Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vito is great, but the thing he really needs to do is slow his routines down. He dances in an unappealingly manic way if his celeb can somewhat keep up (about half of his dances with Ellie were like this). And even sometimes does it when they can't! (case in point - Fleur's Jive)

Reactions: 14
I also agree that Jowita got lucky with Hamza, I really don’t think she’s that great. But she has taken over Janette’s spot as the one small enough for anyone to lift.
I don’t think she got lucky with Hamza, he was extremely shy and I think it’s all down to her (Hamza frequently says so) that his talent and personality was brought out. I don’t think she really embodies Janette other than them both being tiny, imo she’s more of an Oti with the ability to produce a technically difficult routine (for the judges enjoyment) with some cool lifts/tricks (for the publics enjoyment).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Vito is great, but the thing he really needs to do is slow his routines down. He dances in an unappealingly manic way if his celeb can somewhat keep up (about half of his dances with Ellie were like this). And even sometimes does it when they can't! (case in point - Fleur's Jive)
That performance was like a comedy skit. Unintentionally hilarious.

Reactions: 4
Oh no, poor Gio! A group of dancers on tour together referred to themselves as a team!
Edit: just saw someone on tiktok refer to it as a ‘culture clash’ as if 80% of the pros aren’t from the UK ffs 🙄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The jive was a low point (though it gave us the wig), but I don't think he was manic at all last season (on the dancefloor). But different strokes. I remember Johannes got a lot of stick for being 'manic' too at various points.

Presumably saying 'team' is an insult to Johannes, Kai and Nadiya too...

Reactions: 2
I thought Jowita really stood out last night when all the pros were on stage. I think she’s great.

I think Luba has been really under used on Strictly. I’d love to see her in a same sex partnership and for her cheeky sexy side to really come out.

Incidentally if anyone is still to go to the pro tour and is willing to sneakily record the whole Luba and Nikita dance for me I would die happy 🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Other than that unnecessary lift in the showdance, I think Vito did rein it in with Ellie after their Samba and the judges kind of criticised him for being a bit too powerful. But I do love watching him dance so maybe I see through rose tinted glasses. For me he is one of the most adaptable pros for different genres of dance and that’s a skill - but, yes different strokes and all that and it would pretty boring everyone loved the same thing.
I also think Jowita is an incredible dancer and I would like to see what she could do with a ringer or someone with an outgoing personality.
Michelle in D Vlogs comes across as lovely, I hope she gets to show more of her personality this year, rather than just having to stand in the background on Saturday night.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she got lucky with Hamza, he was extremely shy and I think it’s all down to her (Hamza frequently says so) that his talent and personality was brought out. I don’t think she really embodies Janette other than them both being tiny, imo she’s more of an Oti with the ability to produce a technically difficult routine (for the judges enjoyment) with some cool lifts/tricks (for the publics enjoyment).
Totally agree. I am a big fan of Jowita, I think she is fabulous, and she was perfect for partnering Hamza, a very unassuming, genuine soul.

Reactions: 12
That performance was like a comedy skit. Unintentionally hilarious.
Ellie’s cha cha was a mess because of this, poor girl couldn’t keep up he was miles ahead of her
---
Exactly this!!!!
it’s like they all know what went on.
I would imagine if 3 separate celebs have instructed Solicitors something has gone down.
Cant wait for their comments when maybe things are proven to be true.
They won’t change, he seems to have a heroic status after rose

OK I'm dying that Nikita refused to shave for anyone, even his girlfriend, but Layton just has to post a 🪒 and the damn thing is gone.

It reminds me of that episode of Sherlock where everyone hates John's mustache but he won't shave it until Sherlock says he hates it, then it's gone 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes Vito, this is the kind of tour content I want to see Vito and Carlos in their pants in an ice bath together, both looking unbelievably sexy. 🤤🤤🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Shame Vito is a 6 at best 😀

Hands up anyone who believes that

fiends of Strictly's Giovanni tell me his new pet has nothing short of 'saved him'.
'Giovanni has been spending all his time with Roxy. He just adores her,' one friend of the Italian tells me. 'He is going through a really tough time.
They literally got that wee dog this week.
Anyway, he's thinking of taking libel action though has some 'powerful friends' at the Beeb. Sarah James. What a bleeping mess this is. It could go on for months.

Shame Vito is a 6 at best 😀

Hands up anyone who believes that

They literally got that wee dog this week.
Anyway, he's thinking of taking libel action though has some 'powerful friends' at the Beeb. Sarah James. What a bleeping mess this is. It could go on for months.
He’s already filmed that movie, he’s rehearsing for Him and Me at the moment. Not that DM let facts get in the way of a story.

Reactions: 5
I feel for Strictly this a big mess. I think Vito may need to do a lot more videos of shared ice baths with the pros. I really do wonder if they will get enough celebs to sign up this year because what celeb is going to want to be involved with all this going on.

I feel for Strictly this a big mess. I think Vito may need to do a lot more videos of shared ice baths with the pros. I really do wonder if they will get enough celebs to sign up this year because what celeb is going to want to be involved with all this going on.
It’s definitely a huge mess, and will sadly overshadow the 20 year anniversary. They’ve dealt with it so poorly, they should’ve done an internal investigation as soon as Amanda requested video footage. Surely it won’t be settled by September, so will they just not renew his contract?

I don't agree about Jowita - I think to do that in her first year with a shy bigger guy who wasn't a natural performer is pretty special. Not everyone could have got that out of him.
Jowita also did a incredible job with Adrian Chiles for the Christmas special, especially given the height difference.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.