Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No one person makes or breaks a show. Yes, we all have ones we really like, (or not), but even if they leave, the show will go on.
I think I be more devastated if Claudia or Craig left the show than any of my favourite pros, as their absence would have the potential to fundamentally change the vibe of Strictly

Plus I can still thirst after Gorka on insta when he leaves, so I won't be entirely bereft

Reactions: 16
I still remember the early days of the show where Matthew Cutler was the closest to male eye candy they had. Glad they've evolved on that count. It might sound bad, but the more pros from abroad, the better looking the lineup tends to be.

Reactions: 8
Pro tour was mostly great, Vito and Jowita dancing together are 🔥, as was Nikita and Luba's dance, and Carlos and Nancy and Karen and Gorka are always good together. Gorka and Jowita too.
I was a bit meh about Michelle's intro dance, you're just after telling us she's the 10 times Cypriot Latin champion, so why is she doing a commercial dance and not a Latin dance? But she was 🔥 in the Fosse section as seen in the clip above, as was Carlos in his corset. Enough of the Fosse bit with Carlos in the chair with the three girls though, it was in pro tour last year, on Strictly, and then pro tour again this year.
Some funny bits, usually involving Neil who continues to embrace his role as the comedy pro. The Barbie part was good and there was a lot of Gorka and Nikita chest on show, but Dianne's impression of Barbie involves speaking at a decibel only dogs can hear, so brace your ears for that 🙉😆
What are the thoughts on Karen doing a certain Lakita dance with Nikita? It was good, but I did wonder if it could have been brilliant with Carlos, like Mad About the Boy part 2. Vito and Nikita's dance was lovely, I wasn't fussed about it on the show but it works well with the stairs on stage.
Those wanting to see some eye candy will enjoy, I think Neil is the only boy who doesn't get his chest out at some point, for which I say thank you Neil 😁

Hoping the rumours start soon. DS has collected up the following list of potentials:

Dean McCullough (Radio 1)
Hannah Waddingham
Laura Kenny
Nitro from Gladiators
Shona McGarty (EastEnders)
Tommy Fury

I don’t see Waddingham or Fury in. Think Laura would be a good casting. I’m not sold on Gladiators as impressive bookings but I do think Nitro would be fun.

Could see Shona as a potential (though her history of anxiety is a tad concerning given past mental health withdrawals). Dean fits a usual Strictly casting trope, but possibly too similar to Layton? Another male ringer likely in a same-sex pairing feels a bit samey for this year. I’d rather they went for a really good all-female couple.

Reactions: 2
If Nitro is on my knob will look like a pepperami by the end of the launch show.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hoping the rumours start soon. DS has collected up the following list of potentials:

Dean McCullough (Radio 1)
Hannah Waddingham
Laura Kenny
Nitro from Gladiators
Shona McGarty (EastEnders)
Tommy Fury

I don’t see Waddingham or Fury in. Think Laura would be a good casting. I’m not sold on Gladiators as impressive bookings but I do think Nitro would be fun.

Could see Shona as a potential (though her history of anxiety is a tad concerning given past mental health withdrawals). Dean fits a usual Strictly casting trope, but possibly too similar to Layton? Another male ringer likely in a same-sex pairing feels a bit samey for this year. I’d rather they went for a really good all-female couple.
Shona might be a good shout actually. I’m surprised Jay from Eastenders name hasn’t been brought up he won the Christmas special like Maisie did and she landed the next season.

Reactions: 4
Danielle Harold, who left Eastenders a year or so ago would be a good shout. She’s very attractive and can probably dance a bit. She has done a few reality shows though.
She’d also be a good one for Kai, as they know each other from Celebrity Hunted.
Wonder when that series will be shown?

I saw a few Lakitas on twitter complaining about the dance being sullied by a woman....

Gio has posted this. Comments as expected. Thus far no likes/comments from pros/Rose/others

I saw a few Lakitas on twitter complaining about the dance being sullied by a woman....

