Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the spirit of keeping this thread about Strictly as a whole and not just Gio, I’ve just seen that Outnumbered is coming back for a Christmas special. All the kids are now grown up, it would be good timing to have one of them as a contestant :)

Reactions: 8
Yip people do seem to be abandoning Gio pretty quickly. I mean, even Pip Scofield's friends haven't dumped him and I'd say his actions are more unpalatable.

I think strictly will be poorer for the loss of Gio. And Johannes if he doesnt retirn. We're now left with a lot of dancers with little personality

But then I think that's how the producers like it. Its more about the daft costumes than the actual dancing.

I'll be booking the strictly legends show next week when I get paid. See some real ballroom/Latin dancing 😉😉😉
I haven’t seen one bit of personality from Gio on the show since 2021. Vito, Nikita, Carlos and most of the others have been much more entertaining to watch for me personally.

Those videos of Kai and Gio reminded me how much fun Kai was before, hopefully this year he gets someone younger who he can show off his talents with. Think people forget how brilliant his choreo was in his debut series with AJ.

Reactions: 12
Just remembered Graz's "having a word with" Gio at the 2022 final. Gio not even bothering to go up to the winners with everyone else last year was really petty. He shunned so much last year, pro dances, pro challenge, children in need and Christmas special. Did he do the "what's the answer dancer" thing?

In the spirit of keeping this thread about Strictly as a whole and not just Gio, I’ve just seen that Outnumbered is coming back for a Christmas special. All the kids are now grown up, it would be good timing to have one of them as a contestant :)
I'm voting for Tyger Drew-Honey, because the pearl clutchers clutching at his parents in the audience because they were adult performers. 😱😆

And also because Tyger is cute. 😆

Reactions: 12
Blimey.
Amanda Platell has got the series hots for the fanny monster. Sadly for her she’s at least 30 years too old for him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I hate xenophobic crap like this. As if all Italians have one homogenous temperament. And "passionate" is a word frequently used to defend abusive men.
oh ffs it’s not xenophobic!! It’s true that Italians ARE more passionate. I lived there. Always someone trying to shoehorn ‘casual racism’ tit into everything. I have never heard anyone call a man ‘passionate’ when they have been abusive. WTF are you on about

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think that would be really good.

Reactions: 1
Those videos of Kai and Gio reminded me how much fun Kai was before, hopefully this year he gets someone younger who he can show off his talents with. Think people forget how brilliant his choreo was in his debut series with AJ.
I’m begging for Kai to get a good partner again. Don’t know why the producers were so desperate for him to become the new Anton when he’s the second youngest pro and his choreo with AJ was amazing! I’m not a crazy KJ shipper (is that the ship name?) as I didn’t watch strictly that intensely until 2022 but I would’ve loved to have seen them in the final.

Reactions: 9
oh ffs it’s not xenophobic!! It’s true that Italians ARE more passionate. I lived there. Always someone trying to shoehorn ‘casual racism’ tit into everything. I have never heard anyone call a man ‘passionate’ when they have been abusive. WTF are you on about
Vito and Graziano are both Italian and are not like Giovanni (and neither seems to like him much). I've also lived in Italy - some Italians are boring af. They are not a monolith! And you can be passionate and kind - Gio is accused of bullying, not of gesticulating too much.

If Amanda Platell is supporting you, you need to take a long hard look at your life. Here's an archive link: https://archive.ph/P4Vmv

All I do know about is my own ballroom journey with Giovanni. For me the most sublime instant of Strictly’s nearly 20 years was in 2022 when he danced with the little-known EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis, who is deaf.
In order to allow us to appreciate her experience of their dance, Gio had choreographed the dance so that the music stopped halfway through, and the couple danced in silence ‘so people could understand Rose’s world’. There wasn’t a dry eye in living rooms across the land when Giovanni signalled in sign language to Rose, ‘thank you’ and she became a national treasure.
She doesn't even know that he didn't choreograph it himself. To paraphrase her headline: 'I Demand Justice for Arduino Bertoncello'

Reactions: 9
I’m begging for Kai to get a good partner again. Don’t know why the producers were so desperate for him to become the new Anton when he’s the second youngest pro and his choreo with AJ was amazing! I’m not a crazy KJ shipper (is that the ship name?) as I didn’t watch strictly that intensely until 2022 but I would’ve loved to have seen them in the final.
I don’t think they intended to make him the new Anton. He was due a duffer in 2022 after his amazing series with AJ and I think he was given Angela because they wanted the British TV legend with a British pro, I also wouldn’t be surprised if she requested him. He was definitely the pro most suited to her, they looked great together despite the 50 year age gap. He did really well with Angela who ended up being pretty decent, but I want to see him going all out again.

