Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Not surprised he's changed. You could tell he had the way he acted with Debbie. There's been a few that have been similar.

Has any pro who has left Strictly done well? Kevin has done bugger all, James and Ola carried on being arseholes, AJ did a couple of reality shows and nothing more, Brendan did one series of Dancing on Ice and Oti did that awful singing show and then got knocked up.

Maybe Neil does know best. Take the scraps and carry on getting paid.
I would say Kevin has done pretty well. Every time I have a look at his instagram he’s doing some type of theatre show so that’s obviously the avenue he chose to go down, smart move because it’s guaranteed work for long periods of time.

Reactions: 17

Boogs

VIP Member
If I was accused of bullying and I was innocent I would want the tapes out there.

Reactions: 16

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
I honestly don’t know what Gio has to do for them to believe what is being alleged. Even if poor, innocent Rose made an allegation, they would turn on her!
This is the problem with rose, she’s idolised like she was a totally vulnerable child when actually she is an adult who has a good head on her, made a clever career move going on strictly and happens to have a disability. She just happened to be a good dancer, she’d have been good with any of the pros, nothing to do with him

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Don’t pile on please. But can someone explain why you’re all so anti Gio?! I’ve always liked him, hes done some fabulous work with Faye from steps (sound of music lonely goat anyone?! Watching that it looks like Faye is the pro!!!!) his charleston with that lass from Corrie, and the couples choice with Rose to name a few. The press all seem to be reporting that nobody wants to come out and defend him because they don’t want to be seen “disbelieving women’s truth” I mean that’s fucking bull shit. And I say that as a woman who fully believes in equality, I work in a male dominated environment and confirm misogyny is very real. Help please 🥹
It's not about his dancing and his choreography and good routines he's produced, it's about the attitude and way he is apparently treating celebs that is the issue.

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
When are these completely delusional people going to start considering maybe the rumours about Giovanni are true? I’m not saying it is, I have no more facts than the next person, but I’m not naive enough to consider that a media leaked investigation including legal teams and various accusers is definitely a load of “ baseless rumours”. No smoke without fire is starting to become more and more apparent

Boogs

VIP Member
Katya went to see Layton in Cabaret last night. She is a pro who doesn’t just form friendships with her partners. I think she probably makes friends wherever she goes.
IMG_7445.png

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
How on earth does this imbecile know that there is ‘no evidence’? DS really is packed to the rafters with idiots.

Seemingly, I’m inadvertently still in a few FB Strictly groups from the spoiler days, and a post randomly popped up today in which all but a few of the comments were adamant that it’s all lies, including a few choice ones referring to Amanda only as ‘the bitch’.

The rampant societal misogyny that this has highlighted is so demoralising. It’s no wonder that women are extremely reluctant to report bad male behaviour, or that men get away with it, given the avalanche of abuse, accusation and disbelief that follows a complaint.

Amanda has been phenomenally brave, and she’s opened up an avenue for others who were too wary to step forward on their own. That’s commendable.
Absolutely. I’m not an Amanda fan at all but to make a stand like this when she is receiving so much blatant hostility is amazing. People are questioning her motivation and what result she is looking for (she wants to destroy this poor man’s life 😩). It shouldn’t matter what outcome these people are looking for. The fact that this happened and shouldn’t have is enough. It’s extraordinary that 2 people apparently asked for chaperones and were refused. Whoever made that decision and didn’t address the clear situation with Gio is to blame here. By allowing him to behave however he wanted with no consequences I would imagine he became emboldened and his behaviour got worse. His negative attitude towards strictly, his fellow pros and the contestants seems to have become more blatant over the last couple of years. Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if the BBC had addressed concerns raised about him years ago.

I think all pros should teach by primarily using noise rather than actual words 🥰

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Someone talking absolute tripe on Reddit:

"I could probably imagine Graziano being accused of bullying. I can imagine any of the pros, being accused of bullying tbh. If they’re paired with the wrong personality type, just look at Amy and John Jules. Can you imagine anyone not getting on with Amy? When you’re spending 10/12 hours a day with someone and you’re tired tolerance is thinner than normal. I was only saying that in my experience the way Italians approach things are different to how British people approach things. They’re way more passionate about things than we are."
I hate xenophobic crap like this. As if all Italians have one homogenous temperament. And "passionate" is a word frequently used to defend abusive men.

posy

VIP Member
It’s really poir
It’s really poor to drag other forum user’s opinions like this and mock them. DS is just a little more mixed in opinions like Mumsnet. I quite like the debate quality and find some of the most perceptive posts on DS. Love this site, especially for the influencer cult shaming, but sometimes it does feel like a bit lacking in balance views.

