Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sad for Gio in some ways, and for Amanda!

The standard of dancing in Strictly, and the expectations of choreography has improved over the years, and its when you compare the dances done in the UK series, to those done in the US series, that you notice it massively. The US seems a lot gentler and less showy in what is expected from the contestants!

If the professionals are trying to coax a brilliant dance from their celebrity, I would imagine they are going to to be setting high standards for the celebrities to live up to. To become a world champion dancer, Im sure Gio would have had to train extensively and probably pushed himself way out of his comfort zone. If he is expecting his celebrity to work as hard as he does, there is bound to be conflict, if the celebrity isnt as competitive as he is.

There was a horrible pairing a few years ago between Johannes and Caroline Quentin which also looked uncomfortable. She didnt look like she had any intention of pushing herself that hard, and Johannes looked fed up with her most of the time.

The BBC needs to work on pairing celebrities with professionals who are willing to work in the same kind of way, with the same kind of expectations. If Amanda felt stressed, then the BBC should have been able to step in and remind Gio that she was there to put on a show, not to end up pushing herself too hard. Its only a TV show for goodness sake!
I totally agree.

The main point about this sorry Amanda/Gio he said/she said saga is the pairing in the first place.

Who sat down and thought: I know - let’s put a de facto single mum of teenagers who has just had a huge life trauma with someone known to be abrasive and arrogant and a tricky person?!

Not fair to either of them.

Reactions: 9
It’s really poir
It’s really poor to drag other forum user’s opinions like this and mock them. DS is just a little more mixed in opinions like Mumsnet. I quite like the debate quality and find some of the most perceptive posts on DS. Love this site, especially for the influencer cult shaming, but sometimes it does feel like a bit lacking in balance views.

Gio has never been a favourite but he has had some truly memorable partnerships and performances.

I do not find Amanda’s actions commendable in the slightest.

I can imagine that those live Saturday night performances must be TERRIFYING even for contestants with performance background. It would surely be so much easier to be with a more nurturing pro, even if they might not get the best from you.

Long hours rehearsing would be a slog with someone you found difficult too.

At the end of the day though: Is it worth ruining someone’s career over? I don’t care who the pro is, it’s set a bad precedent and unlikeable fools such as Stacey Dooley saying “women should be believed”?! Total conflation.

I may be totally wrong about the severity of accusations but we are already talking about “victims”. I think Amanda probably does have PTSD but not sure it’s Strictly that caused it. I think she was probably angry and still in shock when she joined the show. Another partner might have been in the firing line for other reasons.

Just does feel like a witch hunt.
The tabloids are sensationalizing it of course, I can understand calling that a bit witch-hunty, but the investigation itself is obviously the correct course of action. A workplace can't keep refusing to ignore mounting complaints. If the investigation finds he's done nothing wrong then it's Amanda's career that'll be ruined not his, so, whatever.

It's not like I'm mocking someone with a fair, balanced 'we don't really know anything, no one should be taking sides' kind of opinion. I'm quite comfortable mocking the most unhinged, deranged and just plain stupid comment in the whole thread though, thanks!

Come on, how can you do anything but fall over laughing at "It's a year since Rose and Gio won everyone's hearts with their performances. This never gets any mention in the tabloid's one sided allegations"? Yes, you're right, I'm sorry, when a choreographer of unparalleled genius wins a shiny plastic ball and a BAFTA all by himself *shoves Rose in a broom cupboard and kicks Arduino down the stairs* and is officially bestowed the title of World's Best Disability Advocate by his fans for *checks notes* teaching an Inspirational Deaf Girl to dance (his job that he was contractually obligated to do, and that several other pros have also done with disabled contestants) it totally should guarantee him immunity from having his career ruined (which it only will be, if he's actually found to have done something unacceptable.)

Also, how am I supposed to take seriously the opinion of someone who thinks Rose won a year ago? lmao even my ADHD warped perception of time isn't that far off! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The BBC needs to work on pairing celebrities with professionals who are willing to work in the same kind of way, with the same kind of expectations. If Amanda felt stressed, then the BBC should have been able to step in and remind Gio that she was there to put on a show, not to end up pushing herself too hard. Its only a TV show for goodness sake!
I agree with your last point, but the BIB - all pros should know how to adapt their teaching to suit different abilities - that is literally their job. And all the pros are v. competitive. Just most of the others know when to rein it in

It always felt unfair that Gio only got ringers or those with potential, especially when you have others pros who got more than their fair share of duffers, presumably because they kinder than him? Which is just a bit messed up

Edit: I know he didn't always get ringers but even Richie had some potential

Reactions: 10
I see the Madeira trip was a free promo one for Gio. Suspected so when I saw his stylist was with them .
I’m howling at how ridiculous that video is! Acting as if they’re the worlds newest power couple, when he’s a Strictly dancer known for shagging half his partners and she’s his Instagram model girlfriend! Hilarious 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m howling at how ridiculous that video is! Acting as if they’re the worlds newest power couple, when he’s a Strictly dancer known for shagging half his partners and she’s his Instagram model girlfriend! Hilarious 🤣🤣
This is cinema.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Well he certainly seems to be coping well in these trying times. What a trooper 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel like I need to record every clip of a tour dance that isn't the finale 😁 Katya providing the content today:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like I need to record every clip of a tour dance that isn't the finale 😁 Katya providing the content today:

View attachment 2956636

I was not at all prepared for Nikita in leather trousers! 🥵

Katya looked so happy
She really did. Lovely to see that actually strictly isn’t a cesspit of arrogant pricks and there are genuine friendships.

• Heart

View attachment 2956636

The first clip, the first bit when they are all cowboys was the bit of the show that made me most feral. All the guys were the answer to save a horse, ride a cowboy.

But gorka's arse in the trousers he wore when they were all dressed flower powery was arsing like never before. They were sprayed on to his arse cheeks.

• Haha
I'm a dyed in the wool Gio fan. Fantastic dancer, had had loads of stand out dances on the show and is drop dead gorgeous close up.

But if any of Amanda's recollection are true, then good on her for making a stand.

And shame on the BBC for not intervening if similar things had happened in the past.

And shame on Gio for not being able to be a normal human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The first clip, the first bit when they are all cowboys was the bit of the show that made me most feral. All the guys were the answer to save a horse, ride a cowboy.

But gorka's arse in the trousers he wore when they were all dressed flower powery was arsing like never before. They were sprayed on to his arse cheeks.
I too was impressed by Gorka’s Rhythm of life trousers and I’m not generally a Gorka fan. Am I turning into the female version of you? 🤔
IMG_7401.jpeg

No, I will never find Neil remotely attractive 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I too was impressed by Gorka’s Rhythm of life trousers and I’m not generally a Gorka fan.
Sorry, I’m just in an utter state of shock that people aren’t automatically Gorka fans just from looking at his gorgeous arse face?? Are you all ok?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry, I’m just in an utter state of shock that people aren’t automatically Gorka fans just from looking at his gorgeous arse face?? Are you all ok?
I have always found Gorka's face a bit rodenty-y. Combined with his hideous dress sense recently, and the back tat, it's a 'no' from me. But I don't actually fancy any of the male pros bar Vito. Even Graz, who is objectively very handsome, doesn't do anything for me looks wise, but has an adorable personality.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.