Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s definitely a huge mess, and will sadly overshadow the 20 year anniversary. They’ve dealt with it so poorly, they should’ve done an internal investigation as soon as Amanda requested video footage. Surely it won’t be settled by September, so will they just not renew his contract?
Surely they have to settle it by then? I don't think they can have this hanging over them. But they can't announce pros or celebs till it's sorted I'd think.

Reactions: 2
I’m sure that all the returning pros have already signed contracts by now. Everyone knows that Gio isn’t returning, this legal stuff won’t be settled quickly and he can’t be on the show with it all hanging over him.
I think they should make the announcement now, just say something neutral like ‘Gio won’t be joining us this series’.
It‘s almost June, it’s ridiculous to not have the dancers and judges confirmed by now.

Reactions: 6
They won’t change, he seems to have a heroic status after rose
No kidding. 🙄 😂

bandicam 2024-05-25 18-18-25-038.jpg

Rose won people's hearts, and she'd have won with any pro, even Neil. Hell, probably even Dianne.

This is especially funny because the tabloid articles do all mention his winning with Rose. Which funnily enough, doesn't magically shield him from other partners thinking he's a twit.

I wonder how many Saint Rose fanatics would turn on her and call her an ungrateful cow if she ever said anything against him?

Reactions: 15
No kidding. 🙄 😂

View attachment 2956103

Rose won people's hearts, and she'd have won with any pro, even Neil. Hell, probably even Dianne.

This is especially funny because the tabloid articles do all mention his winning with Rose. Which funnily enough, doesn't magically shield him from other partners thinking he's a twit.

I wonder how many Saint Rose fanatics would turn on her and call her an ungrateful cow if she ever said anything against him?
I saw some comments on Rose's latest instagram post after her response was reported in the press, saying she was no friend to Giovanni. She's obviously deleted them, best thing to do.

I really hope he doesn't manage to drag the situation out too long. He'll be able to spin his tour with Anton and Lauren as two Strictly cast members contractually supporting him, so he can save some sort of face, and disappear into ITV's reality rounds.

Reactions: 8
Ellie’s cha cha was a mess because of this, poor girl couldn’t keep up he was miles ahead of her
---
It's funny how people can have totally different views of something. I thought Ellie's Cha Cha was fantastic, one of my favourites ever. Hell, her's and Layton's and Danny Mac's are just about the only Cha Chas I've ever found memorable. I thought her technique was incredible (so did my dad apparently, he mistook her for the pro for a few seconds and he rarely guesses wrong) and the only flaw was that little wobble in the middle. And maybe she could have sold the sassiness a little more.

I saw some comments on Rose's latest instagram post after her response was reported in the press, saying she was no friend to Giovanni. She's obviously deleted them, best thing to do.

I really hope he doesn't manage to drag the situation out too long. He'll be able to spin his tour with Anton and Lauren as two Strictly cast members contractually supporting him, so he can save some sort of face, and disappear into ITV's reality rounds.
God comments like that are so bloody stupid. As if she's going to stick her neck out defending him in a situation that has nothing to do with her. What's she going to say? He was nice to me so that proves he's never been a dick to anyone else ever? Even if she did ardently believe the accusations were lies, she'd still surely be advised by her management to stay out of it.

Reactions: 10
No kidding. 🙄 😂

View attachment 2956103

How on earth does this imbecile know that there is ‘no evidence’? DS really is packed to the rafters with idiots.

Seemingly, I’m inadvertently still in a few FB Strictly groups from the spoiler days, and a post randomly popped up today in which all but a few of the comments were adamant that it’s all lies, including a few choice ones referring to Amanda only as ‘the witch’.

The rampant societal misogyny that this has highlighted is so demoralising. It’s no wonder that women are extremely reluctant to report bad male behaviour, or that men get away with it, given the avalanche of abuse, accusation and disbelief that follows a complaint.

Amanda has been phenomenally brave, and she’s opened up an avenue for others who were too wary to step forward on their own. That’s commendable.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How on earth does this imbecile know that there is ‘no evidence’? DS really is packed to the rafters with idiots.

Seemingly, I’m inadvertently still in a few FB Strictly groups from the spoiler days, and a post randomly popped up today in which all but a few of the comments were adamant that it’s all lies, including a few choice ones referring to Amanda only as ‘the witch’.

The rampant societal misogyny that this has highlighted is so demoralising. It’s no wonder that women are extremely reluctant to report bad male behaviour, or that men get away with it, given the avalanche of abuse, accusation and disbelief that follows a complaint.

