cryptic insta posts, him re posting Gordan Ramseys 3 non negotiable behaviours is that in support of Gio?
I see what you mean. Could be. Suggesting that Gio was being a professional and they should listen and not take stuff personally.

I see what you mean. Could be. Suggesting that Gio was being a professional and they should listen and not take stuff personally.
That is my take. Im just not one for motivational speeches or life advice. Makes me eye roll.

He really is a piece of tit getting that poor dog just to pathetically try to look like a nice guy. I certainly hope the gf looks after her properly, because he'd definitely throw her away as soon as she's not useful anymore.

Though he left home at 14 to go to dance school - that has got to be difficult. He seems almost entirely motivated by money, has no other interests except work and spending money etc. Maybe his background made him desperate to be a big success. But Graz also has a humble Sicilian background and has stayed true to himself, working hard and being ambitious but being kind and pleasant.
That's a good point about Graz. I was just thinking a while back it really shows what a twit Gio is. Graz had a bit of a disastrous first year - a partner who was difficult and didn't have much time to train, lots of criticism of his dancing, choreography and blame for her early exit. Then he's benched for 2 years. He was almost paired with John until the last minute swap to Johannes. It sounds like he was probably the second choice to get Layton as well, and for the second time went out with a duffer at Halloween instead. Only had 1 almost-contender out of 4 partners in 6 years. Zero finals. And the icing on his bad luck cake - two missed weeks with Covid. If anyone could be understandably a little bitter and checked out, it's him. Not to mention Neil and Luba and their rare trips off the bench. But he's still a lovely smiley puppy who puts 100% in and has a good relationship with most of his celebs. FR gets a middler the year after winning and throws his toys out of the pram. Prick.

Last edited:
Seems weird though to quote someone who is seen as a notorious bully?
Gorka and Gemma were still very friendly with Gio though, unlike lots of others (Janette and Aljaz anyone?) so I'd be interested to know what they think.

Reactions: 1
Graz is lovely, but if he didn't quickly find that niche, I'm pretty sure he'd have been Cameron'd out of there. They'd have been crazy to put him with Layton or John.

Reactions: 4
Seems weird though to quote someone who is seen as a notorious bully?
Gorka and Gemma were still very friendly with Gio though, unlike lots of others (Janette and Aljaz anyone?) so I'd be interested to know what they think.
This is problem with the whole situation, one persons bully is another persons professional.
---
I shall await the article about has Gorka done a cryptic Insta story in support of Gio.

Reactions: 3
Someone talking absolute tripe on Reddit:

"I could probably imagine Graziano being accused of bullying. I can imagine any of the pros, being accused of bullying tbh. If they’re paired with the wrong personality type, just look at Amy and John Jules. Can you imagine anyone not getting on with Amy? When you’re spending 10/12 hours a day with someone and you’re tired tolerance is thinner than normal. I was only saying that in my experience the way Italians approach things are different to how British people approach things. They’re way more passionate about things than we are."

• Haha
Reactions: 2

"I could probably imagine Graziano being accused of bullying. I can imagine any of the pros, being accused of bullying tbh. If they’re paired with the wrong personality type, just look at Amy and John Jules. Can you imagine anyone not getting on with Amy? When you’re spending 10/12 hours a day with someone and you’re tired tolerance is thinner than normal. I was only saying that in my experience the way Italians approach things are different to how British people approach things. They’re way more passionate about things than we are."
I hate xenophobic crap like this. As if all Italians have one homogenous temperament. And "passionate" is a word frequently used to defend abusive men.

Reactions: 16
Graz is lovely, but if he didn't quickly find that niche, I'm pretty sure he'd have been Cameron'd out of there. They'd have been crazy to put him with Layton or John.
Eh, I agree that he wouldn't have been able to get the most out of Layton, but I think he could have done well enough with John.