Gio has never been a favourite but he has had some truly memorable partnerships and performances.

I do not find Amanda’s actions commendable in the slightest.

I can imagine that those live Saturday night performances must be TERRIFYING even for contestants with performance background. It would surely be so much easier to be with a more nurturing pro, even if they might not get the best from you.

Long hours rehearsing would be a slog with someone you found difficult too.

At the end of the day though: Is it worth ruining someone’s career over? I don’t care who the pro is, it’s set a bad precedent and unlikeable fools such as Stacey Dooley saying “women should be believed”?! Total conflation.

I may be totally wrong about the severity of accusations but we are already talking about “victims”. I think Amanda probably does have PTSD but not sure it’s Strictly that caused it. I think she was probably angry and still in shock when she joined the show. Another partner might have been in the firing line for other reasons.

Just does feel like a witch hunt.
The media have made it a witch hunt and I would say Gs PR team are making it worse. It isn’t just a witch hunt against G but also against Amanda et al. He would have been best to do a statement, defend himself, say he has no further comment as this now an official complaint and turn off his comments on his insta post. Him keeping on the comments is encouraging the witch hunt on both sides. If I were Amanda et al’s legal team I would be considering using the fact he hasn’t turned off those comments as trying to antagonise and intimidate my clients into dropping their claims. I’m no fan of Amanda or the possible other 2 (Laura and Ranvir) but I don’t think any of those 3 are naive and they know that by doing this they run the risk of ruining their careers and reputation if G is cleared and he is seen to have acted appropriately.

RedFlagsAhoy

Personally I started going off him a bit in 2021 (he did well with Rose but there was a bit of an arrogance about it all) but completely went off him the following year. I thought he behaved really poorly with Richie, just looking like he didn't want to engage with him or even stand close to him a lot of the time

I thought he was great in 2017 with Debbie and seems to really enjoy being on Strictly then, but the last couple of years, he just looks like he's actively resented being there
Same, pretty much all of the above for me too. I listen to R2 on my commute so had a lot of goodwill towards Richie, especially with him being so excited to take part as a huge fan of the show. FR’s treatment of him put me right off and it’s been downhill from there.

gdw1910

I also agree that Jowita got lucky with Hamza, I really don’t think she’s that great. But she has taken over Janette’s spot as the one small enough for anyone to lift.
I don’t think she got lucky with Hamza, he was extremely shy and I think it’s all down to her (Hamza frequently says so) that his talent and personality was brought out. I don’t think she really embodies Janette other than them both being tiny, imo she’s more of an Oti with the ability to produce a technically difficult routine (for the judges enjoyment) with some cool lifts/tricks (for the publics enjoyment).

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
With the travel show up for an NTA, the fact it had good ratings and that Gio seems to have a lot of public support, if it has been cancelled Im suspicious, the BBC don’t think they can save him. Also where does that leave Anton as a judge considering he has tour coming up next month with Gio.
Omg, if this takes Giofanny and Anton out of Strictly in one fell swoop it'll be like Christmas.

Dianne too please

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Boogs

VIP Member
I really hate all the women throwing the misogynistic ‘she wanted him but couldn’t have him so is lashing out’ type crap. As far as I can tell the only partner that wanted him was the very young, probably quite naive, first partner who entered into a relationship with him and was then suddenly dumped when the next series was starting.

It’s funny that the other passionate Italians on the show manage to treat their partners with respect and appear to have genuine ongoing friendships with them afterwards. It’s almost like it’s nothing to do with culture and more about personal attitude 🤔

Boogs

VIP Member
I think I’m in the minority as I’ve always thought Gio was arrogant and obnoxious. I never felt his interactions on strictly were authentic and it seemed like he was putting on an act. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart

daisybrown

VIP Member
The commnts ive seen especially since a male complaining has been annonced are vile and are all along the lines 'he didnt fancy the so they are bitter'. This is grown adults so blinded by adulation sounding like teenagers.
Its bizarre, misogynistic and quite scary that they can't even consider another persons experience.
I really hope some clear video evidence comes out which drops him totally in it on all cases and has all the beryls clutching their pearls.
Or they should not sign up if they are not ready to put the work in. Why does no other pro seem to be having these issues then? Why is Gio the only one getting the alleged slackers?

shugabug23

Chatty Member
I’ve taken one for the team you guys, I’ve been and checked out these supposed nudies of Bobby’s on LPSG (the things I learn from Tattle, I tell ya!)

My report back is 🍆 ⬆ 😳

Well done Ellie 👏🏻

• Haha
  • Sick