Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Roman Kemp is a good shout, but I would love it to be Martin!

Reactions: 7
I think Roman Kemp is a good shout, but I would love it to be Martin!
I'd be happy for anyone to enter except Nolan, the LW Nolan. Can't stand her and won't be watching should the rumours about her being in it prove to be true.

Reactions: 6
But not all the celebs wanted to win - they wanted to have a good experience!
This!

I think this whole situation also makes a good case for not giving any pro a succession of ringers or celebs with potential so they end up treating it much more like a serious competition than light-hearted Saturday night entertainment

Maybe if Gio had been given a duffer to teach say in his second or third series (before his ego got completely out of hand) he might have developed a bit more empathy and appreciated that it's not always about the win

Reactions: 14
The misogyny in those comments. I bet they're all be kind folk but only towards Fanny Rat not anyone else. Amanda was in no way lazy, most forums were calling her a robot and it was obvious she was a perfectionist too. She'll be well used to putting the hours in for her job but she was entitled to eat and to leave after so many hours to be with her family. The way he used to push and pull her about the Clauditorium in the background used to trigger controlling vibes in me.

I'd laugh if the third complaint was from Rose. The way people are using her to defend him is really demeaning and act like he's responsible for her career success but she was already successful off her own back. They'd soon turn on her.

Or the 'I've met him and he was lovely' comments. Because you'd paid for him to be.
There won't be any complaint from Rose. She thinks the sun shines out of his backside.

The comments on his post are awful. They have no idea what has happened - yet suddenly he is a hardworking and caring dancing god and they are lazy women who fancied him.
---

Hi 👋. Yes, he has been mentioned as a potential.
Just been reading the comments. Absolutely awful.
Sadly, I would imagine his narcissism makes him think his fans can save him and he’ll get out of this one untouched.

Reactions: 7
There won't be any complaint from Rose. She thinks the sun shines out of his backside.
I don’t get the impression she thinks that highly of him anymore, she’s distanced herself from him and Strictly recently anyway (plus it’s been nearly 3 years since they won). I don’t think she’ll make a complaint but I doubt she’d rush to defend him. Assuming pros can’t comment on it, but surely past celebs can? I’ll await Debbie McGee’s essay on how lovely he is…

Reactions: 9
Rose hasn't liked any of his posts since Amanda-gate. She could easily have dropped him a nice comment. At the very least, she just doesn't want to be involved.

There's been a leak from Amanda's side. Apparently he deliberately stamped on her foot, reduced her to tears regularly, was 'abrasive', there were crisis talks every week, but nothing changed. And he had to talk to a workplace counseller when she left.
If any of this is true the show massively fucked up by indulging him

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
On the DS appreciation thread I saw them moaning about the people criticising Gio saying how can they say that, they don’t know him. Neither do they!!!

This has been dragging on for months now so it’s definitely stepped up a gear if he felt the needs to write that statement. I agree that he knew exactly what response he would get and he’s rounding up the flying monkeys to take her down. He sees himself as the victim in this scenario, how dare someone try to make him accountable for his behaviour? The BBC have overindulged him by never giving him a duffer. I think he was always arrogant but by overindulging him they have created this prick who thinks he’s the main character who can do whatever he wants.

Reactions: 12
On the DS appreciation thread I saw them moaning about the people criticising Gio saying how can they say that, they don’t know him. Neither do they!!!

This has been dragging on for months now so it’s definitely stepped up a gear if he felt the needs to write that statement. I agree that he knew exactly what response he would get and he’s rounding up the flying monkeys to take her down. He sees himself as the victim in this scenario, how dare someone try to make him accountable for his behaviour? The BBC have overindulged him by never giving him a duffer. I think he was always arrogant but by overindulging him they have created this prick who thinks he’s the main character who can do whatever he wants.
The Rose Effect made him bulletproof and he got high on his own supply, I think. Just because he was nice to the 'little deaf girl' (let's forget about 'Stupid Cow'). The comments about Amanda's partner's 'jealousy' are especially gross.

I wonder if it had been a different celeb and pro would the views be different. Like, would the Vito-haters on DS defend him if Ellie accused him of bad behaviour? Or nice Angela Scanlon versus a newish pro like Carlos?

Reactions: 8
I love how the Beryls on DS are all saying tattle is toxic. This is genuinely the least toxic place I’ve ever seen to discuss strictly. Everyone generally just has a laugh.

Rose hasn't liked any of his posts since Amanda-gate. She could easily have dropped him a nice comment. At the very least, she just doesn't want to be involved.