Amanda has been phenomenally brave, and she’s opened up an avenue for others who were too wary to step forward on their own. That’s commendable.
Absolutely. I’m not an Amanda fan at all but to make a stand like this when she is receiving so much blatant hostility is amazing. People are questioning her motivation and what result she is looking for (she wants to destroy this poor man’s life 😩). It shouldn’t matter what outcome these people are looking for. The fact that this happened and shouldn’t have is enough. It’s extraordinary that 2 people apparently asked for chaperones and were refused. Whoever made that decision and didn’t address the clear situation with Gio is to blame here. By allowing him to behave however he wanted with no consequences I would imagine he became emboldened and his behaviour got worse. His negative attitude towards strictly, his fellow pros and the contestants seems to have become more blatant over the last couple of years. Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if the BBC had addressed concerns raised about him years ago.

I think all pros should teach by primarily using noise rather than actual words 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s really poir

It’s really poor to drag other forum user’s opinions like this and mock them. DS is just a little more mixed in opinions like Mumsnet. I quite like the debate quality and find some of the most perceptive posts on DS. Love this site, especially for the influencer cult shaming, but sometimes it does feel like a bit lacking in balance views.

Gio has never been a favourite but he has had some truly memorable partnerships and performances.

I do not find Amanda’s actions commendable in the slightest.

I can imagine that those live Saturday night performances must be TERRIFYING even for contestants with performance background. It would surely be so much easier to be with a more nurturing pro, even if they might not get the best from you.

Long hours rehearsing would be a slog with someone you found difficult too.

At the end of the day though: Is it worth ruining someone’s career over? I don’t care who the pro is, it’s set a bad precedent and unlikeable fools such as Stacey Dooley saying “women should be believed”?! Total conflation.

I may be totally wrong about the severity of accusations but we are already talking about “victims”. I think Amanda probably does have PTSD but not sure it’s Strictly that caused it. I think she was probably angry and still in shock when she joined the show. Another partner might have been in the firing line for other reasons.

Just does feel like a witch hunt.

Reactions: 4
Layton is beautiful.

I have respect for Vito for being the only current pro for not following G on insta (even if it was G that unfollowed him first).
I’m also no fan of Amanda but good on her, for speaking up, anyone that feels they have been bullied ought to tell - isn’t that what we teach children?

Reactions: 13
Apparently Frank
Other than that unnecessary lift in the showdance, I think Vito did rein it in with Ellie after their Samba and the judges kind of criticised him for being a bit too powerful. But I do love watching him dance so maybe I see through rose tinted glasses. For me he is one of the most adaptable pros for different genres of dance and that’s a skill - but, yes different strokes and all that and it would pretty boring everyone loved the same thing.
I also think Jowita is an incredible dancer and I would like to see what she could do with a ringer or someone with an outgoing personality.
Michelle in D Vlogs comes across as lovely, I hope she gets to show more of her personality this year, rather than just having to stand in the background on Saturday night.
Apparently Frank Skinner is rumoured to be a sign up! LOVE him and think he would be great with Jowita!

It’s really poir
It’s really poor to drag other forum user’s opinions like this and mock them. DS is just a little more mixed in opinions like Mumsnet. I quite like the debate quality and find some of the most perceptive posts on DS. Love this site, especially for the influencer cult shaming, but sometimes it does feel like a bit lacking in balance views.

Gio has never been a favourite but he has had some truly memorable partnerships and performances.

I do not find Amanda’s actions commendable in the slightest.

I can imagine that those live Saturday night performances must be TERRIFYING even for contestants with performance background. It would surely be so much easier to be with a more nurturing pro, even if they might not get the best from you.

Long hours rehearsing would be a slog with someone you found difficult too.

At the end of the day though: Is it worth ruining someone’s career over? I don’t care who the pro is, it’s set a bad precedent and unlikeable fools such as Stacey Dooley saying “women should be believed”?! Total conflation.

I may be totally wrong about the severity of accusations but we are already talking about “victims”. I think Amanda probably does have PTSD but not sure it’s Strictly that caused it. I think she was probably angry and still in shock when she joined the show. Another partner might have been in the firing line for other reasons.

The media have made it a witch hunt and I would say Gs PR team are making it worse. It isn’t just a witch hunt against G but also against Amanda et al. He would have been best to do a statement, defend himself, say he has no further comment as this now an official complaint and turn off his comments on his insta post. Him keeping on the comments is encouraging the witch hunt on both sides. If I were Amanda et al’s legal team I would be considering using the fact he hasn’t turned off those comments as trying to antagonise and intimidate my clients into dropping their claims. I’m no fan of Amanda or the possible other 2 (Laura and Ranvir) but I don’t think any of those 3 are naive and they know that by doing this they run the risk of ruining their careers and reputation if G is cleared and he is seen to have acted appropriately.