I saw that about the husband being straight and not attracted to him, and my eyes rolled so hard, they will probably never come back. WTF!
I know right? It took all my strength not to quote it and say "Newsflash: your husband's a misogynist. Hope that helps." but of course there's no point.
I have some hope Kai may get someone good again this year. I think giving Kaye to him instead of Gio was probably because he'd already campaigned for a same-sex pairing. And they were probably afraid his training methods might actually kill her. She also wasn't even the worst. She might not have gone first, but the audience went for Tony in the vote. And of course it's not like he had a bad run with Angela, they still got to Blackpool (albeit with a bit of producer meddling.)

Realistically I think the 2022 pairings would have made more sense going Gio/Kaye, Kai/Kym, Graz/Richie, but I'm glad Graz had his chance to have a good run with Kym. Just bad luck for Richie and good luck for Kaye that he had to have the miserable time with the grumpy chain-smoking Fanny Rat instead of her.

I think Richie may well have gotten further with Graz, though likely not as far as he got with Kym. It's hard to guess what the audience vote will do (still can't believe flipping Dan got to the QF) but I think more people would have voted for him if he'd had a pro who matched his excitement and enthusiasm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’d love for Kai to get a ringer, he seems super lovely and seems to get the best out of his dancers.

Reactions: 10
Realistically I think the 2022 pairings would have made more sense going Gio/Kaye, Kai/Kym, Graz/Richie, but I'm glad Graz had his chance to have a good run with Kym. Just bad luck for Richie and good luck for Kaye that he had to have the miserable time with the grumpy chain-smoking Fanny Rat instead of her.
I actually really liked Kym and Graz! She was bit annoying but they seemed to get one quite well. I went off her when she came back this year and was screaming for Adam Thomas though 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Realistically I think the 2022 pairings would have made more sense going Gio/Kaye, Kai/Kym, Graz/Richie, but I'm glad Graz had his chance to have a good run with Kym.
I think Kaye was really really nervous so I'm not sure she would have been able for Gio. She was full of praise for Kai and he really did seem to make it a good experience for her.

I'm so glad for Graz too. He is the ultimate cheerleader for everyone. And I loved their partnership. I was prepared not to like Kym. Not for any reason except I didn't like the character she used to play in Corrie. Which is silly of me.
They produced some lovely performances together and she was genuinely chuffed, week to week, to get a bit further than she ever expected to.

I think Richie would have gone further with a different partner. But I guess we will never know.

Kaye getting Kai made me more suspicious than his pairing with Angela. In hindsight, he was the perfect match for her.

But it’s very unusual for male pros who have a good first season to not get another good one the next. Usually it’s either another contender (Vito, Artem, Pasha, Kevin) or an upper middler (AJ, Gio, Carlos). You can bet the same for Trent & Gleb if they stayed. Kai getting not only a duffer, but one with next to no voter appeal, and a sure fire early out seemed strange.

I do hope that it's his turn again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don't think Graz and Kym really meshed all that well. They seemed to be on pretty different wavelengths most of the time, and there wasn't any (or much; there probably was some in the exit speech) of that 'friends for life' gushing from either of them. They don't seem to have stayed in touch much. I think there might have been a reposted instastory when she was in the audience once, but not a lot of interaction compared to Judi and Zara. But that said their partnership was still fine, and enjoyable to watch.

That's what makes me roll my eyes so hard at that ridiculous 'I bet Graziano could bully a celeb too because he's Italian' nonsense. He's already shown himself perfectly capable of producing good dances and getting along with someone professionally that he didn't seem to click with much personally.

This clip absolutely sent me. I came across it while looking for something else a few weeks ago. I hadn't watched it at the time. Bless him, he's so extra! Her face is just screaming 'thank you, but why are you like this?!' 😂

• Haha
Vito and Graziano are both Italian and are not like Giovanni (and neither seems to like him much). I've also lived in Italy - some Italians are boring af. They are not a monolith! And you can be passionate and kind - Gio is accused of bullying, not of gesticulating too much.

If Amanda Platell is supporting you, you need to take a long hard look at your life. Here's an archive link: https://archive.ph/P4Vmv

She doesn't even know that he didn't choreograph it himself. To paraphrase her headline: 'I Demand Justice for Arduino Bertoncello'
I think Amanda is looking for a stint on SCD with Gio!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.