There's been a leak from Amanda's side. Apparently he deliberately stamped on her foot, reduced her to tears regularly, was 'abrasive', there were crisis talks every week, but nothing changed. And he had to talk to a workplace counseller when she left.

bleeping hell.

I don’t blame Amanda’s side for dropping a few details. She’s been subject to horrific abuse since she left the show, as is usual for every woman who has the temerity to publicly call out bad male behaviour.

But, you know, there are still idiots asking why Laura, Ranvir, etc., didn’t speak up at the time 🙄

What's worrying about his statement is that he did not write that. The grammar and spelling is too good. I'm sure it's been prepared for him by his PR.

They must have known that DM article was coming out today and that's why there was a very late night statement put out.

Reactions: 12
My impression is that she tolerated him with bemused irritation during the show, leveraged their successful partnership to draw career opportunities her way, then gradually started distancing herself once the glow of their win started to fade.

She was impressively savvy, overall.
---
What's worrying about his statement is that he did not write that. The grammar and spelling is too good. I'm sure it's been prepared for him by his PR.

They must have known that DM article was coming out today and that's why there was a very late night statement put out.
Yes, it’s very obvious that he did not write a word of that!

Reactions: 10
The people defending Gio, if it was Neil would they think that behaviour was acceptable. If it was a female pro doing that to a male celeb would it be acceptable?
If what is said is true - weekly crisis talks, Amanda found crying, Gio being spoken to after Amanda left and he still came out publicly on tv (think it was Lorraine) and say he won’t be changing his teaching style - proves he has no empathy and is just about winning at any cost. It is a bloody Saturday night light entertainment show! The allegations are against him in his workplace, not who is outside the training room. His evidence to clear his name so to speak will have to show that he is not a ‘bully’ in the training room - it doesn’t matter if he is lovely outside of the training room. I don’t think it’s going to be easy for him. He was even tough with Rose she nearly didnt dance the first week - he admits this in Dans book. Always go back to Michelle saying he the toughest pro but she needed/wanted that but that not everyone does. That’s the point if your celeb doesn’t want that you stop, if you are causing someone to cry regularly you stop. Well any decent person would.

Reactions: 17

Is it confirmed he’s quit now?

Reactions: 2
I love how the Beryls on DS are all saying tattle is toxic. This is genuinely the least toxic place I’ve ever seen to discuss strictly. Everyone generally just has a laugh.
Not even Neil-lovers are truly shunned!

I just can't understand the derangement of defending him blindly - he's not even hot any more! in the pics the tabloids got of him on holiday this week he's showing off his leg tattoo and wearing black socks and trainers. Is it confirmed he’s quit now?

Is it confirmed he’s quit now?
No. He says he wants to clear his name and obviously they can't confirm him back till this is over. I'd be shocked if he came back though.

Carlos looks so good in that corset, damn! 🥵
Shoutout to Michelle's industrial strength tit tape!

Vito slowly worming his way back into my good books with that story with Dianne yesterday.
🎶You are my sunshine, my only sunshi-🎶ooh a beautiful dog! 😂

eta: oops, catching up on the thread, didn't realise the fosse clip had already been posted, but oh well, can't have too much of a good thing.

Last edited:
If any of the allegations front Amanda are true, Gio doesn't have a leg to dance on!!!

Also if the workplace counsellor are true, firstly why did they wait till she was out the show to implement this and secondly, why in earth were the BBC considering offering him a contract this year.

I love Gio and his show was amazing. Close up, he's fecking gorgeous.

But he'll find that without strictly there will be a big drop off in his audience. Just like Brendan did.

He'll probably end up doing the rounds of celebrity reality shows. Honestly, it would have come eventually. Anton got lucky with covid that they needed another judge.

I'll still watch the strictly, but unless they've got a spectacular pairing like Lakita I might find my interst diminishing

Reactions: 4
All workplaces coverup bad behaviour and hope it goes away. As no formal complaint had been made when they offered Gio the contract, had he not wanted to leave strictly and had they not have offered him a contract, he wouldn’t have gone quietly and it would also have made it look like the allegations were true. For all we know perhaps they were going to bench him.
I hope the BBC for their sake kept notes/records of what was discussed at those crisis talks. Interesting that they couldn’t release the training videos due to data protection etc. isn’t the point of the training footage so that it can be used as part of the show - therefore available for public viewing. Surely anyone that might be on the training footage would have to sign something to say they are happy that this to be used for public purposes etc?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.