Gio has posted this. Comments as expected. Thus far no likes/comments from pros/Rose/others

The guy just doesn't get it. I'm not even gratifying the "I just want them to be the best dancers they can be" shite with a response. He's way too far gone.
---
ETA - F*ck it.

Not even remotely interested in taking accountability for the fact that his teaching methods clearly have not worked for multiple celebs, and that a good teacher should respond to the needs of their student. He's too much of a narcissist to see this, as evidenced by the multiple mentions of "I" and "me" in this statement, it's clearly all about him in his mind.

And no Giovanni, I am not surprised at allegations like this being made. If you'd come across a nicer person over 9 years on the show, then maybe I would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Gio ought to have turned the comments off the statement. To me keeping the comments on is encouraging negative behaviour towards those that put in the complaint and he knows that. No pros etc will like the statement they can’t as it’s now a legal case against him/bbc.
---
I actually I wonder if Gio gets how serious this is and that the those looking into this will not go by what his fans say about him, just evidence presented to them. Is the evidence he is using to defend himself going to be fan comments from insta?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Gio ought to have turned the comments off the statement. To me keeping the comments on is encouraging negative behaviour towards those that put in the complaint and he knows that. No pros etc will like the statement they can’t as it’s now a legal case against him/bbc.
Yep, that’s exactly why he’s done it. He’s rallying his flying monkeys because he’s outraged that he’s been called to account

I actually I wonder if Gio gets how serious this is and that the those looking into this will not go by what his fans say about him, just evidence presented to them. Is the evidence he is using to defend himself going to be fan comments from insta?
I’m genuinely undecided as to whether it’s just occurred to him that it has all suddenly got very real and he’s shitting himself, or if he glibly thinks he can charm his way out of it 😐

We’ve seen the video of him shouting about ‘the stupid cow’

We saw how he treated Richie

We saw how detached he was last series, and how he disappeared mid-way through the finals

We’ve seen his multiple problematic partnerships

We saw how almost everyone connected to the show posted supportive messages for Amanda when she left, suggesting that she wasn’t a lazy diva who threw a hissy fit because she fancied him

We see that none of the other pros have anything to do with him most of the time (bar Lauren, who was employed by him)

We heard about his public comment about Krishnan being ‘tit

But yeah, pulling a faux-naïf ‘gosh, I’m literally so shocked to hear that some people think I’m a bit mean, but it’s only because I care so much’ routine will do the trick. 🙄

Reactions: 25
I can’t wait for him to discover that the Beryls will move on very quickly and he will be reduced to doing ads for fannywater on insta.

The misogyny in those comments. I bet they're all be kind folk but only towards Fanny Rat not anyone else. Amanda was in no way lazy, most forums were calling her a robot and it was obvious she was a perfectionist too. She'll be well used to putting the hours in for her job but she was entitled to eat and to leave after so many hours to be with her family. The way he used to push and pull her about the Clauditorium in the background used to trigger controlling vibes in me.

I'd laugh if the third complaint was from Rose. The way people are using her to defend him is really demeaning and act like he's responsible for her career success but she was already successful off her own back. They'd soon turn on her.

Or the 'I've met him and he was lovely' comments. Because you'd paid for him to be.

Reactions: 15
---
I think this is his second attempt to salvage it for himself/his tour tickets, the first being that article about how he might leave strictly for better things but he'll think about it whilst he's on holiday. Considering that went wrong very quickly, I'm waiting to see if we get another leak to the press from the celebs' side. He's also given us a clearer picture, he's being accused of "abusive" and "threatening" behaviour

Also you're right that the pros can't or shouldn't like this, but considering that Gio has continually dismissed them as being jealous, I bet they wouldn't anyway.

Reactions: 7
The comments on his post are awful. They have no idea what has happened - yet suddenly he is a hardworking and caring dancing god and they are lazy women who fancied him.
---
Hi Newbie to this forum 👋. How about Roman Kemp, he’s everywhere at the moment?
Hi 👋. Yes, he has been mentioned as a potential.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.