I don't think his deficiencies in Ballroom are really that big a deal. Most of the pros aren't that great at it. I've seen quite a few comments on DS, and some elsewhere like youtube and tiktok, saying that Nikita's Ballroom footwork is quite poor too, and I would have to say even to my untrained eye I think I agree. It's quite noticeable in Tilly's Waltz and Foxtrot. But it clearly didn't affect his ability to teach her, she was better at Ballroom than Latin anyway.

Graz probably is better suited for making fun routines for duffers to look their best though, but I guess we'll never know for sure if he never gets a ringer.

Reactions: 6
It probably helps that more people have agreed with her. Half the battle is getting heard and believed.
It's a lonely furrow for sure. Especially to speak up against someone popular and apparently backed by their employer.

She will never be allowed to forget that she was the one who 'caused Giovanni to leave Strictly'. He seems to have very rabid fans.

I know nobody knows except those involved, what actually happened, but I honestly think some of them would defend him to the hilt, no matter what.

Reactions: 8

Can you imagine any of them being falsely accused by three partners though?

Why do the defenders keep glossing over that part? I mean, I know why, but still. 🙄

I think my favourite comment on DS had to be the lady who responded to a comment that he was getting all this defence because he's attractive with a long blather about her husband not being attracted to him but also thinking it's a witchhunt. Oh gee, I bleeping wonder why a (presumably) straight white man might side against three women complaining about mistreatment from another straight white man? No one's calling for him to be burned at the stake, just saying that at this stage it doesn't look good because how likely is it for an innocent person to have complaints from multiple people?

Can you imagine any of them being falsely accused by three partners though?

Why do the defenders keep glossing over that part? I mean, I know why, but still. 🙄

I think my favourite comment on DS had to be the lady who responded to a comment that he was getting all this defence because he's attractive with a long blather about her husband not being attracted to him but also thinking it's a witchhunt. Oh gee, I bleeping wonder why a (presumably) straight white man might side against three women complaining about mistreatment from another straight white man? No one's calling for him to be burned at the stake, just saying that at this stage it doesn't look good because how likely is it for an innocent person to have complaints from multiple people?
I saw that about the husband being straight and not attracted to him, and my eyes rolled so hard, they will probably never come back. WTF!

Reactions: 6
I really hate all the women throwing the misogynistic ‘she wanted him but couldn’t have him so is lashing out’ type crap. As far as I can tell the only partner that wanted him was the very young, probably quite naive, first partner who entered into a relationship with him and was then suddenly dumped when the next series was starting.

It’s funny that the other passionate Italians on the show manage to treat their partners with respect and appear to have genuine ongoing friendships with them afterwards. It’s almost like it’s nothing to do with culture and more about personal attitude 🤔

Yip people do seem to be abandoning Gio pretty quickly. I mean, even Pip Scofield's friends haven't dumped him and I'd say his actions are more unpalatable.

I think strictly will be poorer for the loss of Gio. And Johannes if he doesnt retirn. We're now left with a lot of dancers with little personality

But then I think that's how the producers like it. Its more about the daft costumes than the actual dancing.

I'll be booking the strictly legends show next week when I get paid. See some real ballroom/Latin dancing 😉😉😉
'...dancers with little personality?'

Karen? Hilarious and self-deprecating.
Luba? Super cool.
Katya? Batshit, but extremely talented.
Dianne? Annoying AF, but still has a personality.
Amy? A lovely soul who makes everyone feel included.
Nancy? Batshit, but very funny.
Lauren? Hilarious.
Jowita? Also very funny, but in the right company.
Michelle? Not been given a chance to come out of her, erm, shell.
Nadiya? She’s not exactly full of personality but did bring Dan out of his shell.

Neil? Daft as a brush.
Gorka? A mischievous little sprite, with an ability to give even duffers a nice experience.
Graz? Lovely, and falls about laughing at anything.
Vito? There are no words.
Carlos? Cultured, but cute with it.
Nikita? He seems to have it all, from funny and flirtatious to serious and empathetic. If he's not a genuine person, he's some actor.
Kai? Definitely a character, who can have a laugh

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.