Reactions: 16
Other than that unnecessary lift in the showdance, I think Vito did rein it in with Ellie after their Samba and the judges kind of criticised him for being a bit too powerful. But I do love watching him dance so maybe I see through rose tinted glasses. For me he is one of the most adaptable pros for different genres of dance and that’s a skill - but, yes different strokes and all that and it would pretty boring everyone loved the same thing.
I also think Jowita is an incredible dancer and I would like to see what she could do with a ringer or someone with an outgoing personality.
Michelle in D Vlogs comes across as lovely, I hope she gets to show more of her personality this year, rather than just having to stand in the background on Saturday night.
I absolutely love Vito but he’s not promoted to top tier for me until he does well with either a duffer or someone with no natural ability. Carlos too. I’m sure both will be able to and I think this is definitely the year for both of them to have weaker partners.

Reactions: 8

I see you haven't encountered our LadyLavender fanfics...

Re the other BIB: surely it depends on what he's alleged to have done? we have no idea. And don't foget, as unlikeable as Amanda is, there are other women involved.

I'm not Stacey Dooley's biggest fan but to call her an 'unlikeable fool' is harsh. She seems generally fine.

Reactions: 9
I see you haven't encountered our LadyLavender fanfics...

Re the other BIB: surely it depends on what he's alleged to have done? we have no idea. And don't foget, as unlikeable as Amanda is, there are other women involved.

I'm not Stacey Dooley's biggest fan but to call her an 'unlikeable fool' is harsh. She seems generally fine.
Totally agree re what the allegations are but that’s just it - we don’t know yet.

Was a bit harsh re Stacey and sometimes I don’t mind her but I do find her completely disingenuous and humble bragging. One of my least favourite winners.

Lady Lav: Wish I had known her now! She sounds a character 🤣

Apparently its not ‘poor form’ to ‘mock people’ if what they said doesn’t fit your agenda. And it definitely doesn’t make you a raving hypocrite to do so in the exact same post in which you’ve just condescendingly wagged your finger at someone else for apparently doing the same thing 🤷‍♀️🙄

Reactions: 11
Both are gorgeous men and lovely partners. Both have also had unpopular (Fleur) and not particularly popular (Molly) which can be harder to overcome than less talent.

In fact I think both Ellie and Angela could have been more forgettable (I loved both) with other people. Both made great progress too. Vito and Carlos seem great teachers and have great personalities.

Apparently Frank
Apparently Frank Skinner is rumoured to be a sign up! LOVE him and think he would be great with Jowita!
I’ve seen that too! He’d be great but probably a bit tall for Jowita, Katya maybe?

Stacey d
Apparently its not ‘poor form’ to ‘mock people’ if what they said doesn’t fit your agenda. And it definitely doesn’t make you a raving hypocrite to do so in the exact same post in which you’ve just condescendingly wagged your finger at someone else for apparently doing the same thing 🤷‍♀️🙄
I take your point and didn’t mean to sound condescending. Stacey isn’t a forum member though. Still you’re right not really my place to lecture and I apologise for that! It’s a very divisive subject and I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I have to say I didn’t like the whole Clifton thing and crazy that Sean and Katya had so much grief that year when others were doing similar.
---
That would b
I’ve seen that too! He’d be great but probably a bit tall for Jowita, Katya maybe?
That would be a fab pairing!

I feel sad for Gio in some ways, and for Amanda!

The standard of dancing in Strictly, and the expectations of choreography has improved over the years, and its when you compare the dances done in the UK series, to those done in the US series, that you notice it massively. The US seems a lot gentler and less showy in what is expected from the contestants!

If the professionals are trying to coax a brilliant dance from their celebrity, I would imagine they are going to to be setting high standards for the celebrities to live up to. To become a world champion dancer, Im sure Gio would have had to train extensively and probably pushed himself way out of his comfort zone. If he is expecting his celebrity to work as hard as he does, there is bound to be conflict, if the celebrity isnt as competitive as he is.

There was a horrible pairing a few years ago between Johannes and Caroline Quentin which also looked uncomfortable. She didnt look like she had any intention of pushing herself that hard, and Johannes looked fed up with her most of the time.

The BBC needs to work on pairing celebrities with professionals who are willing to work in the same kind of way, with the same kind of expectations. If Amanda felt stressed, then the BBC should have been able to step in and remind Gio that she was there to put on a show, not to end up pushing herself too hard. Its only a TV show for goodness sake!

Reactions: 7
The weather in Brighton looks amazing. Vito and Graz sat shirtless on the beach befriending ‘sea eagles’.

IMG_7400.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.